X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: Definitely Needs Anger Management

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    This should not be overlooked

I dug into this a little more, like, just barely and it falls apart pretty quickly.

Almost all stocks were up the same amount as defense contractors. Broad indices matched it. It wasn't until 1/3 when we started WWIII that those stocks really popped.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Pompeo is apparently a believer in End Times and the Rapture, so why would he be the level head in the room? Anyone who believes in that tripe and applies it to their daily life is beyond certifiable and should be nowhere near government.
      If anyone believes anybody in this administration is going to go against Trump on anything, they're an idiot.

If Mattis and Kelly wouldn't do it, none of the remaining yes-men and sycophants are going to.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Oh, right, the Israel thing. That's why they love Israel so much. It all kind of blends together doesn't it.
        Correct. They don't give a rat's arse about the Jews, they just want their precious Holy Land.

Comment

Bolton says he'll testify if subpoenaed by the Senate.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Bolton says he'll testify if subpoenaed by the Senate.
            I'm ready if Beyonce calls me.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I dug into this a little more, like, just barely and it falls apart pretty quickly.

Almost all stocks were up the same amount as defense contractors. Broad indices matched it. It wasn't until 1/3 when we started WWIII that those stocks really popped.
              The thing is, though, while the guy reporting clearly doesn't understand what to look for in the crime, he's somewhat correct in the timeline of events of concern on this type of crime. The person guilty of insider trading would make a purchase or sale days or weeks before a big event happens. Presumably, this would be based upon information s/he has prior to the market as a whole. There doesn't have to be big news that same day, or even within the next couple days, only that it's on the horizon and people new how they could profit from the news. (E.g. Agent Orange tells all of his newly purchased friends that there's going to be a big military thing in the coming few days/weeks, and these newly acquired friends make their stock purchases/sales the same day or next day from that tip.)
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                The thing is, though, while the guy reporting clearly doesn't understand what to look for in the crime, he's somewhat correct in the timeline of events of concern on this type of crime. The person guilty of insider trading would make a purchase or sale days or weeks before a big event happens. Presumably, this would be based upon information s/he has prior to the market as a whole. There doesn't have to be big news that same day, or even within the next couple days, only that it's on the horizon and people new how they could profit from the news. (E.g. Agent Orange tells all of his newly purchased friends that there's going to be a big military thing in the coming few days/weeks, and these newly acquired friends make their stock purchases/sales the same day or next day from that tip.)
                And that’s the issue- he’s selling access and info at his resort

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Right but there’s absolutely no evidence this wasn’t the same bump nearly the entire market also had.

Look, I want to nail these people to the wall as much as anyone, but this is a complete nothing burger. The volumes were even down for many of the contractors.

Edit: That said, i agree there's probably enough insider trading happening at MAL to keep the IRS busy for years
                  Last edited by dxmnkd316; 01-06-2020, 12:58 PM.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Right but there’s absolutely no evidence this wasn’t the same bump nearly the entire market also had.

Look, I want to nail these people to the wall as much as anyone, but this is a complete nothing burger. The volumes were even down for many of the contractors.
                    I think that's what you're missing, though. The stocks' performance prior to the US launching the first shots of its war with Iran is irrelevant. The fact that the people who were in Mar-a-Lago and made stock plays based upon what was said there had the potential to make good earnings. The exact performance of the stock is irrelevant after the fact.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      I think that's what you're missing, though. The stocks' performance prior to the US launching the first shots of its war with Iran is irrelevant. The fact that the people who were in Mar-a-Lago and made stock plays based upon what was said there had the potential to make good earnings. The exact performance of the stock is irrelevant after the fact.
                      Yes, that concept isn't lost on me. What I'm not seeing is any evidence in the original tweet of that.

I'm absolutely sure it's happening. But just because the stocks went up 2% on 1/2 doesn't mean there's insider trading.
                      Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Correct. They don't give a rat's arse about the Jews, they just want their precious Holy Land.
                        Is that the PC way of saying they want gas us?
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Is that the PC way of saying they want gas us?
                            I'm sure the technology has improved.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I'm sure the technology has improved.
                              Yeah but their intelligence hasnt...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I owe George W. Bush an apology. trump (and his administration) have been so glaringly, exceedingly, totally stupid, he makes GWB look like a downright average president by comparison. Reading about how he likely came to the conclusion the timing was right for a strike on Soleimani and the likelihood that this makes everything between America and BOTH Iran and Iraq worse is both startling and sad.

Notwithstanding the fact that trump is clearly guilty of bribery, money laundering with the Russians and a whole host of other real, actual crimes, his performance as president is so bad that the only reason he isn't already the most damaging president we've ever had is because a couple of the mid-19th century ones actually led us directly into a civil war with their shortcomings.

Please make sure you are doing something every day to ensure people turn out to vote in November. Have one conversation a day. Make one small donation. Arrange to take one additional person with you to a polling place. Volunteer to work with a get out the vote group in the fall for a day. Please.

Comment

Working...
                                X