X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers VII: Bon Voyage Beto

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

No one here said Obama was going to tear down Bernie. It was reported Obama said it. You can believe he said it and also believe it will never happen at the same time. We even posted a logical explanation as to why he would say it.

And given he spent 8 years bending over for Turtle Boy it's not a surprise in the slightest.
    Please Scooby, you were all over this story like it was gospel. The only surprising thing here is that you're trying to backtrack. Your "logical" explanation was ridiculous which we told you in no uncertain terms. You should go work for the Trump campaign.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Please Scooby, you were all over this story like it was gospel. The only surprising thing here is that you're trying to backtrack. Your "logical" explanation was ridiculous which we told you in no uncertain terms. You should go work for the Trump campaign.
      I don't get what you guys hope to gain by doing this. The more we tear each other down the more we are distracted and weakened for the only contest that matters.

You don't high stick in the intrasquad game.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I don't get what you guys hope to gain by doing this. The more we tear each other down the more we are distracted and weakened for the only contest that matters.

Nothing said is going to flip someone here to vote for Trump. And idiocy shouldn't stand no matter what side you are on.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          It's comical the way you people keep making things up like you can read my mind. You can't. Stop trying. Ridiculous? I'll bet all the candidates play "appease" the donor over and over and over again. Especially the clowns that take the big money. Biden, I'm looking right at you.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Nothing said is going to flip someone here to vote for Trump.
            I know that but it isn't my point. The time we spend b-tching each other out is time we waste not finding ways to talk to each other, keep morale up, and craft messaging that will get our people to the polls and maybe convince that unicorn sliver of undecideds who I actually don't believe exist but maybe do in which case we need a strategy with them. Plus I've seen (committed) animosities between erstwhile rivals develop here that look like the very schisms between allies in the real world that we deplore.

And idiocy shouldn't stand no matter what side you are on.
            This is just my opinion: let it alone. If an ally says something that's nonsense, let it die of loneliness. By responding to it you make it more important than it is -- you promote it from "just one person's opinion" to "the topic of conversation." You're breathing life into it.

I have been guilty of all the sins I am decrying here so I am a big fat hypocrite. I will probably do it again -- maybe even today. I'm saying I'm trying to change that behavior because I think it's destructive and in these actually perilous times we can't afford to commit own goals, and I'm asking others to consider acting likewise.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And you can...i won't.
              "If you let idiocy and hypocrisy stand...idiocy and hypocrisy think it's ok."
              Ignoring it doesn't make it go away.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

First Scooby writes:

It's comical the way you people keep making things up like you can read my mind. You can't. Stop trying.
                But in the next sentence, he writes:

I'll bet all the candidates play "appease" the donor over and over and over again. Especially the clowns that take the big money. Biden, I'm looking right at you.
                Sooo... don't read your mind, but trust you to read the minds of others? Okaaayyy then.

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                And you can...i won't.
                "If you let idiocy and hypocrisy stand...idiocy and hypocrisy think it's ok."
                Ignoring it doesn't make it go away.
                Exactly right. Scooby's defeatism cannot be allowed to go unchecked. Saying Obama is working against certain Dem candidates is the kind of Russian intelligence agency trolling that the Republicans are counting on us to engage in. Darn right we should oppose it whenever it pops up.
                Last edited by Rover; 11-29-2019, 03:02 PM.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  First Scooby writes:

But in the next sentence, he writes:

Sooo... don't read your mind, but trust you to read the minds of others? Okaaayyy then.

Exactly right. Scooby's defeatism cannot be allowed to go unchecked. Saying Obama is working against certain Dem candidates is the kind of Russian intelligence agency trolling that the Republicans are counting on us to engage in. Darn right we should oppose it whenever it pops up.
                  Again. That is NOT what was stated.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

ticap says this is what the Primaries are for
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I know that but it isn't my point. The time we spend b-tching each other out is time we waste not finding ways to talk to each other, keep morale up, and craft messaging that will get our people to the polls and maybe convince that unicorn sliver of undecideds who I actually don't believe exist but maybe do in which case we need a strategy with them. Plus I've seen (committed) animosities between erstwhile rivals develop here that look like the very schisms between allies in the real world that we deplore.

This is just my opinion: let it alone. If an ally says something that's nonsense, let it die of loneliness. By responding to it you make it more important than it is -- you promote it from "just one person's opinion" to "the topic of conversation." You're breathing life into it.

I have been guilty of all the sins I am decrying here so I am a big fat hypocrite. I will probably do it again -- maybe even today. I'm saying I'm trying to change that behavior because I think it's destructive and in these actually perilous times we can't afford to commit own goals, and I'm asking others to consider acting likewise.
                      You saw the Bill Maher "New Rule" from two weeks back, didn't you?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        You saw the Bill Maher "New Rule" from two weeks back, didn't you?
                        Bill Maher hasn't been on his game since Trump was elected.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Online leftists killed Hickenlooper???? And they're the delusional ones?

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                              Online leftists killed Hickenlooper???? And they're the delusional ones?
                              It's like beating Punchy Joe or whatever his name was on the old Nintendo's Punch-Out.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                It's like beating Punchy Joe or whatever his name was on the old Nintendo's Punch-Out.
                                Glass Joe. Was a take off Glass Jaw.

Comment

Working...
                                X