X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    That won't happen. They'll keep running to kick the football and Lucy (Republicans) will keep pulling the football away. And the circle will continue over and over and over and over again. Just like it has since 1980.
    And your solution is what exactly? If we elect someone who wont do what you apparently think is the greatest sin in modern politics and nothing comes of it what then? Oh yeah you will whine about how nothing got done and how ineffectual the Dems are because of it.

I am not big on the idea of working with the GOP but unless something ridiculous happens next year to get anything done we are going to need to. You can bellyache about it til the cows come home but facts are facts. And anyone who believes Saint Bernard of Vermont wont do the exact same thing is high.
    Last edited by Handyman; 12-09-2019, 05:01 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      And your solution is what exactly? If we elect someone who wont do what you apparently think is the greatest sin in modern politics and nothing comes of it what then? Oh yeah you will whine about how nothing got done and how ineffectual the Dems are because of it.

I am not big on the idea of working with the GOP but unless something ridiculous happens next year to get anything done we are going to need to. You can bellyache about it til the cows come home but facts are facts. And anyone who believes Saint Bernard of Vermont wont do the exact same thing is high on their own supply.
      And you know as well as I do that nothing will get done. That is way pretty much NOTHING got done in 8 years of the Obama administration. I'm not blaming the Democrats or Obama for that. I will continue to point it out though cause it's a fact.

Yet you people continue to work with Terrorists. Terrorists that have stolen a Supreme Court Justice and packed the Courts while LAUGHING at 400 bills (over 200 of which are bipartisan) and not bringing them up for a vote in the Senate.

What I want is someone to admit what McConnell has done and ram it straight down his throat. And if that is just not possible then the Leader of the Senate has become more powerful than the President of the United States. Which is interesting, because we have had almost 40 years of growing executive power. What most certainly has happened is the Speaker of the House (which is 3rd in line to the Presidency) has been neutered and placed below the President (of course) and the Senate Majority Leader. The Republicans have changed the rules for 40 years and a lot of people have stood around watching them.

This was well entrenched by the time Clinton came to office. Clinton to get things done had to employ a tactic called Triangulation to get things done. Something no Republican President has ever had to employ.

And, yet today, we hear that unless we nominate a Centrist we are employing mob rule. Yet, quite frankly, Bernie and Elizabeth I contend are the centrists. And centrist in the Democratic Party is centering on a line that has skewed so far right we can't even see it from the left side anymore.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

“You people work with terrorists”??

I knew handyman was shady!

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          And if Bernie or Warren are where the party is now they'll be the nominee. Let the process play out. We haven't even had one primary yet.
          This has literally nothing to do with Drew's post (or Biden/Pete's rhetoric) about how the dems need to work with Mitch McConnell better. Nobody is saying we should cancel the primary.
          Last edited by trixR4kids; 12-09-2019, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Scooby, as a trans woman in America, I have no time for holding my nose, not while there's young trans kids to protect and helping freshly out trans. If you don't want to get out of bed and fight, that's your business. But if you're not gonna fight, or if you're gonna fight while "holding your nose," get out of here.

And as I've said, if I can keep fighting even though this administration drains my will to live, so can you. But you won't, so get out the way.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              Scooby, as a trans woman in America, I have no time for holding my nose, not while there's young trans kids to protect and helping freshly out trans. If you don't want to get out of bed and fight, that's your business. But if you're not gonna fight, or if you're gonna fight while "holding your nose," get out of here.

And as I've said, if I can keep fighting even though this administration drains my will to live, so can you. But you won't, so get out the way.
              Just because I discuss this on a public forum in this manner does not mean I don't fight every day. As indicated I am a volunteer now and as long as I am able. I am also a voter. I am doing everything I am able to do.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Holding his nose implies that he'll still vote for a ****ty democrat over Trump so maybe focus your energy elsewhere...?

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  Holding his nose implies that he'll still vote for a ****ty democrat over Trump so maybe focus your energy elsewhere...?
                  I had no idea I would anger so many people. Who knew?

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      No, it doesn't appear that he was involved, at least not based on that series of tweets. At most the guy is saying BC/BS used a consultant like McKinsey, because this guy often used McKinsey. And Buttigieg was a consultant who had a health care insurer as a client at some point.

There's not a single thing in what you linked making the final connection you're insinuating.

But let's say more information comes out and you happen to be proven right. If that's the worst thing you can say about him, I'm ok with that. I'd still take him over the septugenarians running against him.

Comment

Narrator: It's not the worst thing you can say about him

And it's possible he wasn't the consultant and there's just a bunch of huge coincidences here, such as him being the consultant of a large non-profit that can afford the services of McKinsey, BCBS being very likely, but I guess we'll see whether he's transparent about that or not.
                        Last edited by trixR4kids; 12-09-2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          That won't happen. They'll keep running to kick the football and Lucy (Republicans) will keep pulling the football away. And the circle will continue over and over and over and over again. Just like it has since 1980.
                          And you wonder why you get called Chicken Little.
                          Or why people think you've given up.
                          It's all in this post...all of it.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            Narrator: It's not the worst thing you can say about him

And it's possible he wasn't the consultant and there's just a bunch of huge coincidences here, such as him being the consultant of a large non-profit that can afford the services of McKinsey, BCBS being very likely, but I guess we'll see whether he's transparent about that or not.

I just realized what it is. Bernie Bros. are the equivalent of New England sports fans, complete with the chip on their shoulders for being the little brother. As teams go, the Yankees deserve more scorn, but because of their fans the Red Sox are actually more hated.

I mean yeah, if it's Bernie vs. Trump I'll support Bernie, but God **** will I hate the unwarranted smugness coming out from his supporters along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

I just realized what it is. Bernie Bros. are the equivalent of New England sports fans, complete with the chip on their shoulders for being the little brother. As teams go, the Yankees deserve more scorn, but because of their fans the Red Sox are actually more hated.

I mean yeah, if it's Bernie vs. Trump I'll support Bernie, but God **** will I hate the unwarranted smugness coming out from his supporters along the way.

I’m with you.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Thirded

Comment

Working...
                                X