Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    So how did the most obvious game of THIS season not get scheduled? Princeton V Rutgers this weekend.

Heck, there should have been special consideration for a Wed game.

Waive all rules that prevent the match up for this one special game.
    OK but I would request they play with the original rules from the 1856 game and just confuse the **** out of everyone.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

This is why most of the country are Gopher fans today between noon and 3:30 or so.

I know I am.

M I N N E S O T A, Minnesota, Minnesota,.. whatever the rest of it is....
      Been following them for awhile now since I found out it's been almost 60 years since they've been to the Rose Bowl.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

This is why most of the country are Gopher fans today between noon and 3:30 or so.

I know I am.

M I N N E S O T A, Minnesota, Minnesota,.. whatever the rest of it is....
        Hopefully you'll get a spelling lesson today at Yost.

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        I have never cheered harder for a meteorite than I will this afternoon.
        Two actually. One in iowa city would be welcome, too.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
          been almost 60 years since they've been to the Rose Bowl.
          Cal, but colder.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Dunno if the non-midwesterners know, but PSU LOST THEIR SH* after this. Basically saying this was akin to peeing on their mom's grave, etc. Totally over-reacted. Oh, by the way, PSU fans, your coach raped kids, and other coaches covered it up/underreported. Yeah, MN is the bad guy here.
            I'd be ****ed too.
            And yes...for that you guys are wrong. What their now former coaches did has no bearing on that.
            IMO you're still wrong for continuing to paint all of Penn State as pedophiles...whether they still worship Paterno or not.
            Continuing to use Pedo State is wrong IMO and I will always believe that.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              I'd be ****ed too.
              And yes...for that you guys are wrong. What their now former coaches did has no bearing on that.
              IMO you're still wrong for continuing to paint all of Penn State as pedophiles...whether they still worship Paterno or not.
              Continuing to use Pedo State is wrong IMO and I will always believe that.
              When they get around to stop denying that Paterno knew and should have done something, you would have a point. But they continue to pretty much deny what happened. And blame all of their problems on the one adult who actually turned in Sandusky.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                When they get around to stop denying that Paterno knew and should have done something, you would have a point. But they continue to pretty much deny what happened. And blame all of their problems on the one adult who actually turned in Sandusky.
                I have never heard one Penn State fan deny what happened nor solely blame the person who turned Sandusky in. So I'm sorry...but im gonna need proof of that statement.
                Yes they try to absolve Paterno and in some ways I can understand that. Worship happens. And Paterno did tell his bosses...should he have done more? Yes. But he didn't do nothing.
                Paterno was part of a generation...much like my grandparents who couldn't fathom that Sandusky could do what he did especially having a personal relationship with him. It doesn't jive with who they know so they can't fathom that the person in question could do it.
                My blame is on Sandusky way more than the school or Paterno...but some don't seem to approach it that way.
                Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 11-09-2019, 11:26 AM.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I have never heard one Penn State fan deny what happened nor solely blame the person who turned Sandusky in. So I'm sorry...but im gonna need proof of that statement.
                  Yes they try to absolve Paterno and in some ways I can understand that. Worship happens. And Paterno did tell his bosses...should he have done more? Yes. But he didn't do nothing.
                  Paterno was part of a generation...much like my grandparents who couldn't fathom that Sandusky could do what he did especially having a personal relationship with him. It doesn't jive with who they know so they can't fathom that the person in question could do it.
                  My blame is on Sandusky way more than the school or Paterno...but some don't seem to approach it that way.
                  The parts in bold are ones I'm going to address.

He could have ****canned Sandusky when he was first told in 1976. This idea that they only found out that he was ****ing little boys in the locker room shower in 2002 is absolute nonsense.

https://www.si.com/college-football/...sex-abuse-1976

The school paid settlements going back as far as 1971. They chose to look the other way, all in the name of football wins.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...j1btr39pl2mzl7

JoePa knew. The school knew. Everyone at that institution that could have done something about it knew, and they knew a long time ago. They chose to do nothing about it.
                  Last edited by Hammer; 11-09-2019, 11:45 AM.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    He could have ****canned Sandusky when he was first told in 1976. This idea that they only found out that he was ****ing little boys in the locker room shower in 2002 is absolute nonsense.

The school paid settlements going back as far as 1971. They chose to look the other way, all in the name of football wins.

JoePa knew. The school knew. Everyone at that institution that could have done something about it knew, and they knew a long time ago. They chose to do nothing about it.
                    This.

Comment

And I'm not denying that. Nor am I denying that Paterno should have done more. But to say he's the evil one here? No....that's Sandusky. Again...its easy to look at this from our perspective and time and claim Paterno is/was evil but IMO you need to also look at it from the perspective of the generation he came from. This type of stuff wasn't talked about and didn't happen with people who were in society. So to that generation (and again...this is my perspective based on conversations within my family) someone like Sandusky couldn't have done something like that. It's willful blindness based on knowing and working closely with someone for as long as they did.

My other problem again is...every one who was involved is long gone from the school. Does every future student or employee get branded with this just because they choose to go/work there? That's where it gets ridiculous.
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

When you see the school demand that they get all of those wins back, for the sake of Paterno worship, then they are firmly in denial of what happened. Very, very, very firmly in denial.

I do not have any empathy for people who can't find blame in the system because of being a different generation. To me, that's an excuse to let horrible, horrible things happen. Children were RAPED. There's no way at all it can be overlooked or excused or "can't fathomed" away. Paterno knew and didn't do anything near what he should have- he should have called the police and turned in his assistant coach. But apparently winning is more important to him, and those wins are more important to Pedo State fans.

Had the school acted immediately, and Sandusky ended up in prison back in the 70s, you would have a point. They did not. And failed to do so for 30 more years of kids being raped by a coach for Pedo State. Ignorance for wins.

So we can just have to agree to disagree.

Comment

And I'm not denying that. Nor am I denying that Paterno should have done more. But to say he's the evil one here? No....that's Sandusky. Again...its easy to look at this from our perspective and time and claim Paterno is/was evil but IMO you need to also look at it from the perspective of the generation he came from. This type of stuff wasn't talked about and didn't happen with people who were in society. So to that generation (and again...this is my perspective based on conversations within my family) someone like Sandusky couldn't have done something like that. It's willful blindness based on knowing and working closely with someone for as long as they did.

My other problem again is...every one who was involved is long gone from the school. Does every future student or employee get branded with this just because they choose to go/work there? That's where it gets ridiculous.
                          Dude- the school and all of the fans were and are enablers. Wins were more important than the kids. That's why everyone continues to be blamed.

Comment

However...the university paid settlements in 1976 from what Sandusky was doing. They knew. They knew a long time ago. They did nothing.

You bet your sweet *** Joe Pa knew, if the university was paying settlements. Hell, he knew if the 5th string punter was almost late for class on Wednesday morning. He sure as hell knew what his DC was doing. He didn't just find out in 2002. That simply doesn't wash. He did nothing.

Either one of them (the higher-ups as well as Paterno) could have stepped in at any time over the two decades-plus that they knew and put an end to this. They did not. They knew they had a monster in their athletic department. They chose to look the other way, so that he conjure up a gameplan in order to shut down Syracuse, West Virginia and Pitt before they could get into the Big 10.

The administrations and Paterno were aware for over two decades and allowed it to continue. They're just as culpable here. "He told somebody" doesn't get it done for Joe Pa. You think anyone in the state of Pennsylvania is going to stand up to Paterno if he comes out and says "this guy's fired, effective immediately"? Not a chance.
                            Last edited by Hammer; 11-09-2019, 11:59 AM.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Dude- the school and all of the fans were and are enablers. Wins were more important than the kids. That's why everyone continues to be blamed.
                              The people directly involved yes...not the fans nor the school as a whole. Fans clamoring for wins to be restored because of hero worship is not enabling rape. Again...i don't know one PSU person who denies what Sandusky did. That would be enabling rape.
                              But if every fan...student...supporter...teacher...whoever will forever be guilty to you regardless of when they even began their association with the school...then yeah we'll agree to disagree.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

However...the university paid settlements in 1976 from what Sandusky was doing. They knew. They knew a long time ago. They did nothing.

You bet your sweet *** Joe Pa knew, if the university was paying settlements. Hell, he knew if the 5th string punter was almost late for class on Wednesday morning. He sure as hell knew what his DC was doing. He didn't just find out in 2002. That simply doesn't wash. He did nothing.

Either one of them (the higher-ups as well as Paterno) could have stepped in at any time over the two decades-plus that they knew and put an end to this. They did not. They knew they had a monster in their athletic department. They chose to look the other way, so that he conjure up a gameplan in order to shut down Syracuse, West Virginia and Pitt before they could get into the Big 10.

The administrations and Paterno were aware for over two decades and allowed it to continue. They're just as culpable here. "He told somebody" doesn't get it done for Joe Pa. You think anyone in the state of Pennsylvania is going to stand up to Paterno if he comes out and says "this guy's fired, effective immediately"? Not a chance.
                                "Knowing" because he was told and "believing" him to be capable of it are not the same IMO. Again...i AM NOT absorbing Paterno. He should have done more. I just do not put him on the same level of evil as the man who actually raped kids. And I do not see the point of trying to bring down the school as a whole continually because they worship a coach.
                                That's petty...be better than that.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X