Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    ...add 3 more to the list with the 'Canes in town tonight!!!
    d.gerry beat you to it, HR. :-)

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      d.gerry beat you to it, HR. :-)
      Oh, duh...that's right. Still jet lagged I'm afraid
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Ha, ha, ha, d.gerry, you got me on that one. Good game so far tonight, and Foegeli masterfully baited Pastrnak into taking a 2-min minor.

Whenever I visit the Whitt, I cruise around the foyer the long way between the first and second periods on my way from my standing position top row next to the band to join my STH cousins in one of the empty STH seats behind the UNH bench. I like to arrive early (6:15) to watch practice, but thanks for the ticket offer, 32. I will miss Lawlor on Saturday night on my way north. Spending 3.5+ hours in traffic to attend Friday games at the Whitt is a big commitment for me; yes, I want a medal, Chuck. :-)
        Oh, wait, I just learned that this HEA bottom-feeder Friday game is on NESN, so maybe I should save my $12 and avoid driving frustration? Just kidding. :-)

Comment

Oh, wait, I just learned that this HEA bottom-feeder Friday game is on NESN, so maybe I should save my $12 and avoid driving frustration? Just kidding. :-)
          Pretty quiet on the NH front! It is a bit scary playing in a must get 3/4 points weekend. Can't leave points on the table that will most certainly be needed down the road.
          Go Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
            Pretty quiet on the NH front! It is a bit scary playing in a must get 3/4 points weekend. Can't leave points on the table that will most certainly be needed down the road.
            Go Cats!
            You're right ATW. Low hanging points on the table for UNH. Go grab 'em!
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
              Go Cats!
              HR has had these 4 points on her mind for a couple of days now thanks for waking us up! Def a big weekend; won't be easy but it is doable. Let's Go 'Cats!!!
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

HR has had these 4 points on her mind for a couple of days now thanks for waking us up! Def a big weekend; won't be easy but it is doable. Let's Go 'Cats!!!
                SB will have his young Warriors schooled on where all the soft spots are on the ice.

Comment

SB will have his young Warriors schooled on where all the soft spots are on the ice.
                  Listen, I have no bone to pick with Scott Borek. Actually, I've heard a lot of very nice things about him over the years. BUT … if we're looking at what he's accomplished behind the bench at the D-1 level, it's not exactly impressive. He took what was a top-shelf former D-1 championship program at Lake Superior State after the Jeff Jackson era, and managed to bring them down for a "soft landing" in a 5 year span of under .500 hockey. Then he arrived in Durham to replace Brian McCloskey as the lead assistant, and he gradually saw the program erode from its pinnacle down to a much more mediocre level by the time he left. Apparently he left when it became clear that he wasn't Coach Umile's preferred candidate to succeed him, so he snuck on over to Providence for the years after their D-1 title (another slow slide back from past glories), and parlayed that into the top job at Merrimack, where he's not making folks forget about Mark Dennehy, as he quickly has become the second best former UNH assistant to coach at Merrimack (behind the late Chris Serino).

If you ask me, Borek coaching at MC and Souza (and Stewart) coaching at UNH, tells me Coach Umile knew what he was doing when he opted against turning the program over to his ranking assistant.

Thanks Dick!!
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Listen, I have no bone to pick with Scott Borek. Actually, I've heard a lot of very nice things about him over the years. BUT … if we're looking at what he's accomplished behind the bench at the D-1 level, it's not exactly impressive. He took what was a top-shelf former D-1 championship program at Lake Superior State after the Jeff Jackson era, and managed to bring them down for a "soft landing" in a 5 year span of under .500 hockey. Then he arrived in Durham to replace Brian McCloskey as the lead assistant, and he gradually saw the program erode from its pinnacle down to a much more mediocre level by the time he left. Apparently he left when it became clear that he wasn't Coach Umile's preferred candidate to succeed him, so he snuck on over to Providence for the years after their D-1 title (another slow slide back from past glories), and parlayed that into the top job at Merrimack, where he's not making folks forget about Mark Dennehy, as he quickly has become the second best former UNH assistant to coach at Merrimack (behind the late Chris Serino).

If you ask me, Borek coaching at MC and Souza (and Stewart) coaching at UNH, tells me Coach Umile knew what he was doing when he opted against turning the program over to his ranking assistant.

Thanks Dick!!
                    Bottom line these are two games that the 'Cats can and should win. Yeah it's "tough to play in Merrimack" yada yada but we can't afford to lose any points with what's coming after the break. Dig in boys and pucks to the net! GO 'CATS!!!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Bottom line these are two games that the 'Cats can and should win. Yeah it's "tough to play in Merrimack" yada yada but we can't afford to lose any points with what's coming after the break. Dig in boys and pucks to the net! GO 'CATS!!!
                      I only can make the game at the Whii tonight. But, I really hope that UNH fans get the opportunity to sing the "drive home safely" chant at the end of the game on Saturday night, like in the olden days. :-)

Anyone meeting at Libby's pre-game today?

Comment

I only can make the game at the Whii tonight. But, I really hope that UNH fans get the opportunity to sing the "drive home safely" chant at the end of the game on Saturday night, like in the olden days. :-)

Anyone meeting at Libby's pre-game today?
                        Sorry to say that we are in Pa. and will not see a game until the first of the year. So sticking with my 3 point prediction (hope). With that in mind is is always best to win the first game to take some of the pressure off.
                        Go Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Cats should be able to beat Army and Brown, as Bentley shut out both of them. Oh, wait....... :-)
                          But, Bentley has never beaten Mac.

Comment

At Libby’s. Is Snively in the house?
                            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                              At Libby’s. Is Snively in the house?
                              Oops, I tried to reply here a half ago, but my post vanished. Traffic was especially slow going this afternoon, so I made my way straight to the Whitt around 6 pm. But, word is that the game will not begin until after 8 pm because of mechanical problems. So, you can hang at Libby's for a while longer, but they will not let us out now that we are in. Gotta profit by selling more beer and food for the next hour?
                              Last edited by Snively65; 12-06-2019, 06:22 PM.

Comment

But, word is that the game will not begin until after 8 pm because of mechanical problems.
                                Looks like The Whitt is continuing to show its advancing age (hard to believe it's been 24 years now).
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X