• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Happy Thanksgiving fellow Bobcat fans!

Go Q!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post

Go Q!
      Happy Thanksgiving Mark!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post

Go Q!
        Same to you Mark! This coming weekend will be instructive for the kids. They have to know they WILL get there, teams come together at a magical moment without notice and we know Rand knows how to pick and cull the team until they play team hockey....it is not if, it is when...I can wait whole season because I know he has a process that works and if we sacrifice a season to build a F4 appearance or even better, a win - I think we are all in for the long term.

Comment

I think I'm finally coming out of my food coma. Hopefully the boys are too.

I'm not sure what to expect tonight but I'll settle for a good, competitive effort with some consistency thrown in. Being the last weekend before the holiday break, these games can be huge for setting the tone for the 2nd half.

Go Q!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Hopefully the Ice is in good shape. Two women’s games this afternoon. The second starts at 4pm. Could be a bit choppy.

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
              Hopefully the Ice is in good shape. Two women’s games this afternoon. The second starts at 4pm. Could be a bit choppy.

Forgot about that but it explains the 7:30 start. Guaranteed to be a bit cold in there tonight.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              Northeast Regional:

Comment

Can't win if you can't score, and this team wouldn't hit water if it fell out of a boat right now. You can take it if they just got goaltended to death, but there weren't even a lot of chances created. Frankly, it was pretty boring to watch.

As for the officiating, that's not why they lost. It might be one of the worst calls in all of college hockey this year on the Fallstrom hit, but that's not why they lost.

One bright spot: KP is looking much better lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
                  Can't win if you can't score, and this team wouldn't hit water if it fell out of a boat right now. You can take it if they just got goaltended to death, but there weren't even a lot of chances created. Frankly, it was pretty boring to watch.

As for the officiating, that's not why they lost. It might be one of the worst calls in all of college hockey this year on the Fallstrom hit, but that's not why they lost.

One bright spot: KP is looking much better lately.
                  Mark, KP never was the problem this season- the young defense has been the problem aside from Karlis and Peter. Frankly, Peter has not been as effective as he was last year either but the is consistent with the offense, special teams....of course it is due to the loss of handful of very good hockey players.

I do not even think the teletubbies are as good this year! How's the food this year?!

Enjoy . . even if rand cannot say "its a rebuild year", that has to be what it is and I can live with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                    Mark, KP never was the problem this season- the young defense has been the problem aside from Karlis and Peter. Frankly, Peter has not been as effective as he was last year either but the is consistent with the offense, special teams....of course it is due to the loss of handful of very good hockey players.

I do not even think the teletubbies are as good this year! How's the food this year?!

Enjoy . . even if rand cannot say "its a rebuild year", that has to be what it is and I can live with this.
                    The team started well, but not being able to score definitely created some frustration which led to undisciplined play, and some really poor penalties. I’m a Huge OC fan, but I’d sit him tomorrow (if there’s enough F to play). Didn’t see the Fallstrum hit, hope he’s ok. THought there were a few questionable no calls as well.

Three good chances to score, the OC and Odeen breakaways and the chaos in front of the net on the PP at the end of the second. Perhaps if one goes in, we’ve got a different result. Another chance tomorrow.

Comment

At this point, it is what it is...

They played respectable for the most part but the lack of quality scoring chances and the inability to finish did them in. UMass stepped up the physical play as the game wore on and we took the bait... retaliation never works.

The hit on Fallstrom was pretty bad. While it was clearly a high hit, it was difficult to see if it was a direct head shot. He obviously got his bell rung and hopefully is ok.

I had a very nice UMass father standing next to me and he felt the teams were more even than the score indicated. His last words after the game were that he thought tonight's game would likely be very chippy.
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                        At this point, it is what it is...

They played respectable for the most part but the lack of quality scoring chances and the inability to finish did them in. UMass stepped up the physical play as the game wore on and we took the bait... retaliation never works.

The hit on Fallstrom was pretty bad. While it was clearly a high hit, it was difficult to see if it was a direct head shot. He obviously got his bell rung and hopefully is ok.

I had a very nice UMass father standing next to me and he felt the teams were more even than the score indicated. His last words after the game were that he thought tonight's game would likely be very chippy.
                        I feel the same about tonight’s game. Hopefully the team maintains some composure. There are 5 games, including tonight’s left against good/NCAA quality teams. UMass, Harvard, Cornell and Clarkson (2). An auto bid to the NCAAs is extremely unlikely. Maybe tonight the coaches mix more things up. D has been better, KP getting more consistent and actually playing very well. If they were putting up 3-4 goals a game, they’d be a top 5 team right now.

This is a better team than 2 years ago. Hopefully the offense and PP start to click soon. I definitely see some growth from the start until now. The team that lost last evening is much better than the team that swept AIC, in my opinion. Looking forward to the ride up to Amherst. I’m glad the storm is tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                          I feel the same about tonight’s game. Hopefully the team maintains some composure. There are 5 games, including tonight’s left against good/NCAA quality teams. UMass, Harvard, Cornell and Clarkson (2). An auto bid to the NCAAs is extremely unlikely. Maybe tonight the coaches mix more things up. D has been better, KP getting more consistent and actually playing very well. If they were putting up 3-4 goals a game, they’d be a top 5 team right now.

This is a better team than 2 years ago. Hopefully the offense and PP start to click soon. I definitely see some growth from the start until now. The team that lost last evening is much better than the team that swept AIC, in my opinion. Looking forward to the ride up to Amherst. I’m glad the storm is tomorrow
                          Best win of the season! Did not see it, listened on the radio while watching live stats...sounds like Nick Jermain played his angry, battler game which I think is when he is at his best. Rest of team had a big axe to grind from that "chippy" game last night. Fallstrom DNP, hope he is OK...sounded like he took quite the hit.

Also, OC not on the ice, did not notice, is he injured?

Great way to go into the break.

Comment

Nice, gutsy road win against #10. KP was stellar. Too bad he couldn't get the shutout because he deserved it. Still need a PP... maybe Santa will bring one.

A great way to head into the long layoff and 2nd half.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

I think OC sat due to discipline. Took a bad penalty last night. I would have sat him and I’m an OC fan.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                                Also, OC not on the ice, did not notice, is he injured?
                                I'm guessing he was benched based on last nights play.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X