Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utica College Pioneers 2014-2015: Bust. Let's try this again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Utica College Pioneers 2014-2015: Bust. Let's try this again!

roster is up for 2014/15...........looks like 13 or so frshmen...and a few sphs/jrs...Samuels Thomas will be interesting to watch

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      roster is up for 2014/15...........looks like 13 or so frshmen...and a few sphs/jrs...Samuels Thomas will be interesting to watch
      Breakdown is 16 newcomers, 13 returners, 29 total.

Trent's an impressive skater. Powerful, while still having a great skill set for this level. He'll be fun to watch. Kevin Valenti is another guy that's going to make a big splash. The trick is going to be finding centermen. Only one guy that took faceoffs with any degree of regularity (Hogan) is back. Adam Moody is a pure centermen, power forward from the BC.

I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Dalton Carter, too. Dalton spent last semester at Lowell and probably figured to be an in-and-out of the lineup guy there if he stayed. Great mobility. Kollin Schultz too.

Goaltender is the one to really keep an eye on. Taffe is gonna be in for a dogfight with Corey Simic and Dylan Wells. Wells was Jon Gillies's backup at Providence.
      Our bite is worse than our bark....
      Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by vcxc3200 View Post
        Breakdown is 16 newcomers, 13 returners, 29 total.

Trent's an impressive skater. Powerful, while still having a great skill set for this level. He'll be fun to watch. Kevin Valenti is another guy that's going to make a big splash. The trick is going to be finding centermen. Only one guy that took faceoffs with any degree of regularity (Hogan) is back. Adam Moody is a pure centermen, power forward from the BC.

I've heard nothing but wonderful things about Dalton Carter, too. Dalton spent last semester at Lowell and probably figured to be an in-and-out of the lineup guy there if he stayed. Great mobility. Kollin Schultz too.

Goaltender is the one to really keep an eye on. Taffe is gonna be in for a dogfight with Corey Simic and Dylan Wells. Wells was Jon Gillies's backup at Providence.
        what happened to Zezler, he was pretty solid??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          what happened to Zezler, he was pretty solid??
          Besides goalie Zelzer, looks like last year's frosh d'man Ryan Walker and center Zac Lazzaro are gone (not listed?) as well. Walker played in nearly every game last year.

Comment

For those Utica fans not making it to PA (Neumann).
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

The article mentions the Clinton Comets in the 1920s...I am sure they were still around in the 1960s. I remember hearing their games drifting in and out on the car radio while traveling from Watertown to Carthage when I was a kid.

edit: I was correct....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_Comets

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                The article mentions the Clinton Comets in the 1920s...I am sure they were still around in the 1960s. I remember hearing their games drifting in and out on the car radio while traveling from Watertown to Carthage when I was a kid.

edit: I was correct....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_Comets
                Good memory - BTW, I see your article mentions:
                Other Hockey Teams in the Mohawk Valley
                Utica Mohawks of the Eastern Hockey League (1978–80)
                Mohawk Valley Stars of the Atlantic Coast Hockey League (1981–84)
                Mohawk Valley Comets of the Atlantic Coast Hockey League (1985–87)
                Utica Devils of the American Hockey League (1987–93)
                Utica Bulldogs of the Colonial Hockey League (1993–94)
                Utica Blizzard of the Colonial Hockey League (1994–97)
                Mohawk Valley Prowlers of the United Hockey League (1998–2001)
                Mohawk Valley IceCats of the North Eastern Hockey League (2006–07)
                Utica Comets of the American Hockey League (2013–present)

Guess they only counted teams with road games
                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                  Besides goalie Zelzer, looks like last year's frosh d'man Ryan Walker and center Zac Lazzaro are gone (not listed?) as well. Walker played in nearly every game last year.
                  Time for me to get back into checking this daily..... Ok, here is what I understand.

Walker did not return due to some chronic medical issues.

Zelzer left for a reason not clear to me as of this time and is now at Salem State.

And unfortunately, Zac's father passed away from injuries resulting from a car accident. Sad stuff. Going to miss the kid.

Of the four Kenai River players to enter Utica as freshmen last season, one remains. Mik Bushinski.
                  Our bite is worse than our bark....
                  Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by vcxc3200 View Post
                    Time for me to get back into checking this daily..... Ok, here is what I understand.

Walker did not return due to some chronic medical issues.

Zelzer left for a reason not clear to me as of this time and is now at Salem State.

And unfortunately, Zac's father passed away from injuries resulting from a car accident. Sad stuff. Going to miss the kid.

Of the four Kenai River players to enter Utica as freshmen last season, one remains. Mik Bushinski.
                    Thanks for the info Ray, it's good to know why the guys you plan to see for 4 years don't return. Sorry to hear about Zac's dad.

Comment

Thanks for the info Ray, it's good to know why the guys you plan to see for 4 years don't return. Sorry to hear about Zac's dad.
                      Zelzer going to Salem State? He must have really been unhappy!
                      Would have been great to have both Olivieri and Zelzer this year,

Comment

+1
                        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                          Good memory - BTW, I see your article mentions:
                          Other Hockey Teams in the Mohawk Valley
                          Utica Mohawks of the Eastern Hockey League (1978–80)
                          Mohawk Valley Stars of the Atlantic Coast Hockey League (1981–84)
                          Mohawk Valley Comets of the Atlantic Coast Hockey League (1985–87)
                          Utica Devils of the American Hockey League (1987–93)
                          Utica Bulldogs of the Colonial Hockey League (1993–94)
                          Utica Blizzard of the Colonial Hockey League (1994–97)
                          Mohawk Valley Prowlers of the United Hockey League (1998–2001)
                          Mohawk Valley IceCats of the North Eastern Hockey League (2006–07)
                          Utica Comets of the American Hockey League (2013–present)

Guess they only counted teams with road games
                          Don't forget the Copper City Chiefs !!
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Not expecting much from Utica this year, but I'll go to every game just the same.

The roster appeared to be stacked last season, but that team never panned-out.

Hoping to see some promise from the Freshmen, and to see a promising goalie emerge from the pack. I'll be fine win a barely > .500 record, and some indication that '15/'16 will be a much better year.

Comment

Team looked pretty good overall tonight. In first period the rhythm was off but that was to be expected with so many new faces.
                              4 freshman scored which is a good sign. Thomas, Carter and Wold stood out. Looked like Hanth got KO'd--hope he's all right I believe he had concussion issues last year. Overall nice win with an improved Naz team coming to town for two next weekend.

Comment

Was pleasantly surprised by what I saw last night. The Freshmen as a group appear to have good hands and good wheels. Samuels-Thomas and Carter stood out. The D was solid 90% of the time. Taffe let in one soft goal, but looked sound on the whole. If CSC fares as well as it normally does this season, last night's win might look really good on UC's resume down the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X