Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    Kiss of Death )
    Morte Tecum
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

One more week before we can watch some hockey )

Meanwhile it was a great football weather. Great food and tailgate, close game but we all knew in the end Wake was going to win with this horrible coach.
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

......but we all knew in the end Wake was going to win with this horrible coach.
        In his Brown debut, the Junior from Andover MA accounted for 5 touchdowns including a school record 94 yard run, and accounted for 410 total yards...he was the Ivy League Offensive Player of the week, and the FCS National Offensive Player of the week. Wow, too bad BC couldn't find a QB like that....
        Last edited by RENCEB; 09-30-2019, 07:25 AM.
        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

The coach that can't shoot straight, how hard is to call a time out, Pete Carroll without hair.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
            In his Brown debut, the Junior from Andover MA accounted for 5 touchdowns including a school record 94 yard run, and accounted for 410 total yards...he was the Ivy League Offensive Player of the week, and the FCS National Offensive Player of the week. Wow, too bad BC couldn't find a QB like that....
            Against Bryant. This past week he did squat in a 42-7 beatdown from Harvard.

I'm sure if we kept him around he would light it up vs Clemson.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I have two center ice seats for BC at PC available to a BC fan. We're leaving for Germany that evening. PM me.
              Originally posted by mookie1995
              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Against Bryant. This past week he did squat in a 42-7 beatdown from Harvard.

I'm sure if we kept him around he would light it up vs Clemson.
                Still believe he is better than your current QB......
                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Exhibition games usually don't bring in much of a crowd but what is the reason for a 2PM start Saturday while the football team game is still on at Louisville? Even less will show up than usual. The women's hockey team is away at Syracuse so that does not interfere either. Either they need to cover the ice for an event on Sunday and want it done early as a night game still could get it done in plenty of time or most likely New Brunswick needs to get out of town right away and up to Maine to stay overnight there for a 4PM game Sunday.

Comment

No surprise BC loses at Louisville with this horrible coach 🏈

Hockey is a work in progress and only an exhibition game

But good to see new faces and new blood

Boldy looked good and they generated offense

Passing needs improvement 🦅
                    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

No surprise BC loses at Louisville with this horrible coach
                      Never won more that 7 games in any of his 6 previous season so they decide to extend his contract for 2 years. They'll be lucky to win 5 this year.
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

At this point they might be lucky to even win one more game this year.

Comment

Wild fan coming in peace. Is there any way to catch the Boldy and McBain highlights? Did Boldy play center?

Comment

I don't know if you'll find highlights for this one but Boldy had a shift that was eerily similar to his draft reel, dangled on a few players, curled back around and dangled between the legs of one UNB player a second time. He looked great. McBain is just a huge dude with huge upside (as with all players that size). Also, see below regarding Marshall Warren. He had a "holy-chit-he's-good" kind of game on Saturday. Could be a huge steal for the Wild in this draft.

A few comments/impressions:
                            - Some caveats, BC looked great last year in the exhibition and turned out to be a terrible team. I thought UNB looked great and made life difficult for BC, really sound fundamentals defensively from these guys, good sticks in passing lanes, etc. They impressed me so I take the win as a positive. It was a dismal first period only salvaged by two late goals. Second period BC looked fantastic and really started picking it up. Third period was just meh.
                            - Bad stuff out of the way first, the players that stunk previously still stink and overall the team took way too many penalties, particularly in the first which they spent most of that frame killing penalties and struggling to get any flow to the game.
                            - The freshmen all looked good. Marshall Warren was tremendous - tough to put into perspective how good he looked, I haven't seen a BC Dman look this good on both ends since we had Dumoulin. He ended up cranked one off the pipe shorthanded in the second period coming down the wing on a one-on-one I believe. Helleson was also very, very good. These two guys can flip a sketchy defense into a formidable unit if the coaching staff has even the slightest idea of how to put the best lineup together. Knight, Newhook, and Boldy also looked great and I would not sleep on Hardman, who had a goal. Likewise on D, I would not sleep on Mitch Andres. Whatever he's listed at on the roster for height (6'1") has to be wrong, he's a monster (200+ lbs) and should be molded into THE defensive defenseman and the coaches should ask him to obliterate anyone that goes near Knight's crease.
                            - The pieces are here. Injuries and bad coaching are the two biggest concerns this year. If they are healthy, it comes down to putting the best lineup on the ice, which has been a problem for the better part of this decade. Defense particularly for this year's squad. Helleson and Warren absolutely have to play from Day 1 from what I'm seeing, they may be the two best Dmen on the team already. Finkelstein didn't really look great Sat. but you have to think he's locked in as well and Connor Moore also likely is locked in (although there is some debate on him). Mattila is locked in to a spot. So... it comes down to the 6th spot. #2 had another "not-great" game this weekend. I'm not sure if he can turn the corner and become serviceable for us. And you could probably say the same thing for #3 although I believe he had an assist Saturday. I think you seriously consider making them bench players or dress them as a 7th Dman on rotation and get Mitch Andres in there as the 6th guy and see what he can do. Important to consider, Andres adds a third left-handed option for the 6th spot (last LD pairing), #2 and #3 are both lefties.

It's still early but that's what I saw on Saturday.

ps - I'd like to dedicate my first post of the season in memory of SteveG.
                            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 10-07-2019, 10:26 AM.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Maine is god awful but noticed UNB beat them 5-0 yesterday. I know UNB is always one of the best college programs up there.

Given that they only really have Walker and Carreau as extra forwards I think they'll be dressing 7 dmen most nights. They should get more of an impact out of dressing 7 d then they would dressing either of those forwards.

Injuries will happen but if they run into spots where they are down 2-3 forwards at the same time, that will be a problem. Grando would have looked real good in Giles' spot or Greco's. Just that extra depth piece could have gone a long way.

Comment

Some players/things looked promising. But as stated below, they looked good in the exhibition game last year too. I remember everyone oohing and aahing over how Wahlstrom looked in the exhibition game and what a great shot he has! We all know how that turned out.

First period was blase. Second period they looked great. Third period was like the 8th inning of a Little League baseball game where the coach is getting in all the players who haven't played yet, so I think it was highly unrepresentative of both the team and how it will be deployed when the games count.

All of the freshmen looked promising. I just wish they had more than 3 freshman forwards. Granted two of them are 1st round draft picks, and Hardman looks like he has potential as well, but it would been good if they could have brought in say 5 freshman forwards and have some of the lower line guys switch uniforms for suits because depth up front is still going to be a problem.

As for #3, I got a lot of grief on this board for saying it last year, but I'll say it again, as long as his father is on the coaching staff, he's playing a regular shift, period. Like it or not, deserving or not.
                                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                                BC - 12
                                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X