Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence Friars - 2019-2020 Rebuilding The Friars for Another NCAA

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Nate wasn’t able to focus them on Friday at all based on the terrible penalty a senior took with five seconds left in regulation and the NCAA leading scorer getting a ten minute misconduct also with five seconds left. Nate needs to start sitting guys when they are playing “stupid” hockey or this is going to continue to go on. Tell me why Kav is even in the lineup?

He has 0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points, and a minus 8. Can’t get much worse than that
    Please post your senior year numbers for comparison.
    Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

Seems to be a lot of Russian interference tonight!
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

3-1 PC after 2. A bad opening with the five minute squander and giving up the power play goal, but a good bounce back

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
        -Blackadder
        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
        -Casablanca
        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by PaulKorea View Post
          Please post your senior year numbers for comparison.
          The same as his through 13 games with a MUCH better plus/minus
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            The same as his through 13 games with a MUCH better plus/minus
            Wow. Your coach must’ve been an idiot, desperate or both.
            Living somewhere between North and South.

Comment

And... here comes Bruno for a matinee game at the Coffin on Saturday.

PC definitely needs to win here - but it's a Mayor's Cup game and weird things happen. Brown has a good power play this year and we cannot stay out of the box.
              I was bored on Friday night and noticed that in the pairwise, the only team in Hockey East that would be in if the season ended today was BC at 13. Not us or UML or UMASS or Northeastern. Just BC. Thank goodness it's only November.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post

PC definitely needs to win here - but it's a Mayor's Cup game and weird things happen. Brown has a good power play this year and we cannot stay out of the box.
                I was bored on Friday night and noticed that in the pairwise, the only team in Hockey East that would be in if the season ended today was BC at 13. Not us or UML or UMASS or Northeastern. Just BC. Thank goodness it's only November.
                That's why they can't lose the OOC games starting this Saturday....

Big weekend after that with the UML matchup especially after losing already to UML at home....

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post

Why are the national polls and the pairwise so different?

Comment

Originally posted by palmettofriar View Post
                    Why are the national polls and the pairwise so different?
                    Pairwise is an algorithm, but it takes a few months for the data samples to be large enough to give an accurate depiction. Later in the season, the pollsters will generally start to tailor their votes more closely to the Pairwise rankings. The more accurate rating system for the moment is KRACH, but that one isn't used to determine the tournament seeds, so it becomes less relevant over time.

So, for example, the Friars are currently 23 in the Pairwise but 16 in KRACH. Anyone who's watched them this year would tell you they're closer to 16 than 23, but that 23 will normalize over time.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                      Pairwise is an algorithm, but it takes a few months for the data samples to be large enough to give an accurate depiction. Later in the season, the pollsters will generally start to tailor their votes more closely to the Pairwise rankings. The more accurate rating system for the moment is KRACH, but that one isn't used to determine the tournament seeds, so it becomes less relevant over time.

So, for example, the Friars are currently 23 in the Pairwise but 16 in KRACH. Anyone who's watched them this year would tell you they're closer to 16 than 23, but that 23 will normalize over time.
                      Good explanation. The polls are mostly meaningless, but fun to argue about - especially last year when one guy kept giving UMASS and not SCSU a first place vote and it went over poorly in Saint Cloud.

-Blackadder
                      -Casablanca
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post

Thank you, for your explanation.

Comment

Only in league game is the NU/UNH matchup today in Ireland. So those 2 will make up one game in hand they have on the Friars. (UNH has only played 6 HE games, NU 9 while the Friars have played 10 so far).

Meanwhile, Friars playing the Mayor's cup tomorrow against a Brown team that just lost Tuesday night. Never know what going to get from Brown, but for PC this is a must win from a Pairwise point of view (not one that brings you up but will certainly bring you down if lose).

Let's hope the hockey friars are in a better frame of mind vs the bball friars who have stunk up the place in their first 7 games.

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                            Only in league game is the NU/UNH matchup today in Ireland. So those 2 will make up one game in hand they have on the Friars. (UNH has only played 6 HE games, NU 9 while the Friars have played 10 so far).

Meanwhile, Friars playing the Mayor's cup tomorrow against a Brown team that just lost Tuesday night. Never know what going to get from Brown, but for PC this is a must win from a Pairwise point of view (not one that brings you up but will certainly bring you down if lose).
                            PC needs to stay out of the box and if we get a lead, add to it. And avoid whatever happened in the second period at Matthews.
                            Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                            O
                            Let's hope the hockey friars are in a better frame of mind vs the bball friars who have stunk up the place in their first 7 games.
                            I really like Ed Cooley, but what is going on over there? This is two years in a row of coughing up leads late in games in bizarre fashion.

-Blackadder
                            -Casablanca
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              PC needs to stay out of the box and if we get a lead, add to it. And avoid whatever happened in the second period at Matthews.

I really like Ed Cooley, but what is going on over there? This is two years in a row of coughing up leads late in games in bizarre fashion.
                              The hockey team is coughing up leads this year too
                              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                The hockey team is coughing up leads this year too
                                They certainly have. The out of conference blown leads against Holy Cross and Colgate were pretty ruinous.
                                The basketball team has been doing that in every game for two years. Slight difference.

-Blackadder
                                -Casablanca
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X