WCHA What If Calculator: 2010-2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA What If Calculator: 2010-2011

Well, Siouxsports has their What If Calculator back up...

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/whatif/index.php?confid=1

Here is what I had...

1. North Dakota - 45 pts
    2. Duluth - 41 pts
    3. Denver - 39 pts
    t4. Wisconsin - 31 pts
    t4. Nebraska Omaha - 31 pts
    6. Colorado College - 30 pts
    7. Minnesota - 28 pts
    t8. Bemidji State - 22 pts
    t8. Anchorage - 22 pts
    10. Mankato - 21 pts
    11. SCSU - 18 pts
    12. Michigan Tech - 8 pts

Obviously it's VERY early, as most teams have only played half their schedule. Anyway, please post your picks and thoughts.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Re: WCHA What If Calculator: 2010-2011

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Well, Siouxsports has their What If Calculator back up...

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/whatif/index.php?confid=1

Here is what I had...

1. North Dakota - 45 pts
    2. Duluth - 41 pts
    3. Denver - 39 pts
    t4. Wisconsin - 31 pts
    t4. Nebraska Omaha - 31 pts
    6. Colorado College - 30 pts
    7. Minnesota - 28 pts
    t8. Bemidji State - 22 pts
    t8. Anchorage - 22 pts
    10. Mankato - 21 pts
    11. SCSU - 18 pts
    12. Michigan Tech - 8 pts

Obviously it's VERY early, as most teams have only played half their schedule. Anyway, please post your picks and thoughts.
    DU and UND have virtually the exact same (easy) schedule the rest of the way. I'd be amazed if those two teams don't finish 1st and 2nd within two points of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
      DU and UND have virtually the exact same (easy) schedule the rest of the way. I'd be amazed if those two teams don't finish 1st and 2nd within two points of each other.
      How about DU's schedule compared to Duluth's?

Both play SCSU at home and Mankato on the road. Duluth gets UNO at home and DU plays UNO on the road (advantage UMD). DU gets Tech at home and UMD plays them on the road (a wash). UMD gets MN at home but DU plays them on the road (advantage UMD). They each play CC, although UMD's are both at CC while DU gets one at home (slight advantage DU). DU host AA and UMD hosts UW(a wash).

I would take Duluth's schedule over DU's any day.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Very similar schedules as far as who they play, but when you look at home/road it's a little different. Sioux go on the road to play the bottom two teams and then the #5 team in conference. Denver plays the #4 team in conference, two teams that are tied for #5, and the team tied for #8 in conference. It's a much more difficult road schedule for Denver. Duluth has a slightly easier road schedule going in than Denver as well, playing at the #5 team in conference, #8 team and #12 team.
        North Dakota

Comment

Where's the option for "What if SCSU pulls its head out of its collective ***"?
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
            If they do that, they could challenge for home ice.
            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              If they do that, they could challenge for home ice.
              In all honesty, I don't think we get home ice, but I would wage dollars to donuts we still finish ahead of Anchorage, Mankato and Bemidji, the first two for sure. MAYBE Sconnie, but I doubt it and we'd need to sweep them at the NHC.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

In all honesty, I don't think we get home ice, but I would wage dollars to donuts we still finish ahead of Anchorage, Mankato and Bemidji, the first two for sure. MAYBE Sconnie, but I doubt it and we'd need to sweep them at the NHC.
                If St. Cloud played up to pre-season billing, they could get home ice. It would be a remarkable turnaround. Saying that, they play a brutal schedule including the top 3 in the conference. It will be difficult moving up, especially with the way they've played the first half, but I've seen quite a few second half surges so I won't rule it out.
                North Dakota

Comment

If I put on my cardinal and black glasses and wish really hard the best I could see it 6th place and trust me that was with a lot of wishing and doing a complete 180.........
                  I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

You have Tech finishing too high.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                      If I put on my cardinal and black glasses and wish really hard the best I could see it 6th place and trust me that was with a lot of wishing and doing a complete 180.........
                      We'll know in January.

28 pts. will be the minimum for home ice. I don't really see much chance for 6th unless you have at least 28 pts. That will also probably require some sort of tiebreaker win.

SCSU can get there, but it would be tough. Basically they need to sweep the 3 January series against Tech and Mankato at home and BSU on the road. If they can do that, then get a split in the 5 tougher series at UNO, UMD and DU, and home against UND and UW, they've got 29 points. But any slip ups and they're going to need to pick up 3+ pts. in the UND or UW series at home, most likely, or they're going to be on the road in the first round.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        How about DU's schedule compared to Duluth's?

Both play SCSU at home and Mankato on the road. Duluth gets UNO at home and DU plays UNO on the road (advantage UMD). DU gets Tech at home and UMD plays them on the road (a wash). UMD gets MN at home but DU plays them on the road (advantage UMD). They each play CC, although UMD's are both at CC while DU gets one at home (slight advantage DU). DU host AA and UMD hosts UW(a wash).

I would take Duluth's schedule over DU's any day.
                        DU is 10-2-1 in their last thirteen games, including road victories against UND & UMD. I'm not too worried.
                        Last edited by dggoddard; 12-14-2010, 04:35 PM.

Comment

May be time for a checklist then.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            May be time for a checklist then.

I miss Chambers' ravings this year about how dominant DU will be (BEST TEAM EVER!!). Now this year we have to settle for Yale.
                            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

DU is 10-2-1 in their last thirteen games, including road victories against UND & UMD. I'm not too worried.
                              So what you're saying is that DU's only losses and draw in their last thirteen games came on the road?
                              North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                              X