X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    Talking with some vendors at the State Fair, White Claw was the most demanded drink. Dafuq
    Is White Claw one of those hard seltzer waters? The market for those have exploded over the last couple years, according to the figures given out on NPR's Marketplace program.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Is White Claw one of those hard seltzer waters? The market for those have exploded over the last couple years, according to the figures given out on NPR's Marketplace program.
      Yeah, that's what it is. Negligible amount of calories and gluten free, so it's popular with the health nut Millennial brotato #gainz types.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Ugh, the house buying process both sucks and blows.

We visited three houses yesterday. The first one was barely within our price range, the second well within our price range, and the third also within our comfort zone, about halfway between the first two houses. The first house, while it had great potential, and I liked the location, my wife thinks it's too far out into "the sticks" (it's in Eagan, just north of Diffley Rd, basically one interstate exit north of LwB). The second house was the smallest of them, in great condition, and the owners were creative in making the most of the home's available space. The third house was amazing, and seemed too good to be true; the amazing features of the house, the square footage, and so on and so forth, but located very near Robert St. in West St. Paul. The house next door looked a little sketchy, but the house was so impressive that we were just overwhelmed with the opportunity. It was the clear favorite until we got home and did a search on crime report sites. My wife was still in favor of it until a few minutes ago, when she called the local PD to see if they could give any more info. Their reply to her was pretty much to stay clear of the house, and find another home in the city - the house next door has been that much of a nuisance for the police. Too good to be true was sadly too right. Ugh.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

For Cinco de Mayo, we have the Running of the Chihuahuas, and now there is: https://www.wharfdc.com/upcoming-eve...-at-the-wharf/.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-09-2019, 01:56 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A quiet weekend in boston sports, eh?
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Evening, Lodge.

The one night I had something going on during the week, of course work went to hell. Got slammed, needed at main building. Well, never made it, b/c the UPS night pickup was full, had to call in backup, so waited an additional half-hour for another truck to come in. Had to cancel my after-work activity, rescheduled for tomorrow. This was the only the 2nd night in, I dunno, 3-4 months that I was needed at the main building/was held late. What are the odds? *sigh*
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s'upp y'all
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                    A quiet weekend in boston sports, eh?
                    writer in the glob today wrote ab "makes kyrie irving look like nelson mandela"
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I am fully aboard the White Claw train. No shame at all. I've found that to be the best tasting of the big name brands, there are some local breweries who also have solid ones though.

I don't think it's going to be strictly a fad, I think it will have staying power. There's actually reports of a national shortage happening now/recently with White Claw. I believe I saw something close to 300% growth in the past year or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                        I am fully aboard the White Claw train. No shame at all. I've found that to be the best tasting of the big name brands, there are some local breweries who also have solid ones though.

I don't think it's going to be strictly a fad, I think it will have staying power. There's actually reports of a national shortage happening now/recently with White Claw. I believe I saw something close to 300% growth in the past year or something.
                        358% I believe. Crazy.

I started on the White Claw train last fall for tailgating.. it hit a new level this summer on the pontoon. I love White Claw and will keep it in my repertoire.
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          writer in the glob today wrote ab "makes kyrie irving look like nelson mandela"
                          I read that

I'm not much of a football fan anymore but this whole situation - and everyone's collective loss of sanity - is absolutely hilarious to me.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Hi Lodge!
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Ugh, the house buying process both sucks and blows.

We visited three houses yesterday. The first one was barely within our price range, the second well within our price range, and the third also within our comfort zone, about halfway between the first two houses. The first house, while it had great potential, and I liked the location, my wife thinks it's too far out into "the sticks" (it's in Eagan, just north of Diffley Rd, basically one interstate exit north of LwB). The second house was the smallest of them, in great condition, and the owners were creative in making the most of the home's available space. The third house was amazing, and seemed too good to be true; the amazing features of the house, the square footage, and so on and so forth, but located very near Robert St. in West St. Paul. The house next door looked a little sketchy, but the house was so impressive that we were just overwhelmed with the opportunity. It was the clear favorite until we got home and did a search on crime report sites. My wife was still in favor of it until a few minutes ago, when she called the local PD to see if they could give any more info. Their reply to her was pretty much to stay clear of the house, and find another home in the city - the house next door has been that much of a nuisance for the police. Too good to be true was sadly too right. Ugh.
                              If you lived in this area of "the sticks", you would pretty much you would live between me and DL. He lives off Yankee Doodle exit. I love this area. Everything I need is right here and both Minneapolis and St. Paul are a 10 minute drive.

Good Evening, Lodge!
                              Originally posted by Skeeterman
                              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                                If you lived in this area of "the sticks", you would pretty much you would live between me and DL. He lives off Yankee Doodle exit. I love this area. Everything I need is right here and both Minneapolis and St. Paul are a 10 minute drive.

Good Evening, Lodge!
                                That is NOT the sticks. bbdl lives in the sticks. You have to go way further south to get into the sticks. I dare say just south of Prior Lake, just north of Coates, that kind of thing.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X