X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New WCHA is dead

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Yes Tech fans have been since the NCHC formed...we know this well.
    The good old "I know you are but what am I?" defence.

Well played, if we were in 2nd grade.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      The good old "I know you are but what am I?" defence.

Well played, if we were in 2nd grade.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      Sure worked on you.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

One difference between the "new" WCHA and the NCHC:

WCHA: Well, we tried to make it work, it's not really working, AK schools are dying anyway (which sucks), UAH will get screwed again, but that's business.
        NCHC: What? B1G gets their own conference? F that, we're making our own conference! Naw, we ain't gonna try and make the WCHA/CCHA continue. We're out.
        SCSU: We don't even wanna be part of the NCHC. They didn't ask us, eff them. Wait, they're asking now? Ok, we're in.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          One difference between the "new" WCHA and the NCHC:

WCHA: Well, we tried to make it work, it's not really working, AK schools are dying anyway (which sucks), UAH will get screwed again, but that's business.
          NCHC: What? B1G gets their own conference? F that, we're making our own conference! Naw, we ain't gonna try and make the WCHA/CCHA continue. We're out.
          SCSU: We don't even wanna be part of the NCHC. They didn't ask us, eff them. Wait, they're asking now? Ok, we're in.
          And in every scenario...every school did or is doing what they thought was best for themselves.
          So your differences are nothing but semantics.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

And in every scenario...every school did or is doing what they thought was best for themselves.
            So your differences are nothing but semantics.
            The WCHA tried to make it work. The NCHC didn't even bother. They cut and ran. That's more than semantics.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The WCHA tried to make it work. The NCHC didn't even bother. They cut and ran. That's more than semantics.
              No it's not.
              The NCHC saw that as a voting block they were now outnumbered and when the rest decided to give the commish an extension without their knowledge...they decided they had enough.
              It's all about what it is best for the schools...loyalty be ****ed.
              Welcome to sports business.
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

No it's not.
                The NCHC saw that as a voting block they were now outnumbered and when the rest decided to give the commish an extension without their knowledge...they decided they had enough.
                It's all about what it is best for the schools...loyalty be ****ed.
                Welcome to sports business.
                Keep making excuses. With the money power of UND, SCSU, etc, the WCHA could have survived, for the most part (again, the AK schools were pretty doomed, due to other factors).

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  This can’t be good for their future

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...on-funding.amp
                  It's not good if the Governor gets his cuts. There is a big push to get the Legislature to overturn his veto. Not sure they have the votes to do it, but I hope they do. This governor is an idiot.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Keep making excuses. With the money power of UND, SCSU, etc, the WCHA could have survived, for the most part (again, the AK schools were pretty doomed, due to other factors).
                    Facts are not excuses.
                    Again...loyalty be ****ed.
                    This is not charity...it's business.
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Facts are not excuses.
                      Agreed, and the NCHC didn't even TRY to make it work, which it DID for a couple years in the WCHA. That's my beef. If the NCHC tried, and it didn't work? Ok, no harm no foul.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        It's not good if the Governor gets his cuts. There is a big push to get the Legislature to overturn his veto. Not sure they have the votes to do it, but I hope they do. This governor is an idiot.
                        Ya think?

Comment

Facts are not excuses.
                          Not looking for an argument, but not all NCAA sports are in the business category. Cross Country, Golf, Track, to name a few, are not big money makers for schools, if at all. Obviously, some sports carry other sports with their revenue, and I would think hockey falls into that category in some schools. I guess schools are willing to take a loss with Xcountry (as an example, not picking on the runners), but not with hockey. Certainly, Xcountry lost revenue could be in the thousands and hockey could be in the hundreds of thousands.
                          “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                          – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                          when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Agreed, and the NCHC didn't even TRY to make it work, which it DID for a couple years in the WCHA. That's my beef. If the NCHC tried, and it didn't work? Ok, no harm no foul.
                            We didn't want to try...especially after the contract extension of a guy the NCHC schools did not want.
                            Sue us.
                            The current WCHA didn't have much of a choice then...it was come together or die.
                            Again your argument is semantics.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              We didn't want to try...especially after the contract extension of a guy the NCHC schools did not want.
                              Sue us.
                              The current WCHA didn't have much of a choice then...it was come together or die.
                              Again your argument is semantics.
                              LOL. Stop speaking like your school was one of the founding six.
                              Your school officials were content to sit in the new WCHA, as so much as they released statements saying such. It wasnt until the clock hit bar close that your school got cold feet, looked around the bar, grabbed Western Michigan, said "you'll do," and decided to take WMU to the Motel 6 conference.
                              Last edited by aparch; 07-09-2019, 07:58 AM.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                LOL. Stop speaking like your school was one of the founding six.
                                Your school officials were content to sit in the new WCHA, as so much as they released statements saying such. It wasnt until the clock hit bar close that your school got cold feet, looked around the bar, grabbed Western Michigan, said "you'll do," and decided to take WMU to the Motel 6 conference.
                                And?
                                My entire argument has been the schools are doing what's best for them.
                                We are no different.
                                Had we not been invited...we'd have made it work. We were...we left.
                                Sure worked out for us.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X