Wisconsin Badgers 2019-2020 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
    No wonder why all those Hollywood stars will do almost anything to have their kids play a sport there!
    Currently ranked number 1 in women’s basketball too.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2019-2020 Season Thread

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
      Currently ranked number 1 in women’s basketball too.
      Although I happened to see this morning that they were just upset by unranked Texas.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

U18 update thru 4 games:

Picard 2G 1A +4
        Wheeler 1G 2A +4
        Webster 0G 2A +1
        Simms 0G 2A +3
        Harvey 0G 0A +3
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Home hockey is STILL weeks away. The schedule this year sucks. I don't like a month off, 4 road games, a week off, then our acquaintances from the west come and visit. No momentum, no flow.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            As far as I can tell from the UW web site 'stats' pages, she has not been on the ice since her freshman year, when she played '4th line' for about half the games. Understandable that she would want to go somewhere where she stands a better chance of seeing ice time. I hope she gets some, and I'll have to try to remember to keep track of that. Being only a 'practice player' must be a difficult role to play mentally.

Good luck, Kyleigh!
            ... after today, that is! :-o

Comment

... after today, that is! :-o
              Hanzlik scores with six seconds remaining to break a 5-5 tie, and give Robert Morris the win over Colgate.

Badgers congratulate her on her way to the locker room.

https://***********/BadgerWHockey/st...33720329175040
              Last edited by robertearle; 01-05-2020, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Hanzlik scores with six seconds remaining to break a 5-5 tie, and give Robert Morris the win over Colgate.

Badgers congratulate her on her way to the locker room.

https://***********/BadgerWHockey/st...33720329175040
                That is truly a wonderful thing right there.

I got to watch the 3rd period against Bob M and the 2nd and OT against NE. There's really not much to say about the Bob M period I saw, it looked as it should. The NE period also looked as they should from a 1-3 matchup, though as a Badger fan the 2nd period was horrible for UW. NE owned the puck for practically the whole period. It's very worrisome and to me reinforces the idea that this team isn't as good as years past where at the worst case there were smaller windows where an opponent dominated a period, then UW would, then some of the period would be neutral. It was total NE. They did not play with a lot of poise. UW did own the OT with immense pressure before the PP. I was not thrilled with the goaltending on the 3rd goal by NE. Bad angle high shot and Soup never reacted to it, hard to tell if the D partially screened her, but the D didn't block the shot so I think she should have seen it. Based on that and other plays I saw I don't think Soup was seeing the puck very well yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Based on that and other plays I saw I don't think Soup was seeing the puck very well yesterday.
                  Four goals surrendered this weekend: Saturday was a five-on-three power play for more than a minute, hardly Soup's fault; first Sunday was a PP shot from the blue line through traffic - I doubt she ever saw it; second was a two-on-one breakaway - clean look, the kind you'd hope she'd be able to stop; the one you refer to was, to me, just a perfect shot, sharp angle, a rocket perfectly placed into the near corner upper-ninety - tip your hat and move on. My guess for "the one she'd want back" is the breakaway. She saw a ton of shots yesterday; that's what concerns me most. But I wouldn't read too much into anything from the first weekend back after a long break.

Comment

But I wouldn't read too much into anything from the first weekend back after a long break.
                    On the 3rd NE goal, I don't understand why you don't just stay up there on that angle and then there is nothing to shoot at. By going down you allow for the high shot. The tell tale will be the series with the row the boater's. If they control play like NE did, the old confidence will be dented.

Comment

Todd D had a nice article about how the 2nd line is getting into a bit of a groove and producing on a regular basis over the last 8 games or so. It's nice to see my pleading for secondary scoring is working. .

Comment

Hockey, it's a great day for it! Let's play some. I've crossed the line into insanity and am going to the men's game tonight. I just can't stand being away from the sights and sounds of the game. Plus my daughter and I will have some fun irregardless.

Comment

Hockey, it's a great day for it! Let's play some. I've crossed the line into insanity and am going to the men's game tonight. I just can't stand being away from the sights and sounds of the game. Plus my daughter and I will have some fun irregardless.
                          Well, the men's game was a bust. They lost, we got to see and injured player get carted off (sad and scary) the ice and I got to drive home on an inch of sleet doing 40 in a 70 zone for an hr. Oh joy!

The Beaver were a tough out, UW squeeked by Friday and a bad first period they could not overcome on Saturday. Now they are off this week with a bitter pill on the tongue, and the excelsior of sweetness is playing some putredly uniformed hockey players from the west in 2 weeks.

Comment

Well, the men's game was a bust. They lost, we got to see and injured player get carted off (sad and scary) the ice and I got to drive home on an inch of sleet doing 40 in a 70 zone for an hr. Oh joy!

The Beaver were a tough out, UW squeeked by Friday and a bad first period they could not overcome on Saturday. Now they are off this week with a bitter pill on the tongue, and the excelsior of sweetness is playing some putredly uniformed hockey players from the west in 2 weeks.
                            Well, you and I may disagree on the quality of the Gopher uniforms, but I am planning to order me some 'Excelsior of Sweetness' T-shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                              but I am planning to order me some 'Excelsior of Sweetness' T-shirts.
                              You might be able to work something out with these folks...https://squareup.com/market/excelsio...ball-gray-navy
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

So recent rumor that 2021 recruit Christina. Vote has left Williston.....anyone with any details? Hope everything is ok physically and otherwise. She did not play in the pre-Christmas tournament, according USHR but no reason given.

Comment

Working...
                                X