Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Star Wars IX: rumors, spoilers beware!!!

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    And he had just floated across the desert in a "speeder" so...
    Yeah that is my point. Bassale made it sound like it was weird to awaken someone by touching their head...I am saying that isnt as weird as anything else we accept in the film.

I already said the Force Healing thing wasnt a big deal but it is never an explicit power in any of the main universe stuff. And no Clone Wars and books dont count cause no one pays attention to that
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Yeah that is my point. Bassale made it sound like it was weird to awaken someone by touching their head...I am saying that isnt as weird as anything else we accept in the film.

I already said the Force Healing thing wasnt a big deal but it is never an explicit power in any of the main universe stuff. And no Clone Wars and books dont count cause no one pays attention to that
      He put his hand over Luke’s eyes, barely touching him, and held them there until R2D2 interrupted. He didn’t shake him. He didn’t talk to him. I always took it to mean he was using some kind of force powers (well, after I’d seen it once and learned about the force).

I just watched this with my son a couple days ago because we were cleaning out a box of stuff and we found a VCR and the pre-special edition trilogy and he really wanted to watch (he’s 11 and has never seen the non “enhanced” versions or even used a VCR). This is pretty fresh in my mind. It definitely comes across as he’s doing “something” other than trying to wake him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        And no Clone Wars and books dont count cause no one pays attention to that
        When you say that the Clone Wars don’t count, those started airing 12 years ago. The kids who were watching them are adults and know the show as well as they know the movies. They show may not matter for you because you’re old now, but a lot of younger adults know the show and liked it.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          He put his hand over Luke’s eyes, barely touching him, and held them there until R2D2 interrupted. He didn’t shake him. He didn’t talk to him. I always took it to mean he was using some kind of force powers (well, after I’d seen it once and learned about the force).

I just watched this with my son a couple days ago because we were cleaning out a box of stuff and we found a VCR and the pre-special edition trilogy and he really wanted to watch (he’s 11 and has never seen the non “enhanced” versions or even used a VCR). This is pretty fresh in my mind. It definitely comes across as he’s doing “something” other than trying to wake him.
          I always figured (after the first viewing obviously) that he kind of "force pushed" him or something. Connected to his mind somehow. I honestly never thought Luke was dead. I also didnt much care
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            When you say that the Clone Wars don’t count, those started airing 12 years ago. The kids who were watching them are adults and know the show as well as they know the movies. They show may not matter for you because you’re old now, but a lot of younger adults know the show and liked it.
            I am not saying they dont matter for you and all the other people who watched them. I am saying the only things that matter for the movies are the things specifically mentioned in the movies.

For example people like to fill the plot holes in the last 2 films film with "oh well so and so mentioned in the Illustrated Guide that X happened" or "well in Rebels once Y character did [this] so that explains it!" and that is crap. I mean yeah it is cool for those of you who deal with all of that stuff...but these films are for wide audiences not just the nerds. The dwindling BO proves if you cater ONLY to those fans you will see diminishing returns.

I didnt mean to demean those shows or the fans of them (one of my best friends was obsessed with Clone Wars) just saying the failure of the Prequels and the Sequels to be able to tell a full story within their films and needing outside sources to fill in the gaps is mediocre storytelling, poor planning and is why they arent as good as the OT. (the insult is on Di$ney and Lucasfilm, not their fans) There is plenty of supplemental stuff for the OT (Shadow of the Empire being one of the best books of any of the now LEGENDS) but you dont have to read it to make Jedi make any sense.
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I always figured (after the first viewing obviously) that he kind of "force pushed" him or something. Connected to his mind somehow. I honestly never thought Luke was dead. I also didnt much care
              I don't think anyone is saying he was dead. I just figured he was knocked unconscious/injured and Obi-Wan used the force to help him to recover quickly. Rey, and then Ben, definitely took force healing to a level far beyond this.
              Last edited by BassAle; 01-07-2020, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I didnt mean to demean those shows or the fans of them (one of my best friends was obsessed with Clone Wars) just saying the failure of the Prequels and the Sequels to be able to tell a full story within their films and needing outside sources to fill in the gaps is mediocre storytelling, poor planning and is why they arent as good as the OT. (the insult is on Di$ney and Lucasfilm, not their fans) There is plenty of supplemental stuff for the OT (Shadow of the Empire being one of the best books of any of the now LEGENDS) but you dont have to read it to make Jedi make any sense.
                I prefer it that way. It's more like comic books, Tolkien, etc. The messier the better. Strict canon is boring.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm glad I don't nerd-out on this stuff like some of you guys do.

Comment

https://youtu.be/QH4RiKS_Lu4

We’ll see...
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I walked out of IX completely "meh". Never happened I through VIII.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I demand the #LucasCut of Empire Strikes Back where the Wampas defeat the Imperials on Hoth and Yoda is blue and Lando never betrays Han!

Comment

I’d be fine with original theater cuts of Star Wars, Empire and Jedi on DVD. Disney + has the ****ty versions with Lucas run ning them with CGI and pointless crap like the Wampa eating lunch.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            I’d be fine with original theater cuts of Star Wars, Empire and Jedi on DVD. Disney + has the ****ty versions with Lucas run ning them with CGI and pointless crap like the Wampa eating lunch.
                            I downloaded the Harmy's Despecialized Editions. I highly recommend.

Comment

The infant Yoda species in the Mandalorian story line also possesses a force healing power. “The Boy” and I watched episode 7 the day before we saw The Rise of Skywalker (it aired a day early), and when the infant Yoda species force-healed Greef Karga after the “dragon” attack, “the Boy” said – “Huh... that’s new”. Then when we saw Rey force-heal Kylo Ren in the movie the next night, we had a nice chuckle at how the Mandalorian appeared to have set that up.

Cheers!!!
                              ~TTF
                              Dave
                              RIT - '90

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                I downloaded the Harmy's Despecialized Editions. I highly recommend.
                                Thanks for the heads-up🤘

Comment

Working...
                                X