This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    Very good win for Maine today. Congrats!
    The game got better as it went on.
    I sat next to Maine back-up goalie Ouimette who played the first season(s) under Coach Semler, I believe he said. Very knowledgeable and friendly.
    I made it to Merrimack and am watching the UMass Lowell game now.
    Home tomorrow. Thanks for the fun on here and continued good-luck this season.
    Swing south on your travels home. She will be a bit nasty going back that route you took.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      Swing south on your travels home. She will be a bit nasty going back that route you took.
      I mean a lot of ice

Comment

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
        I’ll take the 3 points, better than expected. Swayman for Hobey.
        As far as Swayman for the Hobey Baker Award, he should have his name mentioned in it...he has kept Maine afloat. Listening to the Omaha play by play yesterday they raved about Swayman and said they thought he was one of the top netminders in the nation that they have seen. And not to be bias he "IS"..!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          Should have swept on home ice... given schedule.

Number 20 still looks lost and they shuffled pairings. Put him with 18. Of coarse this is lost.... as is my knowledge of old port, evidently.
          What happened to #26? Is he injured? Up until recently, he had been #18's d partner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
            As far as Swayman for the Hobey Baker Award, he should have his name mentioned in it...he has kept Maine afloat. Listening to the Omaha play by play yesterday they raved about Swayman and said they thought he was one of the top netminders in the nation that they have seen. And not to be bias he "IS"..!!!
            Its almost impossible for a goalie to win but I mean without this guy Maine wins 8-10 games. He’s the most valuable player in the country.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Its almost impossible for a goalie to win but I mean without this guy Maine wins 8-10 games. He’s the most valuable player in the country.
              He's easily the only guy keeping Maine anywhere near respectable.

Comment

It has happen before...but in Swaymans case, Maine's position in total wins and playing for Hardware like the Hockey East Regular and Post season and being a threat to play in the NCAA's and a possible Frozen 4 team is not there. For him to have a chance he'd have to carry them where they have not been in years...but he is a legit top goaltender in the Country. That's why I fear he is gone after this season and off starting his pro career, 1st in the ECHL then up to the AHL level and from there, who knows depending on how he does. With that said this weekends game versus the US development team would be a ideal time to play the #2 and #3 netminders. (just imo). Give Swayman a weekend off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                  It has happen before...but in Swaymans case, Maine's position in total wins and playing for Hardware like the Hockey East Regular and Post season and being a threat to play in the NCAA's and a possible Frozen 4 team is not there. For him to have a chance he'd have to carry them where they have not been in years...but he is a legit top goaltender in the Country. That's why I fear he is gone after this season and off starting his pro career, 1st in the ECHL then up to the AHL level and from there, who knows depending on how he does. With that said this weekends game versus the US development team would be a ideal time to play the #2 and #3 netminders. (just imo). Give Swayman a weekend off.
                  I doubt that he'll leave Maine for an ECHL position. That's D-3 stuff. If he has a guarantee of an AHL job..? Yeah, he's probably out the door.

And Maine will be a hopeless case without him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    I doubt that he'll leave Maine for an ECHL position. That's D-3 stuff. If he has a guarantee of an AHL job..? Yeah, he's probably out the door.

And Maine will be a hopeless case without him.
                    Yes on ECHL...to start off, lots of teams send there goaltending prospects there to play more...then make the next step up to the AHL...check around lots of NHL teams are doing it.

Comment

Jaro Halak is done this year, assuming he gets paid elsewhere and the Bs feel Vlader is ready to back up Rask, there’s a spot in Providence with Sway’s name on it. Doubtful to get 4 years out of anyone of his caliber esp with the free agency rules

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Jaro Halak is done this year, assuming he gets paid elsewhere and the Bs feel Vlader is ready to back up Rask, there’s a spot in Providence with Sway’s name on it. Doubtful to get 4 years out of anyone of his caliber esp with the free agency rules
                        Correct, but at the same time the Bruins may think of signing a veteran netminder on the cheap to ease Swaymans movement, where as he gains in experience at a certain level(ECHL)for say half to 3/4's of a season and then gets called up to Providence of the AHL to get seasoned there...goaltenders take time to be ready for the big show(NHL)...and it is a waste for him not to play at all levels...it only will help him and not hurt his progress(imo).

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                          Yes on ECHL...to start off, lots of teams send there goaltending prospects there to play more...then make the next step up to the AHL...check around lots of NHL teams are doing it.
                          I did check it out, and it you got me there.

The ECHL used to be just another fight-league for guys who would never make it to The Show. And it was one of many in that regard. Any form of minor league hockey South of the AHL was a dead-end s***-show for many many years.

Not sure how many of the current crop even get a cup of coffee in the NHL these days, but the ECHL does look like a possible pipeline right now.

Still, if I'm Sway, I'm not coming out anywhere without a hefty signing bonus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

The ECHL used to be just another fight-league for guys who would never make it to The Show. And it was one of many in that regard. Any form of minor league hockey South of the AHL was a dead-end s***-show for many many years.

Not sure how many of the current crop even get a cup of coffee in the NHL these days, but the ECHL does look like a possible pipeline right now.

Wow he got you... because he didn’t me. I think Maine hockey just landed the big tuna!

Comment

Truth be told he just gaft’d you.

Comment

Shame on you.

Comment

Working...
                                X