Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU @ UAA: It's Probably Colder In Marquette....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU @ UAA: It's Probably Colder In Marquette....

NMU is coming off a tough series with Bye....

UAA had a rough weekend down in Big Rapids against Ferris...

Critical WCHA points on the line... UAA will probably be looking to correct their missteps... Also interesting to see how the Cats will react to this trip since they will be in the 49th for 10 (?) days...

Oh... Ponies... I'm sure there will be ponies....
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: NMU @ UAA: It's Probably Colder In Marquette....

Actually, it's a 12 day adventure! The team will depart for Anchorage from Marquette early Wednesday morning, stay in Anchorage thru the following Wednesday, then bus up to Fairbanks, before returning on the red eye and arriving back in Marquette late on Sunday the 30th.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Well we haven't been able to score, or stay out of the box. What we have had is steady goaltending. How about NMU? I'm afraid UAA is in for a rough stretch here for a while. We look very hesitant on the ice.
      If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
        Actually, it's a 12 day adventure! The team will depart for Anchorage from Marquette early Wednesday morning, stay in Anchorage thru the following Wednesday, then bus up to Fairbanks, before returning on the red eye and arriving back in Marquette late on Sunday the 30th.
        What a fantastic trip. I would love to spend 12 days in Alaska and definetly need to save up for a big trip.

When is the (potential) next time that NMU can spend two weeks in Alaska? In two years? Four years?
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          NMU is coming off a tough series with Bye....

UAA had a rough weekend down in Big Rapids against Ferris...

Critical WCHA points on the line... UAA will probably be looking to correct their missteps... Also interesting to see how the Cats will react to this trip since they will be in the 49th for 10 (?) days...

Oh... Ponies... I'm sure there will be ponies....
          UAA is not playing well at all. Not only losing but getting blown out.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            UAA is not playing well at all. Not only losing but getting blown out.
            Yeah, reminds me of us in the old WCHA. Thomas better start showing his worth before its too late to climb out of the basement.
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
              Yeah, reminds me of us in the old WCHA. Thomas better start showing his worth before its too late to climb out of the basement.
              Thomas needs to show his worth? How about the players? Are they not responsible for the poor play? Sounds like you put zero thought into this statement, just sayin...
              _AIRBANKS: THE "SPENARD" OF ALASKA.

Originally posted by birdman
              No excuses from UAF fans, UAA beat us.

Comment

The Seawolves are trying something new this year. In the place of a "Coaches Lunch" we have a:
                Coaches Corner radio program at the Alaska Airlines Sports Center is tomorrow, Thursday evening 6:00 PM with Coach Matt Thomas, junior center Blake Tatchell, Northern Michigan head coach Walt Kyle and host Kurt Haider.
                In addition to the conversation with Tatch and the Coaches Kurt opens it up to the audience for any and all questions, comments etc.
                Food and beverages, including beer and wine available for purchase if you like.
                The show is free, open to the public and should be a real good time!
                Last show the Center was full.
                Hope to see you there.
                And if you cant make it live you can tune it in on radio 650 AM.

Any and all NMU fans here for the game are encouraged to attend in person or if you're stuck in that Marquette snow event tune in long distance.
                Guarantee you'll get a warm welcome either way.
                Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 11-19-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  What a fantastic trip. I would love to spend 12 days in Alaska and definetly need to save up for a big trip.

When is the (potential) next time that NMU can spend two weeks in Alaska? In two years? Four years?
                  They only play at Fairbanks next year, then at both the following season, but whether those are back to back won't be know for quite some time.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                    The Seawolves are trying something new this year. In the place of a "Coaches Lunch" we have a:
                    Coaches Corner radio program at the Alaska Airlines Sports Center is tomorrow, Thursday evening 6:00 PM with Coach Matt Thomas, junior center Blake Tatchell, Northern Michigan head coach Walt Kyle and host Kurt Haider.
                    In addition to the conversation with Tatch and the Coaches Kurt opens it up to the audience for any and all questions, comments etc.
                    Food and beverages, including beer and wine available for purchase if you like.
                    The show is free, open to the public and should be a real good time!
                    Last show the Center was full.
                    Hope to see you there.
                    And if you cant make it live you can tune it in on radio 650 AM.

Any and all NMU fans here for the game are encouraged to attend in person or if you're stuck in that Marquette snow event tune in long distance.
                    Guarantee you'll get a warm welcome either way.
                    The welcome has already been outstanding.

Comment

May be the wrong thread to post on buuuuutttttt.......
                      Reading the WCHA TV thread it appears some venues produce a better product than others.
                      Haven't seen a post on how the Anchorage TV show is. Does it flicker? black out? camera follow the play?
                      I assume Kurt Haider announces so I know that part is excellent. Just wondering about the video part.
                      It would be appreciated if someone in the Marquette market would report back here on the quality of the broadcast.
                      Thanks for considering this request!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        The welcome has already been outstanding.
                        So hope to see you at the Alaska Airlines Center this evening.
                        Guess there will be a table or two of you there so it'll be easy to recognize the NMU gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                          So hope to see you at the Alaska Airlines Center this evening.
                          Guess there will be a table or two of you there so it'll be easy to recognize the NMU gear.
                          I'll be there

Comment

Gameday
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by UAA08 View Post
                              Thomas needs to show his worth? How about the players? Are they not responsible for the poor play? Sounds like you put zero thought into this statement, just sayin...
                              The things that are plaguing us this year are things we have seen before, regardless who has been the coach since we joined the original WCHA. Too many penalties (too many penalty minutes, too many major penalties), not enough goals for, spurts of good play intermixed with long stretches of bad hockey, we flat out play just like we used to in the original WCHA. We right now appear overmatched, forgot the beginning season "tournaments" we have consistently been strong in them, then we start WCHA play......

All of this happened to Brush, Tally, Hill, and Shyiak. They all had similar winning percentages (since joining the WCHA as a full-time member), similar postseason success (Brush and Tally, Hill and Shyiak). Thomas had a good (great for us) first season, new ideas, a new outlook, and a new attitude did strides for the team last season.

But, can Thomas sustain this? I hope he can, and if he does he is showing his worth.

We've had basically the same level of recruiting, except: Brush, Tally, and Hill all had more than one NHL draft pick on their teams (just recalling from memory, I don't have the time to research to find it that is true), and they all had guys go the NHL. Shyiak I believe did not have one of his recruits go to the show. I believe. Bailey has a real chance though.

Once you skim off the top of the cream (USHL, undrafted junior players), you are left with the same level of players recruited. Guys from the AJHL, BCHL, NAHL, SJHL, etc. Even the role guys have similar backgrounds.

Last season we had 18 wins, and 16 loses. Yes, we lost our seniors, and our top two goalies. Yes, we lost Bailey due to graduation. Even though he did play a major role in our success he was not the only person on the ice. Yes, he probably played the most minutes shy of the goalies. But, he was not the only player on the ice. Most of the time he had 4 other skaters, sometimes 3, rarely 5 other skaters. Other players will take up his mantle. Just like others took up the mantle of Glencross, Lawson, Clark, etc. Bailey rose to his height, somebody will now rise to his height.

My conclusion, same mistakes in our game, nearly same players (skills wise), so what gives? The coaching position. Our previous head coaches did not leave and do better at another program. Our program is going through what has plagued them for 20 years now, the coach can change that. We did change that last season. While you could turn the blame on the guys, the guys play like this because.....and it hasn't changed in 20 years because.....
                              Last edited by AKSWF; 11-21-2014, 05:56 PM.
                              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                              X