Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Yes, I realize 4 undefeated teams from P5 knocks Bama out. I agree with that. But I was talking about a different scenario. If you don't care then why bother responding?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      More than normal, but less than the SEC loving pundits think.

Michigan is WAY ahead of the past two coaches, and given how Carr finished his career, you can make a strong argument that he's better than that, too. Although most wanted to see Carr retire long before he did.

It would be nice to run into the coach again, I have some questions for him- not mean ones, nor specific play or other directed criticisms. Just some questions on how some of the things coaches are saying apply to themselves.
      Interesting, thanks.
      Always curious to get the perspective of a rational fan; I imagine blue fans are getting sick of being behind OSU's success over the past several years.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Yes, I realize 4 undefeated teams from P5 knocks Bama out. I agree with that. But I was talking about a different scenario. If you don't care then why bother responding?
        I didn't quote you in the comment of mine that you quoted, yet you were sure I misunderstood your point. And if you're talking about a different scenario from the only post of yours that seems to relevant have at it explaining it:

I mean LSU had to put the game away late in the 4th. Bama came back from 20 down to make it a game. They didn't lose to the little sisters of the poor. My only point here is right now I don't think the other contenders for that final spot have proven to be clearly better than Alabama. I just don't think it's an automatic that Bama is out of this.
        To be clear my argument has nothing to do with Minnesota as I expect OSU to win out. What other contenders are there that are not undefeated being considered to replace Alabama at #4?
        Last edited by Slap Shot; 11-11-2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Screw the playoff! Let's just go back to the good old days of bowl games.

All games January 1!

Fiesta Bowl - 1:30 NBC
          Ohio State/Wisconsin/Pedo State (any B1G team except Minnesota) vs Big XII #2

Gator Bowl - 1:30 ABC
          Alabama vs ACC #2

Rose Bowl - 4:30 NBC
          Ohio State/Minnesota vs Oregon

Cotton Bowl - 4:30 CBS
          Texas/A&M/TCU/West Canaan High vs ACC #3

Orange Bowl - 8:00 NBC
          Clemson vs Big XII Champion

Sugar Bowl - 8:30 ABC
          LSU vs Notre Dame

Comment

So there's still a nice, 4 undefeated team scenario out there.

The obvious- LSU, Clemson, OSU/MN, and then the kicker- Baylor.

Think about this- Baylor and MN win out- right now, one is 7 the other is 12. If they win out, will BOTH of them pass Alabama? I'm going to ignore Oregon at the moment. But if two "lower" P5 teams go undefeated, will their perception allow Bama to get in? So we will have TWO undefeated Power 5 conference champs vs. the team who could not even win it's division. Fun discussion for that one.

Comment

Yes. 100% yes.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                So there's still a nice, 4 undefeated team scenario out there.

The obvious- LSU, Clemson, OSU/MN, and then the kicker- Baylor.

Think about this- Baylor and MN win out- right now, one is 7 the other is 12. If they win out, will BOTH of them pass Alabama? I'm going to ignore Oregon at the moment. But if two "lower" P5 teams go undefeated, will their perception allow Bama to get in? So we will have TWO undefeated Power 5 conference champs vs. the team who could not even win it's division. Fun discussion for that one.
                MN would have a strong enough set of wins all at the end of the year to pass Alabama.

Other than Oklahoma, im not sure what Baylor has.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

The flow diagram starts with:

1. Are you undefeated?
                  2. If yes, are you a power 5 conference?
                  3. If yes, are there more than four undefeated power 5 teams?
                  4. If no, you’re in
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    MN would have a strong enough set of wins all at the end of the year to pass Alabama.

Other than Oklahoma, im not sure what Baylor has.
                    I tend to agree. I have a lot of Minnesota sports fans as friends who also double as conspiracy theorists and are already convinced that if Minnesota were to win out they still wouldn't get in. The only way that might happen would be if the rest of the B1G went to s h ! t these next couple of weeks. PSU loses to Indiana, OSU drops a game and then loses to Michigan, etc... If that were to happen and Minnesota were to run the table, I could see a one loss Alabama getting in ahead of them.

But I just don't see that happening. I also don't see Minnesota running the table, but it's been fun to watch.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

1. Are you undefeated?
                      4. If no, you’re in
                      That's what it should be, but WRT Baylor, if Bama has a dominating finish to the season, including a real beating of Auburn- will those rules really be followed? Especially when BU had to do to double OT to beat TCU this past weekend.

The discussion quickly becomes a "best 4" vs. "who earned it" in a very strong way.

Regardless of what happens in the B1G, I do very much hope, now, that Baylor wins out. Will make the championship discussion more fun.

Comment

You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist. This is college football. It's already corrupt as hell. That said, there won't be a bunch of undefeated teams. If Alabama runs the table the Tide are in because they play in the vaunted SEC which is the toughest conference known to humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          That's what it should be, but WRT Baylor, if Bama has a dominating finish to the season, including a real beating of Auburn- will those rules really be followed? Especially when BU had to do to double OT to beat TCU this past weekend.

The discussion quickly becomes a "best 4" vs. "who earned it" in a very strong way.

Regardless of what happens in the B1G, I do very much hope, now, that Baylor wins out. Will make the championship discussion more fun.
                          Alabama's 2019 schedule is mediocre and could easily end up being straight trash. Their power 5 team this year is 4-5 Duke. They have #11 7-2 Auburn. Auburn also plays Georgia. That means Auburn could finish 8-4 and barely ranked. They won't play #5 Georgia or #11 Florida in the SEC Championship game. Their next best win is A&M who is 6-3 but has Georgia and LSU to finish. Is 7-5 that much better? The committee will have to squeal about the eye test or being talented to twist in Alabama in this scenario.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Alabama's 2019 schedule is mediocre and could easily end up being straight trash. Their power 5 team this year is 4-5 Duke. They have #11 7-2 Auburn. Auburn also plays Georgia. That means Auburn could finish 8-4 and barely ranked. They won't play #5 Georgia or #11 Florida in the SEC Championship game. Their next best win is A&M who is 6-3 but has Georgia and LSU to finish. Is 7-5 that much better? The committee will have to squeal about the eye test or being talented to twist in Alabama in this scenario.
                            Logically, you are 100% correct. But will the "SEC GREATNESS" overwhelm logic? They were #1 or 2 all season, and now they are still in the top 5. Baylor is just in the top 10 for the coaches poll, and we will see where they are WRT the playoffs tonight. Which means at some point- they have to pass Bama. This may be totally mute this weekend, but if we are lucky.... I don't see Baylor passing Bama until they reach 13-0, after the Big12 championship game. And I also see a HUGE argument that a really strong Bama finish to the season will compare to a Baylor 13-0.

This would be so fun if Baylor wins out. Two huge weekends coming up for them- OU and Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

1. Are you undefeated?
                              4. If no, you’re in
                              2b should be "Is it the Big12 with their BS championship game?"

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                2b should be "Is it the Big12 with their BS championship game?"
                                He said power 5 conference:

SEC
                                Pac-12
                                B1G
                                ACC
                                Notre Dame
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X