Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2019/2020 Season Thread

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    Moving this from the Harvard thread, because my comments are from a Minnesota perspective ...

The Badgers are likely similar to in-laws in several ways. When you see them drive up, you can predict that it won't be a pleasurable visit. It seems like you see them often enough, but someone (the league/NCAA, your spouse) is always encouraging you to spend even more time with them. They seem pretty well off, but they sure don't seem to want you to get anything. Once they learn that something annoys you, they seem to do it even more. You wouldn't want to leave the house wearing what they wear. If they relocated to Arizona, it might improve your relationship.
    In addition, they apply consistent pressure without ever seeming to wear down, and will attack you in any zone. They have accumulated more hardware over the years than seems proper, and they work together to exploit your weaknesses.

Comment

When you see them drive up, you can predict that it won't be a pleasurable visit.
      So much truth to this. Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt (Literally...For a family reunion).

It seems like you see them often enough, but someone (Your spouse) is always encouraging you to spend even more time with them.
      Funny enough, when they are visiting she complains the most about them but then she keeps inviting them back!

They seem pretty well off...
      You would think so, but then you realize how much money they spend on thinner...

Once they learn that something annoys you, they seem to do it even more.
      They live in a State where nearly 1/4 of the adults drink to excess...That is some deep seated caca going on right there. It only seems natural that they would project that onto someone else.

You wouldn't want to leave the house wearing what they wear.
      True, because with as much thinner as they consume, it may wind up being their birthday suit or not much more than that!

If they relocated to Arizona, it might improve your relationship.
      Maybe, but they would still come back! You would feel some relief that they were further away but you would also feel bad for the native Arizonians having to deal with them.
      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 12-12-2019, 08:50 AM. Reason: Bad Grammer
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Moving this from the Harvard thread, because my comments are from a Minnesota perspective ...

The Badgers are likely similar to in-laws in several ways. When you see them drive up, you can predict that it won't be a pleasurable visit. It seems like you see them often enough, but someone (the league/NCAA, your spouse) is always encouraging you to spend even more time with them. They seem pretty well off, but they sure don't seem to want you to get anything. Once they learn that something annoys you, they seem to do it even more. You wouldn't want to leave the house wearing what they wear. If they relocated to Arizona, it might improve your relationship.
        I love my inlaws, all of them! They are fantastic people. I cannot complain about them. We all have our warts, but it's nothing that prevents us for thoroughly enjoying each other's company, cooking some food, playing some sheephead or pictionary, watching some sports, going to Church, going fishing, celebrating family events. It's a good thing. And I'm 100% sure everyone who lives in WI feels the same way as me. Such a sad state of affairs to the west. You can always cut the cord and try again.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          I love my inlaws, all of them! They are fantastic people. I cannot complain about them. We all have our warts, but it's nothing that prevents us for thoroughly enjoying each other's company, cooking some food, playing some sheephead or pictionary, watching some sports, going to Church, going fishing, celebrating family events. It's a good thing. And I'm 100% sure everyone who lives in WI feels the same way as me. Such a sad state of affairs to the west. You can always cut the cord and try again.
          So, you're saying your in-laws are like playing LIU.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
            So, you're saying your in-laws are like playing LIU.
            Yep.

Comment

Such a sad state of affairs to the west. You can always cut the cord and try again.
              Meh...It's all smoothed over when we set out the tater-tot hot dish and Jello with floaters for supper and all is good.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Former teammate and fellow hall of famer Natalie Darwitz had high praise for Wendell. “Krissy is by far the best hockey player and natural goal-scorer I’ve ever witnessed. And that’s not male or female … that’s hockey player,’’ Darwitz told USA Hockey.

Huge congrats to Krissy Wendell on being inducted into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl...ony/ar-AAK61Pj
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Also congrats to former Gophers Megan Bozek, Dani Cameranesi, Amanda Kessel, Kelly Pannek, and Lee Stecklein who will be skating for the USA National Team against Canada in their 'Rivalry Series' which gets underway this evening, 6:00pm Central. The first game in the series will be televised on ESPNU.

Comment: I'm very surprised that Hannah Brandt did not make the final roster!
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Comment: I'm very surprised that Hannah Brandt did not make the final roster!
                    There are a number of very odd looking roster choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                      The pools on both sides, particularly US seem to be growing. How do you guys think the game looks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                        Really? Were you there to evaluate? Every player chosen has a great history of accomplishment. What’s ODD is maybe if you read some bios you might realize the talent pool available to USA Hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by HNIF View Post
                          Really? Were you there to evaluate? Every player chosen has a great history of accomplishment. What’s ODD is maybe if you read some bios you might realize the talent pool available to USA Hockey.
                          I wasn't there, but I've watched a bunch of games, and Natalie Buchbinder would be my third choice among American defensemen currently playing at Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                            I wasn't there, but I've watched a bunch of games, and Natalie Buchbinder would be my third choice among American defensemen currently playing at Wisconsin.
                            Who do you put ahead, Steffen and Bowlby?

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                              No Brandt, no Decker....I think they are taking the opportunity to take a look at some different players. There's no way Roque and Curl would supplant those 2 in a honest and open tryout.

Comment

Who do you put ahead, Steffen and Bowlby?
                                Correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X