No announcement yet.

USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Memories: Back In The Day....

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Yeah, that's insane behavior. You have to be either incredibly clueless or incredibly callous. In many places it's a death sentence, and some of those places are right here in good ol' Murika.
    My stepfather outed me to one of his friends. His friend said some not nice things. Stepfather really wishes I wouldn't call his friend a bigot, but now I see both of them as bigots, and while I will never see his friend again, my stepfather continues to dig a pretty deep hole. Among his greatest hits include "God doesn't make mistakes," "Mom would have been royally ****ed off at you," and "b-tch without a c-nt." I learned instead of responding, just look at him and think "dig that hole, *******."
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Depends on the person. I was okay with "he/him" until I came out. Now if you call me "he," I will punch you in the nose.
      I wasn't being clear. Let's say I'm talking, today, about you when you were pre-female-identifying, whether that's 18 or 8 or 1/8th. Is the correct way to refer to you at that time as "she" no matter what you identified as at that time?

Is this a stupid or offensive question? If so I withdraw it.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

My stepfather outed me to one of his friends. His friend said some not nice things. Stepfather really wishes I wouldn't call his friend a bigot, but now I see both of them as bigots, and while I will never see his friend again, my stepfather continues to dig a pretty deep hole. Among his greatest hits include "God doesn't make mistakes," "Mom would have been royally ****ed off at you," and "b-tch without a c-nt." I learned instead of responding, just look at him and think "dig that hole, *******."
        That's horrible. He's obviously working it through (or not) and confronting what I'm sure are all sorts of f-cked up assumptions (which, when combined with superstition, can be murderous). But to do it out loud, to you, a family member, and a younger family member, is intolerable. Maybe he'll come around but that's all on him. It's no different from racism, sexism, etc. Bigotry that would be funny if it wasn't so mean.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I wasn't being clear. Let's say I'm talking, today, about you when you were pre-female-identifying, whether that's 18 or 8 or 1/8th. Is the correct way to refer to you at that time as "she" no matter what you identified as at that time?

Is this a stupid or offensive question? If so I withdraw it.
          "Before she came out."
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

"Before she came out."
            Got it. Thank you for your patience.
            Cornell University

Comment

That's horrible. He's obviously working it through (or not) and confronting what I'm sure are all sorts of f-cked up assumptions (which, when combined with superstition, can be murderous). But to do it out loud, to you, a family member, and a younger family member, is intolerable. Maybe he'll come around but that's all on him. It's no different from racism, sexism, etc. Bigotry that would be funny if it wasn't so mean.
              And right now, I'm financially strapped, so I can't afford to leave. I start a new job soon and that will help, and along with hoping to find a roommate and delaying a few things, like a breast augmentation... that should get me out of here in a few months. Until then, everyone has advised me to stay strong and don't give him the argument/response he so desperately craves. Just look at him and think "dig that hole."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Someone outed Foxton? Good lord...
                It was much nastier than just outing her. Her personality rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but that's no excuse for making nasty comments about the hormones flowing, various surgeries, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  It was much nastier than just outing her. Her personality rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but that's no excuse for making nasty comments about the hormones flowing, various surgeries, etc.
                  This explains so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Yeesh. Foxton was nutso but there are lines you dont cross.

People who are so small as to take real life stuff and throw it in the face of people on here are beyond pathetic. It happened to me on a much lesser level as well. If you know people IRL and they bring it here it is bad.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Yeesh. Foxton was nutso but there are lines you dont cross.

People who are so small as to take real life stuff and throw it in the face of people on here are beyond pathetic. It happened to me on a much lesser level as well. If you know people IRL and they bring it here it is bad.
                      Are you referring to the time I outed you as a Furry? I said I was sorry, man!

Comment

Originally posted by deutsche gopher fan View Post
                        are you referring to the time i outed you as a furry? I said i was sorry, man!

ROPORTED!

..............if you can read this...................

Comment

Omg
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Are you referring to the time I outed you as a Furry? I said I was sorry, man!

... so much clarity now ...

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I registered for this board ... last century.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                I registered for this board ... last century.
                                And early on, your big thing was the Sioux logo.

Comment

Working...
                                X