X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Originally posted by lynahfan View Post
    murder, rape, and....um...being a gopher fan?
    Let's not be divisive here...

Some very fine people are murderers.

About an hour after I wrote that on here last night, I got a message from a friend up in another village linking an article in the Nome Nugget (what a super-amazing name for a newspaper, btw) about a contract rape. Contract. Rape.

What a completely bizarre thing. My mind was quite blown. I can't quite bring myself to link the article, because the details are so grizzly and so completely the opposite of funny, but this quote from the DA is fabulous:
    I've never seen or heard of a case like this before," Jamgochian said. "It is unique.
    Last edited by duper; 05-07-2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Georgia town not ready for a black employee
      https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...se-he-is-black
      Sherriff??
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

"It's not the fact that I don't like homo sapiens," one respondent said, "it's just that we've always lived without them."

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Both sides.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Both sides.
              Well I am sure some students at NYU blamed it on Chelsea Clinton
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You know who I really dislike? Thespians. They are all out driving Subarus and wearing flannel and such...to heck with them!

For reference to both these posts, oddly enough, was the 1950 FL Senatorial campaign, where George Smathers accused his opponent of Claude Pepper of:
                1. Had a brother who was a "practicing Homosapien"
                2. Had a sister who was a "thespian"
                3. Had "matriculated" with young women

Smathers won, btw.

Edit: Thank you, "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader"
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That reminds me of P.T. Barnum's "This Way to the Egress" sign at his museum that he put up when the place was starting to get too crowded so that he wouldn't have to turn people away. Of course, it's entirely possible that the Barnum story is apocryphal. Hell, it's possible that Barnum himself is apocryphal and never actually existed, like Shakespeare and Jesus. But sometimes a story doesn't have to be true to be true.

And before you get all bent out of shape, I know Shakespeare existed. It's a joke!

Comment

I read both those stories in a "strange but true" book in the 70s. Or it may have been the "weirdest stories" portion of the Book of Lists, the reason I know what an aglet is and what antidisestablishmentarianism means.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The comments are a pure gold mine...

LOL Ben should have done his research..... the guy writes for a British right wing mag!
                      I cant believe Ben Shapiro aborted this interview. He should have been forced to carry it to term.
                      Debate champ.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                        That reminds me of P.T. Barnum's "This Way to the Egress" sign at his museum that he put up when the place was starting to get too crowded so that he wouldn't have to turn people away. Of course, it's entirely possible that the Barnum story is apocryphal. Hell, it's possible that Barnum himself is apocryphal and never actually existed, like Shakespeare and Jesus. But sometimes a story doesn't have to be true to be true.

And before you get all bent out of shape, I know Shakespeare existed. It's a joke!
                        The Barnum story was true. He was a master marketer.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                          The Barnum story was true. He was a master marketer.
                          Yep, very interesting life. Ups and downs all around (but really a lot of downs).

Comment

Appalachian hiker murdered by machete man. Build the wall! Err...

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...hete-attack-on

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Appalachian hiker murdered by machete man. Build the wall! Err...

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...hete-attack-on
                              What does the Wall have to do with it? (FTR, against the wall)

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                What does the Wall have to do with it? (FTR, against the wall)
                                It’s a joke. We keep hearing about how migrants commit all this crime and here’s another home grown white man killing people

Comment

Working...
                                X