Ohio State At Michigan Round 1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State At Michigan Round 1!

Man, we sure looked like we had molasses in our veins tonight. Outside of some great pressure in the 2nd, Michigan couldn't really do much. And when we got a 5m PP, nothing. Well, unless you count the really slow skating back to get the puck. ugh.

OSU does look a lot better than they have in the past. And took full advantage of Michigan's slow legs and rather obvious passing.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Man, we sure looked like we had molasses in our veins tonight. Outside of some great pressure in the 2nd, Michigan couldn't really do much. And when we got a 5m PP, nothing. Well, unless you count the really slow skating back to get the puck. ugh.

OSU does look a lot better than they have in the past. And took full advantage of Michigan's slow legs and rather obvious passing.
      Like I said before, beating you guys on your home ice is not an easy thing to do. No other arena in the CCHA has the atmosphere that Yost has. We have a lot of confidence in our new coaching staff but with so many young guys we weren't too sure how quickly they would come together as a team. The difference between how they looked several weeks ago and now is amazing. The problem of committing too many penalties seems to be rearing it's ugly head again tonight, lucky for us you guys didn't make us pay dearly for it. Knowing Red the way we do I'm sure he'll make the guys know how unhappy he is and light a fire under them for tomorrows game. Would NOT want to be in the locker room when Red's pis*ed! lol!
      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-18-2011, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Great win for the Buckeyes tonight as historically, we have not done well at Yost Ice Arena. Cal Heeter continues to be a wall in net for us and it sounded like our pk really bailed us out tonight with all the penalties. It's a shame this one wasn't on tv down here in Ohio. I get Fox Sports Detroit with my DirecTV package and turned over to that channel but they were showing a hs football game. As much as I love Buckeye hoops, I would much rather have seen this one on tv instead of OSU's 85-41 win over Jackson State. BTN dropped the ball on that one!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
          Great win for the Buckeyes tonight as historically, we have not done well at Yost Ice Arena. Cal Heeter continues to be a wall in net for us and it sounded like our pk really bailed us out tonight with all the penalties. It's a shame this one wasn't on tv down here in Ohio. I get Fox Sports Detroit with my DirecTV package and turned over to that channel but they were showing a hs football game. As much as I love Buckeye hoops, I would much rather have seen this one on tv instead of OSU's 85-41 win over Jackson State. BTN dropped the ball on that one!
          While listening to OSU's game I was watching the Notre Dame/Boston University game. As exciting as our game was it doesn't get much more exciting than when the puck trickles past the goaltender for the win just as the clock hits 0 to give ND the win.

Comment

Boy what a win tonight for the buckeyes. Doing what only 3 teams have done in that building since 1989 is something special. What we have witnessed over the last month has been nothing short of amazing they looked pretty bad in that thursday night game at MSU and have not lost since. Coach has them playing good hockey right now and you see it all over the ice. I thought michigan had the better chances all night long for the most part but cal and the defense turned them aside. I really didnt think that 5 minute penalty should have been a 2 minute penalty but they killed it off with some help from michigan. When shorthanded i thought the Bucks did a great job of keeping the puck to the outside michigan really didnt get good looks from the slot and when they did get a chance the shot was either blocked(which the guys did a great job all night) or Cal made a save. Now tomorrow night I would like to see cal a have a little better control with the rebounds he left some and looked shaky on some shots. We know Michigan will come out flying tomorrow night and the buckeyes better be ready to play. The first 10 minutes will be huge and the first goal even bigger.

Comment

Working...
            X