Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Also, the 11'8" Bridge in North Carolina is my favorite, and I love seeing the videos from ignorant people having their vehicles destroyed because they completely ignored the low bridge warnings.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      I think the industry is struggling to find drivers now, so I wouldn't be surprised if some people are getting hired who might otherwise be rejected.
      It's the same around here with school bus and Metro Transit drivers, too. Basically, if you have a CDL, you're in great demand. So long as you can pass a drug test, which has been a sticking point for too large of a portion of Metro Transit's candidates.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        This is verging into stereotype territory here, so forgive me: Many drivers around here are of Eastern European decent. Many were quite obviously born in Europe. Let's just say that Eastern European culture does not help these guys out when they get into situations
        Just say it - we Polacks aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

*Yes, I know Poland considers itself Central Europe, not Eastern

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Just say it - we Polacks aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer.

*Yes, I know Poland considers itself Central Europe, not Eastern
          Family friend, Polish heritage and can speak the language, has a retort for those jokes. "Do you speak Polish? No? How's it feel to be dumber than a Polack?"

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I'm not willing to go quite that far, but I definitely cannot vote for anyone who identifies with and supports the anti-science, anti-immigrant, and white ethnocentrist planks of the current Republican platform.
            Yeah, that’s effectively what I mean. Do you really see any theoretical GOP nominee who believes in science, supports immigration, and isn’t anti-immigration?

Because I don’t. As such, I don’t see any scenario in the next 10-20 years where a republican actually supports those things. Even a candidate that just believes in science seems like an impossibility.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Family friend, Polish heritage and can speak the language, has a retort for those jokes. "Do you speak Polish? No? How's it feel to be dumber than a Polack?"
              As you know, there are a ton of them in Chicagoland. Going into one of their restaurants is almost like stepping into Krakow, right down to the unsimiling service.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                As you know, there are a ton of them in Chicagoland. Going into one of their restaurants is almost like stepping into Krakow, right down to the unsimiling service.
                Oh absolutely (well, I personally haven't been to Krakow, but the assessment is accurate), and oh is the food so good.

*edit* When the ICE raids were starting a few weeks back, local Chicago media was publishing those ICE information flyers in Polish and asking Chicagoans to relay that information to Polish friends and neighbors, because there still is a large contingent of Polish-only speaking families and the ICE informational flyers were in English and Spanish only.
                Last edited by aparch; 07-31-2019, 12:54 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Have We No Decency? A Response to President Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    I think the industry is struggling to find drivers now, so I wouldn't be surprised if some people are getting hired who might otherwise be rejected.
                    You know, there's a solution for that.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      You know, there's a solution for that.
                      Treat your employees better and compensate them fairly?

What are you, a COMMUNIST?!
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I expect rufus was thinking more along the lines of increased immigration.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Have We No Decency? A Response to President Trump
                          It's just spilled (digital) ink unless the church grabs their Rosary Beads and stands up to this. But I'm glad to see some twitching from the lifeless Christian body who supports Trump.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            If he was, I agree with him.

We're losing a ton of people out of the workforce daily, it seems to me. We're a little bit lucky that either through poor financial planning, bad fiscal management in the country, or maybe even a desire to work longer that many boomers are extending their working career, but it isn't good.

That's why I find it silly when people argue that immigrants are coming in and stealing jobs. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, if you want to move to this country, live here and work here, be my guest. All I ask is that you pay your taxes and obey our laws. Now, if you want a vote in how things are run here, well then you're going to have to go through the citizenship process.

Until we finally move in that direction, the minimum employment standard for things like a truck driver will be "warm body."
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              No, Kep had it.

My employer, last summer, and now again this summer, can't get enough summer help to merchandise accounts, or to build pallets and load trucks at the warehouse. As a result, trucks go out late, accounts get serviced late. Weekly email notifications to anyone in any department who wants to pick up some extra cash to come down to the warehouse and build pallets at night. Company vice presidents loading trucks at night.

Meanwhile, we're setting company records for July sales.

Can't find people to work for you? There's a simple solution for that.
                              Last edited by rufus; 07-31-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Course, building pallets and loading trucks is hard, sweaty work. Young people don't want to have to work that hard these days.

And the older folks, including many on this board, don't think people doing that type of work deserve to be paid well, anyway. Unskilled, disposable. Anyone can do it. Easily replaced.

My answer being, then why can't my company find anyone to do it?
                                Last edited by rufus; 07-31-2019, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X