Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, Back to Back Champions!

Pretty crazy that the guy is younger than Ryan Braun.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Lucroy's done catching for the year, although not done overall.
      Nelson is done for the year.
      Six Shuckers called up, but not Arcia.
      Braun is having back surgery after the season.

The Cubs look like they have a little bit of magic this year, but it's easy to look like that against the Brewers. It's also easy to look like that with Arrieta on the mound.

A week and a half left, and as awful as this season has been, I'm still going to miss it. Should be a very interesting offseason for the Brewers.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if Stearns scraps the 3 run home run offense plan of Melvin's. I'd like to see fast guys hit for above average and play great d with a couple power guys mixed in. Also what will his approach be to the pitching be, New bullpen every year? And what to do with Braun?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          It will be interesting to see if Stearns scraps the 3 run home run offense plan of Melvin's. I'd like to see fast guys hit for above average and play great d with a couple power guys mixed in. Also what will his approach be to the pitching be, New bullpen every year? And what to do with Braun?
          There is nothing he can do with Braun is there?
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I thought this was a pretty good read. I enjoy reading what JP Breen has to say most of the time:
            http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=27513

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              There is nothing he can do with Braun is there?
              I think Braun is cemented. He never seems to be truly healthy for an entire season, and he has a huge contract. They'd have to take less (or give up cash), and at this point, he's not much of a PR problem. When he's healthy, he's still one of their most effective offensive weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                I think Braun is cemented. He never seems to be truly healthy for an entire season, and he has a huge contract. They'd have to take less (or give up cash), and at this point, he's not much of a PR problem. When he's healthy, he's still one of their most effective offensive weapons.
                Yeah, they'd have to eat a ton of money and with his health issues, I have to think he's unmovable.

Comment

Only 146 days till pitchers and catchers report Jen.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Peralta is done as well. Brewers will use 6 rookies for the rest of the season.

Jungmann
                    Pena
                    Wagner
                    Cravy
                    Lopez
                    Davies

just like they drew up on Opening Day.
                    Last edited by jen; 09-24-2015, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Well, that game was easily the highlight of the season. At least they got one.

It's too bad Pittsburgh couldn't take advantage, but.. Arrieta.

Comment

We got the 5th pick in the draft, so there's that. Interesting to see who they bring in for the coaching staff (all except Coles and Sedar were fired). My first reaction was, "They kept the hitting coach and fired the bullpen coach?" Here's to next season.
                        Last edited by icebadger; 10-06-2015, 08:25 PM.
                        Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                        Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                        sigpic
                        Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                        1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by icebadger View Post
                          We got the 5th pick in the draft, so there's that. Interesting to see who they bring in for the coaching staff (all except Coles and Sedar were fired). My first reaction was, "They kept the hitting coach and fired the bullpen coach?" Here's to next season.
                          Haudricourt said that the bullpen coach was guilty by association, since Counsell considers the starting pitching and bullpen. to be one entity. Confused me that they kept the hitting coach too, especially with that language.

Other thing Haudricourt tweeted was that Counsell is looking for the right people to teach and bring their experiences, not "Yes" men.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Facebook has reminded me that 4 years ago today, Nyjer Morgan sent the Brewers to the NLCS. Sigh.

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Haudricourt said that the bullpen coach was guilty by association, since Counsell considers the starting pitching and bullpen. to be one entity. Confused me that they kept the hitting coach too, especially with that language.

Other thing Haudricourt tweeted was that Counsell is looking for the right people to teach and bring their experiences, not "Yes" men.
                            Exactly. Coles isn't guilty by association? I guess we don't know what goes on between the coaches and players and behind closed doors.
                            Last edited by jen; 10-07-2015, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Brewers' report card from JSOnline: Team Grades and Player Grades.

Interesting how none of the major player grades (minus the starting pitching) were that bad, but the overall grades were. They didn't grade anyone that was traded away.

Several As, all in the bullpen. Only the second F I can remember seeing. Well-deserved.

Comment

Brewers picked up Adam Lind's option for next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X