X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    I was wondering if you would post that since there is no mention of JL and surprisingly no mention of the Spink brothers. There is mention of a Connor Primeau, but I have a gut feeling that we won't be interested.

Edit: You edited your message .
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'd say that was a good night... Sign them. Now.
      I am getting more enthused about them since they have apparently grown. I think that there is a limit on how many small players one should have, even if they are talented.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I am getting more enthused about them since they have apparently grown. I think that there is a limit on how many small players one should have, even if they are talented.
        I don't disagree...I think 5'10 180 frosh kids a la JD'A and Brock Higgs are about the low end. At their current rate, the Spinks won't have any trouble hitting that mark. The talent pool for big forwards with skill is pretty limited. Rogic, at 6'+ has size and speed...he will surprise and will only be tougher to play against as he adds mass. Cullen is now 6' 190...Tinordi, Burger Jr., Rabbani, Malchuk..we've got more beef upfront than some folks think.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I don't disagree...I think 5'10 180 frosh kids a la JD'A and Brock Higgs are about the low end. At their current rate, the Spinks won't have any trouble hitting that mark. The talent pool for big forwards with skill is pretty limited. Rogic, at 6'+ has size and speed...he will surprise and will only be tougher to play against as he adds mass. Cullen is now 6' 190...Tinordi, Burger Jr., Rabbani, Malchuk..we've got more beef upfront than some folks think.
          Burger Jr.? I thought they are identical twins.

If they're at that low end, we can help them out with the muscle mass. Obviously you can't teach size, but you can create muscle.

Comment

On Sunday, the Cornwall Colts defeated the Pembroke Lumber Kings 3-2. Jacob Laliberté had no points or penalties. OTOH, the Spink brothers did rather well offensively. http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxs...gameid=1318587

Laliberté's line is now 6-7-5-12-0.
            Heres a report from a HF poster who was at the game last night:
            I was at the PLK- Colts game in Pembroke last night. It was a quick, slightly sloppy game which Cornwall squeaked out, 3-2.
            The Spink twins were very noticable, sharing a starring role with the Colts goaltender who made several specacular saves to keep the game close after PLK jumped to a 2-0 lead.. Cornwall battled back, taking advantage of 2 terrible turnovers that ended up in the Pembroke net when a couple Kings' rookies coughed the puck up in their own end trying to be too fancy..
            Pembroke carried play for the most part running 4 lines, while Cornwall seemed to run the Spinks, Zion and a couple others every second shift. Also notable, Laliberte left the game half way through after Peca belted him near centre ice.
            All in all, Pembroke looked to be the stronger team but couldn't solve the Colts superior goaltending. PLK seems to have plenty of playmakers but nobody that can bury the biscuit consistently like Cross & Just did last year.
            I have seen Brockville, and these two teams play and I would say all are fairly similar in terms of quality..

Comment

redhead18,
              Thanks for that post. JL is a marked man this year. Hopefully he will survive it with no lingering injuries for next season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                Heres a report from a HF poster who was at the game last night:
                I would note that your boy Karvouniaris was in net for the win (the poster didn't name him.)
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I would note that your boy Karvouniaris was in net for the win (the poster didn't name him.)
                  He's playing great so far, I bet Chretien didnt see this coming. Heres an article from the Ottawa Sun last week about Karvouniaris' hot start to the season with some quotes from JL at the end.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../15459316.html

Captain Jacob Laliberte said Pembroke poses a “big test” for the Colts.

“We have to be a tough team, and I know we’re not the biggest team up front, so we’ll have to have that tough mentality,” he said.

Laliberte was one of five Colts in the top 10 in CJHL scoring, led by the captain with linemate twins Tyson and Tylor Spink and second-line threats Kevin Cole and Mitch Zion.

“We have some highly offensive players who do a lot of things with the puck at high speeds, we’re very skilled up front and we’ve got a very mature back end. We’ve got a lot of depth,” said McInnis.

Laliberte admits it was painful seeing the player he was traded for, graduated Pembroke star Damian Cross, winning the scoring race and hoisting the Bogart Cup to finish the 2009-10 season.

“It was tough seeing that, but myself and everyone else we put that in the past, we’ll be moving forward and looking to win this year,” said Laliberte, who led the league with 62 goals and had 110 points last season.

“I don’t have any overall personal goals this season,” he added. “It’s a team goal and that goal is to win the championship.”

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    I'd give them 34 and 35-so they add up to something significant.
                    How gratuitous of you Doc...

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                      Sunday Funday for you Doc?

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                        He's playing great so far, I bet Chretien didnt see this coming. Heres an article from the Ottawa Sun last week about Karvouniaris' hot start to the season with some quotes from JL at the end.

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hock.../15459316.html
                        Is he Lithuanian?

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                          Is he Lithuanian?
                          It sounds Greek to me.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

How gratuitous of you Doc...
                            Someone has to keep a little levity on this thread-the posts are just getting so serious all the time.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Is he Lithuanian?
                              He could be Klingon.
                              Last edited by DrDemento; 09-28-2010, 09:26 AM.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

It sounds Greek to me.
                                I was thinking Bulgarian...

Comment

Working...
                                X