This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2009 - 2010 -- RIP Nathan Marsters

Today is 8 August 2009. There are 56 days (8 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October for the start of next season.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From the off-season thread:

Moving hockey to accommodate primetime basketball? I bet they don't even get 1000 people for that tournament, and most of them probably will not be of RPI allegiance.

Dr. Jackson, I understand your high hopes, but I just don't think you'll get the good attendance for basketball, especially if you can't fill the Armory if the admission is free. Granted I've never actually been to one of those games mostly because I don't like watching the sport, but I don't know how many around the area do either.
      Yes, but imagine how few people they'd get if they had to accommodate both games going on at the same time? Parking/traffic is bad enough as it is to get to the HFH for ice hockey games. I can't imagine how tough it would be to accommodate for parking for a hockey game at HFH and a basketball game at ECAV at the same time.

It's a matter of public relations. I'm sure there are those (however few) people who care more about hoops than about hockey, and would get quite upset if they had to fight HFH hockey traffic to get to the basketball game. Likewise, they don't want to upset the die-hard hockey fans by having basketball fans taking up valuable parking spots around ECAV/HFH.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
        From the off-season thread:

Yes, but imagine how few people they'd get if they had to accommodate both games going on at the same time? Parking/traffic is bad enough as it is to get to the HFH for ice hockey games. I can't imagine how tough it would be to accommodate for parking for a hockey game at HFH and a basketball game at ECAV at the same time.

It's a matter of public relations. I'm sure there are those (however few) people who care more about hoops than about hockey, and would get quite upset if they had to fight HFH hockey traffic to get to the basketball game. Likewise, they don't want to upset the die-hard hockey fans by having basketball fans taking up valuable parking spots around ECAV/HFH.
        You make a very good point on having two events at different times. However, I would think they'd want to have the lesser-attended event first, since it's easier to get out while people are trying to get in, as opposed to the other way around. Usually people will stagger into an event, but will all leave at the same time. If you have 3,000-4,000 people trying to get out of that area while at the same time trying to get 999 staggering in for another event, you'll see some serious problems with not only traffic, but parking, and even people trying to get into the building.

Either that, or their thought is, "Meh, traffic is awful here after the hockey game, why don't I see what's going on in the other building...", but I don't know how many will do that, and how many will try to get a good seat at Brown's, H&W, or O'Leary's. :P
        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 08-08-2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          You make a very good point on having two events at different times. However, I would think they'd want to have the lesser-attended event first, since it's easier to get out while people are trying to get in, as opposed to the other way around. Usually people will stagger into an event, but will all leave at the same time. If you have 3,000-4,000 people trying to get out of that area while at the same time trying to get 999 staggering in for another event, you'll see some serious problems with not only traffic, but parking, and even people trying to get into the building.

Either that, or their thought is, "Meh, traffic is awful here after the hockey game, why don't I see what's going on in the other building...", but I don't know how many will do that, and how many will try to get a good seat at Brown's, H&W, or O'Leary's. :P
          I can almost guarantee that we'll hear announcements several times during that game.... "After the game, why not head up to the new basketball arena at ECAV and check out the RPI men's basketball team as they take on..." etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
            I can almost guarantee that we'll hear announcements several times during that game.... "After the game, why not head up to the new basketball arena at ECAV and check out the RPI men's basketball team as they take on..." etc.
            You're dead on, JCrawford, probably about as much as they said "Citizen's Bank: Not Your Typical Bank" at the first Governor's Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              ...Usually people will stagger into an event...:P
              Back in the day, I staggered into many games at HFH...
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Today is 9 August 2009. There are 55 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Happy Birthday, Coach Appert!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    Back in the day, I staggered into many games at HFH...
                    Ah-those were the days.....
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Ah-those were the days.....
                      I'm glad I brought fond memories back to the two of you.

Can we just jump to October 3rd? I'd like to be able to watch hockey again, preferably with ice skates than with roller blades (though I wouldn't mind the latter).

Comment

Today is 10 August 2009. There are 54 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Got the first pictorial from LP up incl. some images of Jerry D'Amigo - http://www.uscho.com/pictorial.php/192/

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

I know that Ben Contini has apparently left RPI, but I just noticed that his father, Mark, apparently played on the same Junior team as former Engineers Barry Martinelli and Mike Prpich. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...031831971.html
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I can''t help but ask what sort of Baer-ian quest would have motivated you to be looking at nearly 40 year-old statistics of the Soo Greyhounds and tie that back to a recently departed Engineer.

Comment

Today is 11 August 2009. There are 53 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X