X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    He will be missed on face offs... and in defensive end.

But old dogs like fisherman and Wally only look on the side of can I get a 100 point player.... they don’t understand there is no such now.
    I never said a word about Pearson so how did I get dragged into this He was the best forward Maine had last year and was a 2 way player. There are no 100 point scorers on any team let alone Maine. Paul Jimmy and Cal ain't walking thru that door.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
      It will be a bitter pill to swallow. The decision will come down to - keep red and lose his salary plus in lost revenue or swallow that pill and make a change hoping to bring the program back up along with revenue thus paying back the buyout. No brainer to me, but hey they have the purse strings.

Shouldnt they have a little dough in the coffer from Harasmiak breaking his contract.
      I agree it is what they should do. But Maine's administration has shown that they can't identify expenses that will generate a greater amount of revenue. Or that not incurring the expense will lead to a greater drop in revenue, which is really the same thing. All they can see is dollars going out. For that reason, I don't see them buying any coach out.
      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
        I agree it is what they should do. But Maine's administration has shown that they can't identify expenses that will generate a greater amount of revenue. Or that not incurring the expense will lead to a greater drop in revenue, which is really the same thing. All they can see is dollars going out. For that reason, I don't see them buying any coach out.
        Looks like both women’s and men’s hockey are bus trips only this season. Hmmmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
          Maine knew what they were getting when they renewed Red, and I don't see them throwing good money after bad to buy him out now. One thing he's been, is consistent.

It's probably a zero-sum game either way you slice it, though. We're looking at a re-build in any case. I'd like to see it commence ASAP, but it'll probably have to wait until the expiration of Red's contract.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 07-24-2019, 05:05 PM.

Comment

It isn’t interesting math. It is straight forward math you ****. **** screw
            Love you too, Blackie!

But I'll admit to (possibly) being overly pessimistic at times.

And, yeah, Chase was a good player, if not exactly the centerpiece of a contending team.

Still, had there had been 2 lines of talent such as his over the past few years, we'd all be singing a different tune right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Maine knew what they were getting when they renewed Red, and I don't see them throwing good money after bad to buy him out now. One thing he's been, is consistent.

It's probably a zero-sum game either way you slice it, though. We're looking at a re-build in any case. I'd like to see it commence ASAP, but it'll probably have to wait until the expiration of Red's contract.
              ASAP: won't be soon enough

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Love you too, Blackie!

And, yeah, Chase was a good player, if not exactly the centerpiece of a contending team.

Still, had there had been 2 lines of talent such as his over the past few years, we'd all be singing a different tune right now.
                I’m pretty sure that if we had a head coach with some vigor... we’d be singing a different tune. The season endings are the thing I point at.

I am not faulting the players. The coaching staff needs more fire in the belly.

Comment

Love you too, Blackie!

The second line really was one of the biggest problems last year. The first line could stack up with any other in the conference, and I was generally a big fan of the third line's play. They had their down moments,but if they weren't downright awful they were consistently solid or better, which was most of the time.

The fourth line, lets just not talk about them.

Comment

Love you too, Blackie!

Also, I don’t love you.

Comment

Also, I don’t love you.
                      I don't exactly feel any deep affection towards you, either, but I do admire your devotion.

You bleed Blue, and that works for me.

Comment

I don't exactly feel any deep affection towards you, either, but I do admire your devotion.

You bleed Blue, and that works for me.
                        Ok that works for me. But no more over-end pessimism.

The kids are working hard. But head coach needs gone. Not because he isn’t trying. He is outgunned.

Not much big money spent on road trips.

Be patient... dont take out on youngsters. 🤔

Comment

On a different note, has anyone heard on how their new season ticket drive has done..? I know I dropped 3 donation season tickets for just one regular season ticket seat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            On a different note, has anyone heard on how their new season ticket drive has done..? I know I dropped 3 donation season tickets for just one regular season ticket seat.
                            Looks like the whole section filled in after you left. Must have been too much asparagus and garlic.

Just kid.

Comment

Looks like the whole section filled in after you left. Must have been too much asparagus and garlic.

Just kid.
                              You think....I checked my old section and I see about 80% is still up for sale....

Comment

Off-topic, but does anyone else think that Eovaldi might be a good candidate as the Sox closer from here on out? He looked lights-out last night.

29 runs off Yankee "pitching" in 2 games was fun to watch, in any case. Especially here.

Comment

Working...
                                X