Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Eagles 2019-20 - No Chit!

Yup that makes it worse because they're stopping every car looking for a pass but not everyone going knows that garage requires a pass. So then those people are being redirected to the other garage but it still clogs everything up. I have to drop my dad off at front of Beacon entrance and since I don't have a pass I then have to go back to the other garage. Taking a left to get back on to Beacon is a disaster just so I can go to the other garage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Not trying to be a wise ***** here....are you being sarcastic? About the women’s team, I mean. In agreement about CBS All Access.
      Not sarcastic at all . No one has done less with more than Katie Crowley . She is the Len Ceglarski of women’s sports at BC . I’ve had enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
        Women struggled this weekend with injuries.
        !
        No, they struggle just about every time there is a big game or a trophy on the line .

Comment

ND 1-5-1 in last 7 and 0-4-1 in last 5. Should see a desperate team today. But with the way Knight is playing you have a chance to win every time out. Hopefully BC completes the sweep before ND figures things out again. Either way this has been a successful first semester.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
            Women struggled this weekend with injuries.

Before they built the Fish Field house they should have built a new entrance off Beacon St directly into garage. Instead of taking a U turn when heading East and then a right hand turn into the garage followed by another right hand turn followed by a left turn to access the travel lane, they should have built a travel lane between the garage and the Fish FH. It’s one right or left turn off Beacon directly onto the new travel lane and you would enter the garage at the opposite end. Also, get rid of the parking passes and just get the cars into the garage.

Go Eagles!
            Or just charge a small fee to park for Beacon

Usually a pass means you donated $500 or more to BC athletics during football 🏈 season
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

4-1 after 2 in South Bend. They look very good, really dominating , ND scored with 2 minutes left. Cotton, Hustko and McCain for 2. Nice overall play. 6-1 final, hit at least 3 posts. The win at Providence was the turning point, after that 1-0 OT loss at UNH. They look so much more cohesive and polished, lots of skill out there, they are playing together and Knight is as advertised. He has been better than terrific. JY has them playing excellent hockey.
              Last edited by DNAEagle; 12-08-2019, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Wow. 11-1 combined in two wins vs Notre Dame. 11-4 at the break. The first semester has to be considered an unqualified success. Count me satisfied.
                The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                BC - 12
                BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Honestly, nice to see BC back where they belong, in the upper echelon. Should be some great games with great crowds against BU, PC and NU.
                  Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

6-2 in non conference with the only losses coming to Denver on the road. That is huge. Barring a collapse this should certainly be an NCAA tournament team but now they have the look of a FF contender. Knight two goals or fewer in 10 straight.

Comment

Hey Notre Dame, keep the change ya filthy animal!
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Nice weekend sweep of those damm Gold Domes.
                        UNH

Comment

Time to talk stupid... An NCAA bid is pretty much guaranteed at this point. The #1 seed in Worcester certainly is in play. Yes this is most definitely a Frozen Four caliber team (whether they can get it done is up for debate but certainly they seem to look like a "Top 4" team and will only get better).

Giles and McBain are playing some serious hockey right now and that is really adding another element to this team.

Things look good right now, that of course is subject to change. It would be nice to see them win a postseason trophy for the first time in 8 seasons though.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

We have four lines and a solid goal tender with experienced dmen in front of him. We haven't had a top line like this one since Hayes, Arnold and Johnnie is Good. This one is not as flashy but they are smart, highly skilled and with Cotton in front of the net they are scary good. The other lines are coming along, lot of speed and skill. Lots of fun to watch. Need to stay healthy, particularly Hustko.
                            Last edited by DNAEagle; 12-09-2019, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Really enjoyable to put a full weekend beatdown on such an annoying program/fanbase like Notre Dame. I'm sure it's all the fault of the Hockey East refs.

I don't believe it's perfectly accurate but close enough... Playoffstatus has BC 93% likely to make the tournament, 38% likely to get a 1 seed.

With the Eagles in full-out "Wagon Mode", it's important they just keep things one-game-at-a-time. Lots of depth but injuries are the biggest concern right now. The pieces are in place to do serious damage.

Pretty crazy the schedule is now done for 2019 and now comes almost a month layoff. Let's hope 2020 brings trophies.

Steve G would be loving this.
                              Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 12-09-2019, 09:09 AM.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

This is the deepest team they've had in years. All the great BC teams had an awesome top line and depth. Have really been impressed with Helleson & Warren on the back end, there's a Dumoulin type vibe to Helleson. They've really solidified a weakness from the past few years. The 2nd & 3rd lines seem to be really coming along as well, hopefully Boldy can break out in the 2nd half. Spencer Knight's numbers are stupid, has been everything as advertised. To put into perspective vs. other BC goalies' best years of the past, check out below

Knight .940 SV% 4 SO
                                Demko '15-'16 .935 SV% 10 SO (Junior yr)
                                Milner '11-12 .937 SV% 3 SO (Junior Yr)
                                Muse '07-'08 .921 SV% 3 SO (Freshman Yr)
                                Schneider '05-'06 .930 SV% 8 SO (Sophomore Yr)
                                Clemmenson '99-'00 .914 SV% 3 SO (Junior Yr)

Comment

Working...
                                X