Uniform Watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform Watch?

Today, ESPN had a rare article on college hockey-related matters, putting together an off-beat ranking of club hockey uniforms of schools that are in football bowls this year https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...hy-oregon-no-1

I thought a couple of them looked really good, especially the more classic ones from Indiana and Alabama, and the piece got me wondering whether some NCAA Division I teams could use a uniform refresh.

I thought there might be a uniform thread on here where folks might post news of jersey changes or one-game special jerseys (e.g. annual RPI Black Friday jersey), or general commentary/rankings of jerseys but apparently there's never been much interest in the topic. We'll see whether this thread sinks straight to the bottom of the page!

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
    Today, ESPN had a rare article on college hockey-related matters, putting together an off-beat ranking of club hockey uniforms of schools that are in football bowls this year https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...hy-oregon-no-1

I thought a couple of them looked really good, especially the more classic ones from Indiana and Alabama, and the piece got me wondering whether some NCAA Division I teams could use a uniform refresh.

I thought there might be a uniform thread on here where folks might post news of jersey changes or one-game special jerseys (e.g. annual RPI Black Friday jersey), or general commentary/rankings of jerseys but apparently there's never been much interest in the topic. We'll see whether this thread sinks straight to the bottom of the page!
    I’ve never figured out how to post a picture here. Or I’d show you one of the Bama dark sweaters. Even better than the white.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Re: Uniform Watch?

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      I’ve never figured out how to post a picture here. Or I’d show you one of the Bama dark sweaters. Even better than the white.
      I think there is an "insert image" button on the second row of the toolbar, the fourth button in from the right. Would love to see the other Bama jersey.

Comment

ASU changes uniforms at least every year, sometimes twice per year. Typically has 3 different uniforms each year. It's an Adidas contract thing.

Comment

The Dartmouth green and white horizontal stripes are gross.

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
            ASU changes uniforms at least every year, sometimes twice per year. Typically has 3 different uniforms each year. It's an Adidas contract thing.
            That is what many pro soccer teams do, but mainly to get fans to buy a new set of team shirts every year. Maybe they are trying to keep it fresh as part of the recruiting strategy (a la the U Oregon football uniforms), but I think ASU's color scheme would look great in a more traditional style. That said, the all-black uniforms they had one year looked pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenBear View Post
              The Dartmouth green and white horizontal stripes are gross.
              I'm not opposed to them, but I get why many don't like them. That said, Dartmouth's all-green road uniforms are simple, classic, and solid.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                I'm not opposed to them, but I get why many don't like them. That said, Dartmouth's all-green road uniforms are simple, classic, and solid.
                I love the road greens, and the home whites are right behind them--the adjectives you used for the greens are the same reason why I love them. Hope they retire the stripes.

Comment

NMU recently started using a gold 3rd jersey. Haven't heard any complaints yet.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Providence has gone to wearing their 3rd jersey (its gray) for all home games this year. Not a fan of it....

Comment

If you are ever curious about different styles your team, or any other D-I men's team for that matter, has worn over the years you'll likely enjoy my website www.johnsonsjerseys.net. It currently has roughly 700 game worn college hockey jerseys on the site which I've collected since 1995. For teams other than Michigan Tech, go to "OTHER UNIVERSITIES" and then select your desired conference. The teams are arranged alphabetically within each conference. There is also an "ARCHIVE" section of the site with another 1,000 or so jerseys, but I don't own any of those as they were sold or traded away over the years. I just keep them on the site for others to view and enjoy. All 60 current D-I teams and also many defunct programs are represented.

I am of course biased as a Huskies fan, but my favorite in the collection is one of Tony Esposito's Michigan Tech sweaters, shown below. One of my past favorites (no longer in my collection) would be the home jersey of BGSU's Ken Morrow best known for his part in the 1980 Olympics Miracle on Ice. I recently made a trip to BGSU and one of the photos of Ken on display was matched to the jersey by one of the large puck/stick marks across the front.

Enjoy!

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                      Originally posted by geezer
                      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                      Originally posted by manurespreader
                      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                        If you are ever curious about different styles your team, or any other D-I men's team for that matter, has worn over the years you'll likely enjoy my website www.johnsonsjerseys.net. It currently has roughly 700 game worn college hockey jerseys on the site which I've collected since 1995. For teams other than Michigan Tech, go to "OTHER UNIVERSITIES" and then select your desired conference. The teams are arranged alphabetically within each conference. There is also an "ARCHIVE" section of the site with another 1,000 or so jerseys, but I don't own any of those as they were sold or traded away over the years. I just keep them on the site for others to view and enjoy. All 60 current D-I teams and also many defunct programs are represented.

I am of course biased as a Huskies fan, but my favorite in the collection is one of Tony Esposito's Michigan Tech sweaters, shown below. One of my past favorites (no longer in my collection) would be the home jersey of BGSU's Ken Morrow best known for his part in the 1980 Olympics Miracle on Ice. I recently made a trip to BGSU and one of the photos of Ken on display was matched to the jersey by one of the large puck/stick marks across the front.

Enjoy!

Great stuff! Growing up in the Copper Country, that Tech sweater will always be a favorite!
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Time to plug myself!

Last year I did a full uniform history for UAH, going all the way back to the first club team in 1979-80.
                          https://uahhockey.com/blog/2018/10/1...-other-colors/
                          https://uahhockey.com/uniforms/

For the most part, I like the Chargers' current set, except I wish there was less emphasis on black and more on blue. Our road blues are the best, I think.
                          Michael Napier - UAH '97
                          uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
                          U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
                          NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
                          CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
                          CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                            Time to plug myself!

Last year I did a full uniform history for UAH, going all the way back to the first club team in 1979-80.

For the most part, I like the Chargers' current set, except I wish there was less emphasis on black and more on blue. Our road blues are the best, I think.
                            That’s a great shade of blue!

Comment

Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
                              Time to plug myself!

Kato went through our Goth phase as well, when we had a lot of black in the uniform. Hopefully, those days are behind us now.

Comment

Working...
                              X