No announcement yet.

WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    How is it you jerks keep finding ways to get me to listen to your stupid podcast...
    Once you get a taste of it, you can't get enough.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      I want to reiterate how disgusted and disappointed I am that the cowardly 7 are ditching the other 3 teams. I get the issues, and I think that we should have found a way to deal with them other than pulling the plug on them. I think it will result in at least one or maybe two dropping D1 hockey and i'm very unhappy about it. I think the 7 should have sucked it up and found a way to help those other schools get better and so what if it costs more. I blame BG in particular.

And to the arrogant BG fan who came up to me at a game and handed me a BG hat telling me that after my team was eliminated I could root for his... Go suck an egg man.
      Very easy to spend the cash of others, isn’t it?
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: WCHA 2019-20 season: We Can Do Better Than Two Bids and a First Round Exit

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        Very easy to spend the cash of others, isn’t it?
        yeah...I'm sad to see it happen but I don't like the idea of expecting those 7 to just throw money at something to help other schools
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          yeah...I'm sad to see it happen but I don't like the idea of expecting those 7 to just throw money at something to help other schools
          so let's say we end up with 7 and then another one pulls the plug and says, it's too expensive we quit. then what?
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
            Once you get a taste of it, you can't get enough.
            I haven't made it through a full episode. Sorry to be blunt, but the handful of interesting things they have to say ought to be USCHO forum posts instead, that way we can be enlightened in one minute instead of sixty. The interview is really the only segment that has potential.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
              I haven't made it through a full episode. Sorry to be blunt, but the handful of interesting things they have to say ought to be USCHO forum posts instead, that way we can be enlightened in one minute instead of sixty. The interview is really the only segment that has potential.
              I prefer the podcast. I can listen to it while working at my desk or in the truck driving across the tundra.

And I haven't listened to an edited version yet. I will do that to hear what they cut out.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                I prefer the podcast. I can listen to it while working at my desk or in the truck driving across the tundra.

And I haven't listened to an edited version yet. I will do that to hear what they cut out.

Same here. I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  I want to reiterate how disgusted and disappointed I am that the cowardly 7 are ditching the other 3 teams. I get the issues, and I think that we should have found a way to deal with them other than pulling the plug on them. I think it will result in at least one or maybe two dropping D1 hockey and i'm very unhappy about it. I think the 7 should have sucked it up and found a way to help those other schools get better and so what if it costs more. I blame BG in particular.

And to the arrogant BG fan who came up to me at a game and handed me a BG hat telling me that after my team was eliminated I could root for his... Go suck an egg man.
                  Blame moi? How do you arrive at that conclusion? Just because we didn't want to be in the league in the first place doesn't mean we are the ones leading...[heavy sigh], yeah...it's probably us.

Our natural rivals don't play hockey (F#c& you, Toledo) and our historic hockey rivals aren't in our league ("Go Green, Go White, Go suck an egg!!"). For better or worse, Tech is the closest thing we have to a "rival" these days. So think of that encounter as sign of love. And you got a free hat!

Comment

so let's say we end up with 7 and then another one pulls the plug and says, it's too expensive we quit. then what?
                    Two points: 1) St Thomas & 2) the CHA lasted 7 seasons with much less stable teams at 6 members
                    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                    ECAC:
                    HEA: UMass
                    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

I think everyone is somewhat disappointed in these events, but I'm not sure what we're supposed to do. In Kato's "regular conference," 2 teams just dropped football. One of them was St. Cloud, which has well over 10.000 students. Sports are expensive, and at our level, there's no great payback. No 50,000 seat arenas, no multimillion dollar television deals, no jerseys on sale in a Minneapolis Wal-Mart. I'd hate to see any of the other 3 schools lose their hockey program, but I'd hate it even more if we get dragged down with them, when we could have saved ourselves by getting out of the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                        I think everyone is somewhat disappointed in these events, but I'm not sure what we're supposed to do. In Kato's "regular conference," 2 teams just dropped football. One of them was St. Cloud, which has well over 10.000 students. Sports are expensive, and at our level, there's no great payback. No 50,000 seat arenas, no multimillion dollar television deals, no jerseys on sale in a Minneapolis Wal-Mart. I'd hate to see any of the other 3 schools lose their hockey program, but I'd hate it even more if we get dragged down with them, when we could have saved ourselves by getting out of the WCHA.
                        Three words: Tuesday. Night. MACtion. Consider yourselves lucky...

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                          It's not for everyone, thats part of the reason I give the segment rundown so you don't have to listen to everything to find the 5 minutes you care about
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Since you are a fan of Auto Racing, think about it in the context of that:

You have your top teams like Mercedes, and Ferrari. ( Top of B1G, NCHC, HE in our case)
                            You have your Mid-tier teams like Red Bull and McClaren (Mid B1G/NCHC/HE, Top WCHA/AH)
                            You have your F1 Field Fillers like Haas and Alfa Romeo (Mid & Bottom of WCHA/AH)

In racing, at no point has Mercedes been tasked with keeping Haas around for the "good of the sport". There is a reason privateer teams weren't able to survive past the 1990s. NCAA Hockey is at a similar point. You have your "factory teams" with mega budgets leading the pack while the bottom of the field is trying to get the same end result with just 25% of the factory teams' budgets. Yea, Minardi had a following and it was a cool story when they ran well (think RIT or Bemdji's Frozen Four), but for the most part, they were an after thought.

NCAA Hockey is following the same evolution that Auto Racing has seen over the past 40 years. You either have money or you don't and you have to pay to play. Unfortunately the teams that you are seeking charity from are also the same ones who are having difficulty staying afloat as it is.
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                              Three words: Tuesday. Night. MACtion. Consider yourselves lucky...
                              As a college football junkie, I am in love with Tuesday Night MACtion.
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I heard BG threatened every AD’s family pets to get them to defect.
                                Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Working...
                                X