X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Democratic Challengers III: The Wrath of Warren

And we continue...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers III: The Wrath of Warren

Warren needs to find that delicate balance of explaining things without sounding condescending towards the voters. I think that will be her biggest struggle.

I still think she would make a better cabinet member or senator than president. I’d vote for her in a heartbeat though.

In terms of presidential material, I still think the field lacks a person cast from that perfect mold. No one strikes me as a world leader. There are definitely a few that would grow into it. Warren, Biden (but probably too old), Harris, probably Klobuchar. Honestly, they are all cabinet members. Biden is a SoS, Klobuchar Attorney General, Warren is commerce or labor, Yang would fill the other, Inslee EPA, Bullock interior, Castro HUD
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Warren needs to find that delicate balance of explaining things without sounding condescending towards the voters. I think that will be her biggest struggle.

I still think she would make a better cabinet member or senator than president. I’d vote for her in a heartbeat though.

In terms of presidential material, I still think the field lacks a person cast from that perfect mold. No one strikes me as a world leader. There are definitely a few that would grow into it. Warren, Biden (but probably too old), Harris, probably Klobuchar. Honestly, they are all cabinet members. Biden is a SoS, Klobuchar Attorney General, Warren is commerce or labor, Yang would fill the other, Inslee EPA, Bullock interior, Castro HUD
      What he said in the B/U part.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

What's with the love of cabinet seat holders?? They are just mouthpieces

Ben carson?!? Hey now
        Even Betsy just said what she was told to... all "serve at the pleasure of"
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

She should not leave the Senate for a cabinet spot...that is a waste. She either runs for Prez or stays put.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The Onion delivers.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              She should not leave the Senate for a cabinet spot...that is a waste. She either runs for Prez or stays put.
              Correct.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

100% correct.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This battleground tracker poll is a good example of why Sanders and Warren need to consolidate their support behind one candidate to go toe to toe with Uncle Joe. My preference obviously is for Bernie to take one for the team and endorse Warren as she's the better candidate.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-new...-close-behind/

All this is way early of course, but does anybody not think Warren and Sanders are competing for the same portion of the Dem base?
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    This battleground tracker poll is a good example of why Sanders and Warren need to consolidate their support behind one candidate to go toe to toe with Uncle Joe. My preference obviously is for Bernie to take one for the team and endorse Warren as she's the better candidate.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-new...-close-behind/

All this is way early of course, but does anybody not think Warren and Sanders are competing for the same portion of the Dem base?
                    If neither of them are able to make a dent into Biden's control of the African American vote it won't matter how much consolidation happens.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      If neither of them are able to make a dent into Biden's control of the African American vote it won't matter how much consolidation happens.
                      Biden's at about a third and that may be his high point. Sanders + Warren is a larger slice of the pie now and it may grow, particularly if the economy falters.

Long, long way to go. I assume Sanders and Warren have a working deal where whoever is trailing on day x withdraws, endorses, and works for the other. Ideally day x is a month or so before any delegates are committed, which would make it about New Years Day.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 06-17-2019, 08:49 AM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

I assume this was a reply to my post in the other thread?

Either way, I completely agree. My point was that all of the candidates are experts in a certain area as opposed to being a head of state. Or at least what we used to think of as a head of state.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I can't figure out what black people see in guys like Biden. An old, white, entrenched DC elitist who is "blue collar" just because he drops the occasional f-bomb on live TV? A guy who basically blew off Anita Hill's testimony? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I can't figure out what black people see in guys like Biden. An old, white, entrenched DC elitist who is "blue collar" just because he drops the occasional f-bomb on live TV? A guy who basically blew off Anita Hill's testimony? Really?
                            It's the same reason 53% of white women voted for a ***** grabber who said he wanted to lock them up if they ever needed an abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I assume Sanders and Warren have a working deal where whoever is trailing on day x withdraws, endorses, and works for the other. Ideally day x is a month or so before any delegates are committed, which would make it about New Years Day.
                              I wouldn't necessarily assume this. They're both going to take it to at least New Hampshire and I would guess Super Tuesday as well.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              1) Link to Obama. 2) Nobody else has really stepped up including Harris and Booker. 3) There's no candidate from the region (a Stacy Adams for example). Closest thing is O'Rourke, a middle aged white guy.
                              Last edited by Rover; 06-17-2019, 08:59 AM.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                              X