Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Passing Better, energy better, Puck possessions better, PK looked good, but was helped by RPI’s PP being really bad(several offsides, missed passes, icings). Even though the offense didn’t score after the first, they still controlled most of the play.

KP looked focused and was tracking well. Made some really nice saves and bailed out the D on that 2-1. Guus out of lineup tonight. Hope not hurt or too badly if he is. Thought Winslow played his butt off tonight. I don’t think he hurt himself in the Coaches’ eyes with that performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thoughts and observations from Quinnipiac's weekend sweep of Union & RPI

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...ions-from.html
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
        Thoughts and observations from Quinnipiac's weekend sweep of Union & RPI

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/20...ions-from.html
        Anyone figure out the wave-off? Looked goal to me...but there must be an interference in there, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
          Anyone figure out the wave-off? Looked goal to me...but there must be an interference in there, yes?
          I've heard nothing. There was a stick jab to KP's leg but there was also a loose puck in the crease. Not sure what the ref called...
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

On the replay, it looked like the ref’s hand was going to his mouth to blow the whistle prior to the puck entering the net. However, with the face off going outside the zone, I’m thinking there was some sort of RPI violation/interference issue.

Comment

Kudos to KP for winning ECAC Goalie of the week honors. I'll admit I haven't exactly been a huge KP fan, but will also admit he probably gets most of the credit for the Union win, and a significant portion of it for the win over RPI. He made some big saves in both games, Breakaways and odd man rushes to keep the team up. Nice Job Keith!

Even with the weekend sweep, QU lost votes in the USCHO Poll, down over 20 points from last week. We're unable to make the trek to Ithica/Hamelton this weekend due to prior commitments. Hoping to catch the Cornell game on ESPN+ at least on Friday. How sweet would a couple wins up there be this weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                Kudos to KP for winning ECAC Goalie of the week honors. I'll admit I haven't exactly been a huge KP fan, but will also admit he probably gets most of the credit for the Union win, and a significant portion of it for the win over RPI. He made some big saves in both games, Breakaways and odd man rushes to keep the team up. Nice Job Keith!

Even with the weekend sweep, QU lost votes in the USCHO Poll, down over 20 points from last week. We're unable to make the trek to Ithica/Hamelton this weekend due to prior commitments. Hoping to catch the Cornell game on ESPN+ at least on Friday. How sweet would a couple wins up there be this weekend?

Last season, I remember being a bit down on Shorty until he played enough games to see the big difference from KP. I am trying to watch and see if the Defensemen are screening him. I am enjoying watching the coaching staff's results - as evidenced by better outlet passes, better spacing.

On offense I like that "4th line". This is a top half ECAC team now, but not elite and I cannot see them playing with Cornell or Harvard this season but next 2-3 seasons they will have a very experienced team that should compete at an elite level nationally.

Comment

Regardless of your opinion. Rand has built a powerhouse in this group. Make the NCAA's this year? Hope so. Yet this is a team who is going to be in the fight for nattys. Dont believe they are ready yet. They will be.Give them some love.

Comment

Originally posted by IronRange View Post
                    Regardless of your opinion. Rand has built a powerhouse in this group. Make the NCAA's this year? Hope so. Yet this is a team who is going to be in the fight for nattys. Dont believe they are ready yet. They will be.Give them some love.
                    No doubt, I expect this team to be much better in the second half and when they gel.....watch out. If they continue to play to their “identity” as Rand puts it, and the goaltending gets consistent, they’ll be Top 10 / Elite for the next couple years. Similar to 2016 (Toews/Anas), last year’s early departures (Rafferty/Shortridge), hurt. Unfortunately the program doesn’t have the “elite” depth yet. However, I love this group and I think this year’s freshman class might end up being one of the best yet. Last year was a good mix of youth and leadership. This year’s team has good leaders but a LOT more youth. Again, when it clicks.....Watch out.

The ASU weekend may come back to haunt them come tournament time. I’m not sure they’ll be ready yet to compete with Harvard and Cornell and probably won’t have the PW to get in without the Whitelaw Cup. However, we saw last year what a key injury could do to a team. I’m not wishing that on any program, but stuff happens.

This is going to be a fun team to watch develop. While frustrating at times, I’d have to imagine this is what gets the coaches out of bed in the morning. QU is probably one of the few teams in the country that gets rankings votes based on coaching as much as they do based on talent.

Let’s hope they have a fun weekend in NY.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                      Last season, I remember being a bit down on Shorty until he played enough games to see the big difference from KP. I am trying to watch and see if the Defensemen are screening him. I am enjoying watching the coaching staff's results - as evidenced by better outlet passes, better spacing.

On offense I like that "4th line". This is a top half ECAC team now, but not elite and I cannot see them playing with Cornell or Harvard this season but next 2-3 seasons they will have a very experienced team that should compete at an elite level nationally.
                      I hope they keep the new line pairings. Moving Whelan off the same line with Jermain and over to Tufto’s line, I think helped both lines. Nick and Alex, IMO have a similar style game and they didn’t complement each other as well. They are both strong in front of the net and spreading that out could/should work.

Comment

Seeing several adds to USHL teams from the college ranks, including QU's own Cam Boudreau.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                          Seeing several adds to USHL teams from the college ranks, including QU's own Cam Boudreau.
                          Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                            That would be a good reason for him not having played yet. I don't recall seeing him at the rink this past weekend either.

I wonder if he was cut or if is this a red shirt situation?
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                              That would be a good reason for him not having played yet. I don't recall seeing him at the rink this past weekend either.

I wonder if he was cut or if is this a red shirt situation?
                              He was practicing today from a source but its very possible he could be looking to leave and didn't tell anyone.
                              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

When was he originally scheduled to come here... this season or next?
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X