This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Black Bears 2019: Offseason Approaching

Why is keeper still in the box from 1st period penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
      Why is keeper still in the box from 1st period penalty.
      He should be out at the first stoppage after 9:52

Comment

Not able to watch anymore, seems like its calmed down a bit. And although the refs were pathetic, I will at least admit Maine did themselves no favors on most of them.

Comment

Maine is playing well 5 on 5, a few d mishandlings but still in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            I can appreciate the position Hockey East is in as far as getting more than one team in the tourney, but this is completely ridiculous. Someone from Maine should table a motion to have refs from another conference ref the tourney so its more neutral. It isn't Maine's fault the conference sucks this year.
            Hockey East doesn't suck. There are three teams in already.

Our problem is that Maine sucks, and has sucked for all of Red's tenure.

Comment

Go Friars.

Comment

You can't take ten penalties and expect to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

There wouldn't be three teams in if Maine and BC won their series.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Blocked shots, Primeau and too many penaltys…..

Comment

34 shots, probably 15 blocked shots, 3 pipes, 3 reviewed overturned... frustrating. 70 plus shots in two games for a total of 2 goals. Primeau is about as good as they come, makes tough shots seem routine, steals a couple each game. Reminds me of Jimmy.

Good luck to NU this post season.

Comment

I think as a whole Hockey East the last 2-3 years has dropped from where they have been...no more the top Conference....but I agree the Gendron era[error]continues to stink it up. His idea of rough and tough hockey does not jive in todays game....expect the same next season[2019-20].

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          There wouldn't be three teams in if Maine and BC won their series.
                          Well, that would have been a function of the completely idiotic tournament-AQ provision.

All 3 HEA teams that are in are in because they had solid seasons. If Maine or BC was in, that would have been on the basis of a weekend, and not on the basis of an entire season.

Case closed, on any logical level.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-16-2019, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            I think as a whole Hockey East the last 2-3 years has dropped from where they have been...no more the top Conference....but I agree the Gendron era[error]continues to stink it up. His idea of rough and tough hockey does not jive in todays game....expect the same next season[2019-20].
                            Again, 3 teams in, and I could see UMass winning it all, and maybe even NU or PC.

The traditional powers have gone backwards, but HEA still has a legit shot at the NC.

Comment

Well, that would have been function of the completely idiotic tournament-AQ provision.

All 3 HEA teams that are in are in because they had solid seasons. If Maine or BC was in, that would have been on the basis of a weekend, and not on the basis of an entire season.

Case closed, on any logical level.
                              I don’t disagree with you at all. I’m just making the point that given the system that is in place Hockey East had a strong incentive to see Northeastern and Providence make it to the semis and basically guarantee a spot in the NCAA tourney. I know there is no big conspiracy but the refs certainly know where things stand.

In any case, on to 2020. How are you and everyone else feeling about next year?
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Poll question when Red’s finally let go or retires will he still be 0-for in the quarterfinals or will he have stolen a game someplace?

The state of this program is f-in embarrassing and I really dont want to hear word one othetwise. Win ONE quarterfinal game then tell me about the progress and the positivity. FFs.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X