Re: TV: One Person's Trash...

That’s a perfect way to describe it.

I couldn’t believe it either.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      I couldn't believe what I was hearing at first. Then it occurred to me that because he can't speak English is why he's able to make sing that song so well. He's not trying to speak/sing the language, he's just (for wont of a better phrase) making a series of incoherent sounds.
      Yeah, from a site: "Erdene admitted via translator that he has no idea what he is singing about, nor does he understand any of the lyrics — but his accent is subtle enough to make him believable as a fluent English speaker, however. His performance ended in a standing ovation from the in-studio audience and judges."

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I watched this again over lunch:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEtnKTOk0ds

Everyone needs to see this. Unreal.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          I watched the new Netflix series Russian Doll this weekend. Only 8 half hour episodes. Natasha Lyonne is great, overall really liked it.
          So is she clean now? I know she had some issues.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            So is she clean now? I know she had some issues.
            Not sure but she was great here. But her character wasn’t the cleanest

Comment

Not sure but she was great here. But her character wasn’t the cleanest
              Her characters have usually been a bit shady/etc. She plays them well. The hardened/jaded type.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Her characters have usually been a bit shady/etc. She plays them well. The hardened/jaded type.
                This is very much a typical Lyonne character.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  This is very much a typical Lyonne character.
                  It's popped up as a suggestion, but I'm still barreling through Daredevil. Almost done with S1. Sh*'s gettin' really good. The results that I know will happen are starting to fall into place. I am appreciating seeing how each character is getting to where they are when I saw them in the other shows.

Comment

I watched the new Netflix series Russian Doll this weekend. Only 8 half hour episodes. Natasha Lyonne is great, overall really liked it.
                    Watched a couple episodes...seems like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas meets Groundhog Day. Good so far.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      seems like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas meets Groundhog Day.
                      That is how I would describe Memento.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        because he can't speak English is why he's able to make sing that song so well.
                        I'm just going to leave this right here.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Dam... Season 3 of Legion will be the final season...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...n-3-fx-1182354

Creator Noah Hawley had always envisioned Legion as a three-season arc, FX CEO John Landgraf said, and he's planning to stick to that plan.

"I think endings are what give stories meaning," Hawley told reporters hours later during his final stop at TCA for Legion. "I always thought about this as a complete story, and it felt like three acts of a story."

"What the show is following is this cycle of mental illness. We met David [Dan Stevens] who had been at his lowest point and tried to kill himself, then he meets Syd [Rachel Keller] and he gets balanced out. He's on his meds. He gets out and everything's going great for a while, and he thinks maybe I don't need these meds. He goes off meds the and spirals down, which is where we find him now," Hawley said. "The question now is can he get back to some kind of good place, or is he gone for good? Once we tell that story it feels like we'd be going back to the beginning of the cycle."
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Dam... Season 3 of Legion will be the final season.
                            Better 1 season too short than 1 too long. It's a wonderful show, but there has been a big drop off from S1, just because making things explicit and forcing choices diminishes the show.

A man breaking his journey between one place and another at a third place of no name, character, population or significance, sees a unicorn cross his path and disappear. That in itself is startling, but there are precedents for mystical encounters of various kinds, or to be less extreme, a choice of persuasions to put it down to fancy; until--"My God," says a second man, "I must be dreaming, I thought I saw a unicorn." At which point, a dimension is added that makes the experience as alarming as it will ever be. A third witness, you understand, adds no further dimension but only spreads it thinner, and a fourth thinner still, and the more witnesses there are the thinner it gets and the more reasonable it becomes until it is as thin as reality, the name we give to the common experience... "Look, look!" recites the crowd. "A horse with an arrow in its forehead! It must have been mistaken for a deer." -- Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
                            Cornell University

Comment

I'm not big on reality TV but I've recently found Below Deck on Bravo and was a big fan of this latest season that aired. I grew up going to a lake during the summer and then worked at the same lake at a marina so boats and the water have always fascinated me. I was entertained and will be going back to watch the previous five seasons.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Letterkenny is farking brilliant.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X