Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2019/2020 Season Thread

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    It isn't anywhere near, and has no connection to, the university. It's a rec football and soccer field, and also where Augsburg University plays their baseball games. In other words, it's a terrible place to be having these games. Then again, the whole idea of playing these games outdoors in Minnesota in January is really stupid.

Edit: The live stats haven't updated since the end of the first period.
    I'm guessing the dressing rooms etc., are something less than usual, as well.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm still trying to measure the red-shifting to tell how far in the past this is, but I now see Minnesota ahead 2-1 2:52 into the second period.
      Last edited by Still Eeyore; 01-18-2020, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Still 2-1 at the end of the second period. Shots were 10 apiece, 19-16 OSU for the game. I think that's maybe close to up to date?

Comment

Night and day difference between tonight's 2nd period and last night. Gophers lead it 2-1 after 2 periods.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
            Still 2-1 at the end of the second period. Shots were 10 apiece, 19-16 OSU for the game. I think that's maybe close to up to date?
            BTN had it 22-21 (I think) at the end of two.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              Night and day difference between tonight's 2nd period and last night. Gophers lead it 2-1 after 2 periods.
              Watching on tv. Fantastic production. Thought the first was even but Minnesota got the better chances and carried majority of the play in the second, especially the first ten minutes.

Amy Potomak is sure fun to watch. Just doesn’t seem to quit when it comes to efforts to create offense.

I think OSU looks really good too. Braendli seems a little over active when she plays the puck. Felt like on the second period goal she so wanted to get a blocker on the initial shot that she slid right out of the net and gave herself no chance to play a weird rebound, and the Minnesota player out hustled the OSU players on the rush for the rebound.

Would have liked to see Maltais play on her off wing on that power play. So few power plays (they really don’t call penalties in the WCHa!) but I hope we get to see at least one more OSU power play...

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                Amy Potomak is sure fun to watch. Just doesn’t seem to quit when it comes to efforts to create offense.
                She has a habit of making things a lot more complicated than they need to be, like trying a between the legs shot on a breakaway last night. She'd be well served to simplify things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                  She has a habit of making things a lot more complicated than they need to be, like trying a between the legs shot on a breakaway last night. She'd be well served to simplify things.
                  Ehh, when you’ve got a history of scoring that goal against a Wisconsin... you’re entitled to try again.

You may be right, I’m just dropping in and you’d know better than me, but I’m sure enjoying it.

Comment

Minnesota would have liked to see the game called this way last night...

Proud of how Minnesota responded today. final 2-1 Minnesota.
                    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 01-18-2020, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                      Minnesota would have liked to see the game called this way last night...

Proud of how Minnesota responded today. final 2-1 Minnesota.
                      They hung in there, but at the end they made it a lot more difficult than it should have been.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        They hung in there, but at the end they made it a lot more difficult than it should have been.
                        Their penalty kill got a work out for sure, but I really thought Minnesota's defensemen played positionally sound on those kills.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          Their penalty kill got a work out for sure, but I really thought Minnesota's defensemen played positionally sound on those kills.
                          An impressive bounce back by the Gophers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
                            Watching on tv. Fantastic production.
                            I thought so too. Puzzled by some of the angst from the Gopher faithful.

OK, it wasn't perfect. The wide open, full rink overviews didn't work well during live action. But the camera angles were good for a temporary set-up. The time slot was almost Rose Bowl-ish, starting in daylight, proceeding through sunset & finishing under the lights. All with the appealing Minneapolis skyline as a backdrop. Also enjoyed the Doug Woog retrospectives during the intermissions.

I'm genuinely sorry for those who had their stats feed or other info source interrupted. But the FSN North broadcast experienced no such issues.

BTW, I also wasn't aware that Sports Time Ohio picked up the feed. But as far as I know, the only things that differ in that situation are the ads. Since I made a recording, I was able to fast forward past the ads anyhow.

Comment

OK, someone please explain what happened in the game with 5:41 remaining in the 3rd period. I was at the game, had moved to the north, Dunwoody end of the rink because that's where the Gophers would be shooting at the OSU goal. Woken had a penalty called on her at 5:41. I've rewatched the FloHockey/FSN broadcast, and there's a break in the broadcast for a commercial time out on FSN, which doesn't show up on FloHockey. When the game resumed, the goalies had switched ends! I thought I'd gone through some kind of time warp at the rink, all of a sudden I had Scobee's net on my end.
                              Can anyone explain why the goalies switched ends 3/4 of the way through the period? Never seen it happen before.
                              Last edited by drewkal; 01-19-2020, 11:33 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Originally posted by drewkal View Post
                                OK, someone please explain what happened in the game with 5:41 remaining in the 3rd period. I was at the game, had moved to the north, Dunwoody end of the rink because that's where the Gophers would be shooting at the OSU goal. Woken had a penalty called on her at 5:41. I've rewatched the FloHockey/FSN broadcast, and there's a break in the broadcast for a commercial time out on FSN, which doesn't show up on FloHockey. When the game resumed, the goalies had switched ends! I thought I'd gone through some kind of time warp at the rink, all of a sudden I had Scobee's net on my end.
                                Can anyone explain why the goalies switched ends 3/4 of the way through the period? Never seen it happen before.
                                Watching the BTN stream 'live', I certainly noticed, and also thought I was crazy. There was a guy in a "Frieberger" OSU jersey right up at the near-to-camera glass who had also changed ends right along with the play, which added to the 'effect'. I even looked at the signage on the boards to see if it was backwards, thinking maybe the BTN picture has somehow inverted.

No idea at all why. I would have thought someone at the game in person might have a better idea. Maybe in the unfamiliar surroundings, everybody collectively 'went the wrong way' out of the break.
                                Last edited by robertearle; 01-20-2020, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X