This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Thanks for the numbers sezenack. Would just like to point out that the numbers might be more valuable if we knew a bit more about where the height and weight was concentrated. i, for one, would certainly remove all goaltenders from the calculations since they are not skating up and down the ice. i would also like to see the breakdown as to height and weight averages for defensemen versus forwards. i certainly feel that the bigger boys need to be on defense and can tolerate a smaller group up front than on the blue line. Obviously talent and speed are of supreme importance but I remain unconvinced that teams that have smaller than average players on defense compete at this level as well as those like Cornell who always seem to have skyscrapers in front of their goaltenders.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      We have had some rather speedy players over the years I have followed the team. I always felt Kelly Askew had the most speed but Drew Melanson was also very quick among those who played more recently. Would add Kraig Nienhuis near the top also going bcak a bit. George Servinis was very quick (and in one memorable game, perhaps a step too quick for some). There are a bunch of others i could list going back as far as 1963 but would like to see some others post some names.
      Johnathan Ornelas and Mark Jooris
      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good luck to Alex Rodriguez who was invited to the San Diego Gulls (Anaheim) Camp........ Rodriguez made his first professional appearance last season after concluding his fourth year of collegiate hockey. The Miami, Fla. native totaled 5-5=10 points in just 11 games upon joining the Norfolk Admirals last season and should look to build upon that success with a productive showing in training camp. https://www.sandiegogulls.com/news/d...uction-to-camp
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
          Johnathan Ornelas and Mark Jooris
          .....how about Johnny Rogic.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Did anyone attend the season ticket holder gathering tonight? I usually attend but was unable to this year. Was anything of any importance discussed?

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
              Did anyone attend the season ticket holder gathering tonight? I usually attend but was unable to this year. Was anything of any importance discussed?
              I was unable to attend but a few co-conspirators were in attendance. News of the night was Mathias Lange named as Dir of Hockey Operations. Overall spirit of team work and quiet confidence exuded from the players.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

In honor of Blake Orosz, today is 25 September 2019. There are 10 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    I was unable to attend but a few co-conspirators were in attendance. News of the night was Mathias Lange named as Dir of Hockey Operations. Overall spirit of team work and quiet confidence exuded from the players.
                    RPI Alum???? If it’s the same person he played in over 100 games got the team

Comment

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
                      RPI Alum???? If it’s the same person he played in over 100 games got the team
                      Yes, he is a former RPI goalie.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Yes, he is a former RPI goalie.
                        Will they add the Austrian flag now that he’s on the staff?

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                          Check out the new Red Army website http://redarmy.union.rpi.edu/
                          Red Army is the official student fan section for those of you who do not know, and as president, I am trying to publicize the club and the team more to increase student support and attendance. I hope the new website and blog will help do that. Check out our first post which is a recruiting preview for the season, and expect posts next week previewing the entire season and breaking down the team's out of conference schedule

Edit: change https to http
                          Sezenack - in future tinkering you might consider a link to RB's most excellent recruit page on here... just a thought as it is impressively comprehensive
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I see that Canisius is the pre-season pick of Atlantic Hockey coaches to finish last. They've gone from the top in Smith's last year to potentially the bottom 3 years later. Do we take that as a good sign in that it confirms the view that Smith over-achieved in a very non-competitive situation? Alternatively, is it a bad sign that we just hired the top assistant that was presumably deeply involved in recruiting this year's team?

Comment

Anyone have any idea or intel on who the captains are?

Comment

In honor of Tristan Ashbrook, today is 26 September 2019. There are 9 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X