X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New WCHA is dead

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    The WCHA commissioner said in the article he was optimistic that both Alaska teams would play this coming season.
    Can't continue each and every year not knowing if UAA and UAF will be in the fold...sadly its time to move on...figure out what direction the Conference needs to do this year and next...make a plan. Nobody likes what's happening...but its happening no matter what...this year or next.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
      Can't continue each and every year not knowing if UAA and UAF will be in the fold...sadly its time to move on...figure out what direction the Conference needs to do this year and next...make a plan. Nobody likes what's happening...but its happening no matter what...this year or next.
      I've got it! NGSC! Not a Good Samaritan Conference.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        I've got it! NGSC! Not a Good Samaritan Conference.

GFM
        Are we a little bitter? (I totally understand.)

What are the odds of the new stadium being funded soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_Husky View Post
          Are we a little bitter? (I totally understand.)

What are the odds of the new stadium being funded soon?
          I'm more thinking about the Alaska schools. I don't see anything about this entire multi-use (student housing, retail, plus the multi-sport facility) area getting approved anytime in the next 2-3 years. "Master plan" means five years. They're likely waiting on a developer to help out.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            There are a few people who are happy with what's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              So let me get this right. The bottom line is that the Gov wants to continue to give residents a significant check from the permanent fund. In order to do that he has to cut the University budget and layoff thousands, and that's what he is doing. He could reduce the amount and residents would still get 900 each but he'd rather cut the university.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                So let me get this right. The bottom line is that the Gov wants to continue to give residents a significant check from the permanent fund. In order to do that he has to cut the University budget and layoff thousands, and that's what he is doing. He could reduce the amount and residents would still get 900 each but he'd rather cut the university.
                We don't need no thought control.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

I cannot believe that it has been 11 years since I took my UAA Seawolves flag to Iraq and posted it for UAA. I even had my guys flash "#1" signs even though they never heard of a "UAA." Dr. Steve Cobb (then UAA Athletic Director) even posted it on the Jumbo Tron during at UAA hockey game, which got a standing ovation. You can see the pic of me and the guys if you google, "UAA Seawolves in Iraq" or something like that.

Other things I have done:

-Served as a UAA Alumni Board of Directors.
                  -University of Alaska Anchorage Naming committee
                  -Developed new UAA License Plates that are still on the street
                  -Helped pursuade a study to start a UAA Law School in 2004
                  -Helped create a UAA AFROTC DET 001 that started in 2000.
                  -Worked to pursuade building UAA Alaska Airlines Center, 5,600 arena for eventual Division I Athletics (at the time)
                  -Help change diploma from 7X10 to 81/2X11
                  Last edited by Wolfman; 07-18-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                    I cannot believe that it has been 11 years since I took my UAA Seawolves flag to Iraq and posted it for UAA. I even had my guys flash "#1" signs even though they never heard of a "UAA." Dr. Steve Cobb (then UAA Athletic Director) even posted it on the Jumbo Tron during at UAA hockey game, which got a standing ovation. You can see the pic of me and the guys if you google, "UAA Seawolves in Iraq" or something like that.

Other things I have done:

-Served as a UAA Alumni Board of Directors.
                    -University of Alaska Anchorage Naming committee
                    -Developed new UAA License Plates that are still on the street
                    -Helped pursuade a study to start a UAA Law School in 2004
                    -Helped create a UAA AFROTC DET 001 that started in 2000.
                    -Worked to pursuade building UAA Alaska Airlines Center, 5,600 arena for eventual Division I Athletics (at the time)
                    -Help change diploma from 7X10 to 81/2X11
                    https://i1.wp.com/greenandgold.uaa.a...g-in-Iraq1.jpg

Comment

That's it! Thank you!!!

I was very proud...

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        $900 is one figure. Some say it could go as high as $1500. But yes, he'd rather decimate the university instead.

The folks in Alaska might have a better idea if the $1.2 billion he plans to give the oil companies is a normal thing or if he's just being their sugar daddy.

Comment

That's it! Thank you!!!

I was very proud...
                          Proud of you.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                            Proud of you.

GFM
                            Thank you Sir! That is very kind of you!

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              Mostly congregated in NW Ohio and southern Minnesota. Let’s face some facts, BG only wants to look east and MSUM would be the little
                              spoon tonight if the NCHC would just respond to that tinder message.

If I was any one of the other five, I’d grow eyes in the back of my head.
                              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Thank you Sir! That is very kind of you!
                                I'm the son of a career USAF officer, the nephew of a career USAR/ANG NCO, and the brother-in-law of a career USN officer and current USNA instructor. Both grandfathers were in WWII. I work with military women and men turned into colleagues and astronaut teammates on an everyday basis. The sacrifice in risk increase, time from home, and low pay don't go unnoticed.

But you don't have to have my background to have respect and pride in women and men in the armed forces. All you have to know is that folks increase their risk profile by taking on this work. The training is tough. The hours are hard. You can dislike the business that they're in and the people that send them into harm's way (or do extended deployments for peacetime shows of force), but you really should respect the people as a group. [But it's America and feel free to disagree.]

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X