This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Just watched "Revenge of the Nerds" for the first time. If you can ignore the scene that is basically rape, and I do realize that is a looooot to ask, it really holds up and is a good movie.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      Just watched "Revenge of the Nerds" for the first time. If you can ignore the scene that is basically rape, and I do realize that is a looooot to ask, it really holds up and is a good movie.
      “First” time??? c’mon man!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        “First” time??? c’mon man!!
        I know, weird, right?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          Well, I mean, Animal House has the 13 year old girl scene, although no actual sex was involved....

And as for Paquin, it wasn't about all about her. It was dad facing the fact he failed as a father, too.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Well, I mean, Animal House has the 13 year old girl scene, although no actual sex was involved.....
            did on the 50yd line!!!!

Comment

Just watched Kong: Skull Island.

Dumb. But I liked it. A lot.

Extremely surprised by the cast. Don't let it fool you into thinking it's high art. It's a Kong movie for cripes sake.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Prefer a Skulls movie

Mookie loved watching those little ivy kepler’s running around battling other blue bloods

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Just watched Kong: Skull Island.

Dumb. But I liked it. A lot.

Extremely surprised by the cast. Don't let it fool you into thinking it's high art. It's a Kong movie for cripes sake.
                  I watched this when I was sick and it was great comfort food.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Prefer a Skulls movie

Mookie loved watching those little ivy kepler’s running around battling other blue bloods
                    Beg pardon? Is this a Yale thing? Cuz f-ck Yale.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Won't keep many fans away I'm sure.
                      "
                      Disney has issued a warning that visuals and sustained flashing light sequences in “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” could affect those with photosensitive epilepsy.

The studio is working with the Epilepsy Foundation, which also issued a warning on Friday about the potential health risk.

“Out of an abundance of caution, we recommend that you provide at your venue box office and online, and at other appropriate places where your customers will see it, a notice containing the following information: ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ contains several sequences with imagery and sustained flashing lights that may affect those who are susceptible to photosensitive epilepsy or have other photosensitivities,” Disney said in a letter to exhibitors.

The foundation thanked Disney for its efforts in advance of the movie’s release on Dec. 20. It noted that for about 3% of people with epilepsy, exposure to flashing lights at certain intensities or certain visual patterns can trigger seizures. “This condition is known as photosensitive epilepsy and it’s more common in children and adolescents,” the foundation said.

“If you or someone you know are sensitive to lights, please consider the following as you make plans to watch the movie: Ask a friend to watch the movie first; Take your friend with you when you go see the film to alert you to which scenes contain the flashing lights so you block your eyes during those scenes; Teach your friend the three simple steps of seizure first aid — Stay, Safe, Side — so that they can assist if you have a seizure,” the foundation said."
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Well, I mean, Animal House has the 13 year old girl scene, although no actual sex was involved....

And as for Paquin, it wasn't about all about her. It was dad facing the fact he failed as a father, too.
                        Yes I know...it isnt exactly a hidden context. I just found it a waste of time after the first 30 times we saw the daughter act that way. Plus AP sucks.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Why do you think Pinto tells Carmine "we have to get married"?
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Why do you think Pinto tells Carmine "we have to get married"?
                            Pinto doesnt say it the Daughter does after she tells Carmine he was "the boy who molested me last night".
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Pinto doesnt say it the Daughter does after she tells Carmine he was "the boy who molested me last night".
                              Yep.

And agreed on Skull Island. It was entertaining enough to see, just a good ol' fashioned monster movie.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Beg pardon? Is this a Yale thing? Cuz f-ck Yale.
                                "is this a yale thing"

Comment

Working...
                                X