• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS: It Can Happen Here Again

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Looks like Itch had to cave a little...

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...rial-01-21-20/

He's not doing this out of the kindness of his own heart...
    I see. They're going to allow 3 days instead of 2 for both sides. 24 hours total each. That's good.

The House Resolution will be put into the record without a vote.

That's two steps in the right direction.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Unless we get 67, nothin.'
      we can stop Trump's awful court picks with a simple majority. that's something.

Trump isn't going anywhere though, and he has a good chance of being reelected

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        we can stop Trump's awful court picks with a simple majority. that's something.

Trump isn't going anywhere though, and he has a good chance of being reelected
        Well, by nuthin' I meant nuthin'. Nuthin' gonna get done for at least 2 and hopefully 4 years.

I'm pretty sure we can't afford that as a nation, given the hole the Republicans have already dug for us.

So what say we beat Dump and take both chambers? And then expand the Court by 4?

These 4:

Last edited by Kepler; 01-21-2020, 01:59 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
          Anyone else seeing ads on mobile in the middle of every few posts over the past couple days?
          Same. Just started a few days ago.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Same. Just started a few days ago.
            Its malware. mookie is draining your bank account as you read this!
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

There’s our Mitt

“ GOP Sen. Mitt Romney, a potential key swing vote, dismissed the outrage from Democrats over an organizing resolution that initially called for a compressed impeachment trial schedule, saying that “our Democratic friends have forgotten the fact that if you call everything outrageous then nothing is outrageous."

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                There’s our Mitt

“ GOP Sen. Mitt Romney, a potential key swing vote, dismissed the outrage from Democrats over an organizing resolution that initially called for a compressed impeachment trial schedule, saying that “our Democratic friends have forgotten the fact that if you call everything outrageous then nothing is outrageous."
                Profiles in courier.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Just Mittens being Mittens! Having said that it doesn't matter to me if they have a vote to include witnesses now or at the end of the speechifying. Its a difficult vote either way for the people in electoral danger. I'd almost rather have it after the House managers have made their case.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    There’s our Mitt

And they find this quote after McConnell already changed away from the compressed timeline. Romney must not be in the loop
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

At what point do the Dem House Managers just play 10 minutes of clips of McConnell and Graham saying impeachment must include witnesses and documents?

Comment

At what point do the Dem House Managers just play 10 minutes of clips of McConnell and Graham saying impeachment must include witnesses and documents?
                        The night is young....
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Anyone else seeing ads on mobile in the middle of every few posts over the past couple days?
                          Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            I think they have a case for arguing against new witnesses. They, however, do not have a case for blocking the evidence already collected.
                            Every impeachment in our history (POTUS or otherwise) had witnesses. What is the argument against them here? Not arguing with you but am curious of the law/precedent.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Every impeachment in our history (POTUS or otherwise) had witnesses. What is the argument against them here? Not arguing with you but am curious of the law/precedent.
                              Just a personal observation based on the witnesses having been called by the House already and having already testified. The Senate would only need them to testify again if they need them to clarify their previous testimony which is what happened with the Clinton impeachment. But, if they need no clarification then there's no reason to call them. As for "NEW" witnesses that's got to be up for a vote in the Senate and if 51 says no then it's no. That's the way it goes.

I do think, however, that the evidence is already overwhelming. But that's just me.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                "If the Democrats really needed to hear from them, why didn't they subpoena them in the House?"
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X