Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, losing 2 at Northeastern redefines the season to date and resets expectations. No one is getting giddy now. The Northeastern tying goal was complete garbage. Ok fine. Maine lost 3-2 and could have won this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
      Ok, losing 2 at Northeastern redefines the season to date and resets expectations. No one is getting giddy now. The Northeastern tying goal was complete garbage. Ok fine. Maine lost 3-2 and could have won this game.
      I don't think Maine ever had a chance to win with god awful passes, constant turnovers, can't clear the d zone, sleepy d, etc etc.
      I just saw a typical red team.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
        I don't think Maine ever had a chance to win with god awful passes, constant turnovers, can't clear the d zone, sleepy d, etc etc.
        Last night, yes. Tonight, I disagree. They played very even with Northeastern tonight and Northeastern is a good team.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
          Last night, yes. Tonight, I disagree. They played very even with Northeastern tonight and Northeastern is a good team.
          Last night was worse, like they didn't want to chase anything.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Just a matter of time before NU won this game tonight. Maine gave up the lead and could not stop NU from putting shots on goal in the third period. Swayman played well, but I think NU had around 40 shots on goal. NU faster than Maine and in my opinion coached better. Maine will have a 3rd chance in February at home.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              Well, yeah.

Tralmaks is developing into a really good player, Sway was victimized by a once-in-a-season bounce... But, yeah.

(And I don't understand why Dawes wasn't tossed. That was 5 and a DQ no matter how you slice it.)

HEA is truly awful this year, so Maine has a shot at a top-4 finish. But let's not get too excited about that, considering the level of competition.

Comment

The idea is to win but at least they played better on Saturday. Another coach in HE that owns Red.
                Maines first line can compete after that not so much. Like we all knew the team goes as far as Sway does.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  The idea is to win but at least they played better on Saturday. Another coach in HE that owns Red.
                  Maines first line can compete after that not so much. Like we all knew the team goes as far as Sway does.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  For sure it is Swayman and the rest...offence will never be other then a one line team, and that won't cut it down the course of a season. With that said this weekends games versus SLU could be the only time for Maine to split the goaltending and get Thessien a game, but then wins are what they need overall...and Swayman is there best shot game in and game out. Myself I have no problem Swayman playing all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    For sure it is Swayman and the rest...offence will never be other then a one line team, and that won't cut it down the course of a season. With that said this weekends games versus SLU could be the only time for Maine to split the goaltending and get Thessien a game, but then wins are what they need overall...and Swayman is there best shot game in and game out. Myself I have no problem Swayman playing all the time.
                    If Red actually played the Schmitty-Poisson-Dawe line as his second line, they would be much better off. That line can be effective, I don't think they were completely outclassed this past weekend. The problem is Red plays them as the third line, and Westerlund-Shea-Smith as the second line for whatever reason. Speaking of Westerlund, he was sitting in front of me at Matthews last night with his arm in a sling of some kind. I hope he isn't out long, he brings energy and has been playing well lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      I think Swayman will get a rest. Not sure it matters if they lose a non conference as they have little chance at NCAAs anyway
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        Another sweep by husky. They were the better team. Congrats.

For Maine, 2-15-1 in the Gendron era against NU. Wow is that awful.
                        He has an even worse record against Providence during that time. One thing that has improved though are Red's excuses.
                        Last edited by uncle_cliff; 11-24-2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

During the Gendron Era, Maine is 3-31-1 (.100) vs Northeastern and Providence. Against the rest of Hockey East 49-43-17 (.528)

Comment

Nice win by the ladies hockey 3 to 2 over NU.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              During the Gendron Era, Maine is 3-31-1 (.100) vs Northeastern and Providence. Against the rest of Hockey East 49-43-17 (.528)
                              Wow. .528 is not amazing, but its pretty decent and nothing to scoff at. Why is it they can't even touch those two teams? Is it Leaman and Madigan (as much as I dislike the latter) being great coaches? I don't actually have an answer, but that's a stunning number up there.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                I think Swayman will get a rest. Not sure it matters if they lose a non conference as they have little chance at NCAAs anyway
                                Sway must play as long as he is ambulatory. (Hell, I might even start him over Theisson if he was on crutches.)

Wins vs. SLU won't help much, but losses there will kill Maine's PW, which already at #27.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-24-2019, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X