Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Name from EODS. Hope this is OK with you lifers.

Carry on with new thread....
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

This goes back to the end of the last thread, but is anyone else uneasy about all the friendship and support we are getting from gopher fans? Did hell freeze over and no one informed me yet?
    Last edited by Gandalf the Red; 03-23-2015, 09:32 AM.
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Originally posted by UWisco
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Their happy Eaves is coming back....that's my take on it.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Can't wait for the Barry and Eaves sit down to "fix" the issues in the program. I'm sure that will work. It's not like Eaves hasn't been trying to fix things all year and some magical solution will come to fruition if him and Barry sit down and chat. The logic of this is mind boggling.

Comment

My take on the rodent "friendliness" is that the more knowledgeable ones understand how having a potent rival is way more fun then not. There is no sport in grabbing the shotgun and running out on the deck to shot the bird that flew into your sliding glass door and is already dead. For better or worse, with the Big 10 now, Minnesota and Wisconsin are clearly each others top rivals and need each other to be good for a variety of reasons.

Comment

I would like to see Kato/Denver/Duluth/Tech in the frozen four. With Tech beating Kato to win it all.

Comment

Also, we've reached levels of ****tiness that's simply not fun for anyone.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

All west teams would be nice, but I doubt that will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by drop_the_puck View Post
                  Can't wait for the Barry and Eaves sit down to "fix" the issues in the program. I'm sure that will work. It's not like Eaves hasn't been trying to fix things all year and some magical solution will come to fruition if him and Barry sit down and chat. The logic of this is mind boggling.
                  Seeing Barry at the basketball game last night made me irritated. I know that it's part of his job to be at events like that, but when he gave the thumbs up to the camera (and the crowd cheered for him) I had a bit of vomit come back up.

As for the Gopher fans, meh, most of them aren't bad people, just people with bad taste.
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                    Seeing Barry at the basketball game last night made me irritated. I know that it's part of his job to be at events like that, but when he gave the thumbs up to the camera (and the crowd cheered for him) I had a bit of vomit come back up.

As for the Gopher fans, meh, most of them aren't bad people, just people with bad taste.
                    I felt his ego growing to even more unsafe levels.

Comment

I did giggle when the lady seated next to him tried to show him how to make a W with his fingers and he instead chose to do his awkward thumbs up.

Comment

We can only hope that the vote of confidence in the paper was a way to keep the noise down while he is enjoying all the Badger parties at the big dance. Barry wouldn't want to be bothered during his glory weeks with anything as trivial as the implosion of one of his revenue sports.

I think we can all agree that we are still clinging to the hope that Barry comes away from the meeting with Eaves and issues a statement that they have agreed to part ways!! Yes I know this may be a bit of a pipe-dream.....but hey you never know what special surprise the Easter Bunny may bring!!!

Comment

What Barry needs to understand is mountain climbing is **** tough, you can't just lead freshman to a mountain and expect them to know how to climb it, they need 4 years to learn and in that magical 4th year they will be champion climbers,... Or will **** on themselves when let out of the box.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldtyme25 View Post
                            We can only hope that the vote of confidence in the paper was a way to keep the noise down while he is enjoying all the Badger parties at the big dance. Barry wouldn't want to be bothered during his glory weeks with anything as trivial as the implosion of one of his revenue sports.

I think we can all agree that we are still clinging to the hope that Barry comes away from the meeting with Eaves and issues a statement that they have agreed to part ways!! Yes I know this may be a bit of a pipe-dream.....but hey you never know what special surprise the Easter Bunny may bring!!!
                            This is how I feel also. No need to create distractions from the Men's BB tourney run, all the negative stuff can be announced after the Hovkey tournament is done. Also, makes it easier on any potential candidates who are coaching in that they won't have to answer any distracting questions about their interest in the UW job.

While we all want a clean sweep, I'm not going to panic until May 1st. Nothing much is going on now that would require immediate action to fix.

Comment

I feel the same way about North Dakota fans. I like them, but feel bad when their house is swept away down the Red River every year it floods. Though outside of *ioux hockey that is all the amusement they get all year.

I agree with Wojo's point too, its great when minnesota has a down year so we can all mock them (they are certainly enjoying the Mike Eaves train derailment), but it would be a lot more fun if UW and minnesota were both top 5 teams every year and the games were epic battles. The rest of teh Big 10 would be an after thought fighting for seeding on thursday of the conf tourney. Imagine the KC w/ 15,000 people in it again...
                              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                              Originally posted by UWisco
                              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Working...
                              X