Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

Now who will undersexed teen/twenty-something males turn to for libertarian lyrics?

But seriously, he was one of the best drummers. 67 is too young.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Now who will undersexed teen/twenty-something males turn to for libertarian lyrics?
      Geddy Lee lives!
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Geddy Lee lives!
        The Lumineers
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          The Lumineers
          Hadn't heard of these guys so I gave them a listen.

They are extraordinarily not good and I think if confronted by them on the street I would stab them in the face. It's like everything bad about lofi in one trite snivel.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

They are extraordinarily not good and I think if confronted by them on the street I would stab them in the face. It's like everything bad about lofi in one trite snivel.
            Interesting.

Comment

Huh.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I kinda have to agree with Kep, sorta. While talented, they sound rather generic. Too generic. They don't stand out.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  I kinda have to agree with Kep, sorta. While talented, they sound rather generic. Too generic. They don't stand out.
                  You could lump them in I suppose with Arcade Fire, Avett Brothers, etc., but I know exactly who they are when I hear them. Not a huge fan (I've downloaded a few CDs) and they're def a mood band for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    You could lump them in I suppose with Arcade Fire, Avett Brothers, etc., but I know exactly who they are when I hear them. Not a huge fan (I've downloaded a few CDs) and they're def a mood band for me.
                    That's fair. I can definitely relate to "mood band." I have some of those, also.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      No, they suck.

Everything that's wrong with music today.

Comment

I enjoy that kind of music, but their sound just doesn't have "it." They rode the wave of that sound to $$$. No soul, just looking for sales. Not a fan.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Agreed. Horrible band. I think these are the same dolts who wandered around a recording studio with stethoscopes trying to find the best place to stomp/clap.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            I enjoy that kind of music, but their sound just doesn't have "it." They rode the wave of that sound to $$$. No soul, just looking for sales. Not a fan.
                            Again, everything that's wrong with today's music.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              At least Arcade Fire has ideas and talent. Of all those "make wry, keening noises and pull a fey face like you're sensitive and maybe the check out girl at Whole Foods will give you a handy" bands, they are one of the least objectionable.

Oh, and I thought of the band that undersexed teen/twenty-something males can turn to for libertarian lyrics. Vampire Weekend.
                              Cornell University

Comment

At least Arcade Fire has ideas and talent. Of all those "make wry, keening noises and pull a fey face like you're sensitive and maybe the check out girl at Whole Foods will give you a handy" bands, they are one of the least objectionable.
                                They, and The Decemberists.

All the rest of those bands working that same sort of genre, The Avett Brothers, Mumford and Sons, The Head and The Heart, Of Monsters and Men, The Lumineers, Beirut, The National, etc., just blow. Call me when your balls drop, you puzzies.

Oh, and I thought of the band that undersexed teen/twenty-something males can turn to for libertarian lyrics. Vampire Weekend.
                                Can't remember the exact context, but one of the DJ's at the late lamented WFNX was doing some sort of hype thing for their best songs of the year, and mentioned Vampire Weekend in comparison to The Clash somehow. I emailed her and said, "Look, I know you have to hype the crap out of the drivel that your programmers tell you to play, but I know that you don't believe that chit". She pretty much said "yeah".

Comment

Working...
                                X