Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    Big Ten home teams are 13-0 in conference play so far this season.
    That 13-0

Lots of surprises, but Nebraska over Purdue might be the biggest. Nebraska has been awful.

MSU plays at Northwestern this week. It’ll either be a 14 way tie for first, or MSU will have very early separation on the conference.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Re: College Basketball 2018-19: Duke or UNC Losing Is Fine With Me.

And now #1 Kansas goes down to Villanova.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

THE UND Fighting Hawks win their first ever game vs. a Power Five conference, beating Nebraska. Good Job.
        Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

• Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
          THE UND Fighting Hawks win their first ever game vs. a Power Five conference, beating Nebraska. Good Job.
          1) I thought I had read North Dakota had beaten Nebraska 80-something years ago and had 4 all-time wins against big ten schools. Maybe not.

2) Nebraska is far and away the worst major school in men's basketball, bar none. Only one to have never won an NCAA tournament game in its history.

3) The Big East counts as a major basketball conference: the power 5 is a football designation.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
            1) I thought I had read North Dakota had beaten Nebraska 80-something years ago and had 4 all-time wins against big ten schools. Maybe not.

2) Nebraska is far and away the worst major school in men's basketball, bar none. Only one to have never won an NCAA tournament game in its history.

3) The Big East counts as a major basketball conference: the power 5 is a football designation.
            1) I think it was UND's first win against such a school as a D-1 program.

2) Agreed, Nebraska sucks in all respects.

3) The B1G is still a Power 5 conference. I understand the nuance you're stating, but it doesn't change that fact, particularly where the B1G is still a top Basketball conference.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

College basketball had 7 major conferences in February according to ESPN though I wonder if it was going to be whatever it took to rank the PAC-12 as a major conference last year.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

The game before UND, Nebraska beat Purdue,
                Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

• Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                  The game before UND, Nebraska beat Purdue,
                  They also lost to UC Riverside, Southern Utah, and George Mason. And 2 of those 3 were at home.

They suck, plain and simple.

Comment

Clemson beats North Carolina in Chapel Hill for the first time ever today, winning by 3 in OT.

Clemson had lost their first 59 trips to Chapel Hill. Now 1-59!
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Big Ten home teams are now 32-5 in conference play.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

And I guess Sparty decided to not show up against Purdue.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          And I guess Sparty decided to not show up against Purdue.
                          MSU and Mackey Arena don't get along.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

In this corner:
                            KU vs KSU https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...ory/ar-BBZcp6z
                            "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                            Groucho Marx
                            "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                            Ron White
                            "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                            Milo Bloom

Comment

Nebraska had to pull the quarterback and offensive tackle from the football team due to injuries and suspensions.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

per Jeff Goodman

Nebraska head coach Fred Hoiberg been taken to the hospital, source told @Stadium. Was sick, left the game early and was told to go to be checked out immediately.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X