Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Enemies lists. Everything old is new again.

We have to beat him and beat the GOP and drive fascism off the continental shelf.

Some good news, if you believe in hope.

I understand that racists and phobes raise racist and phobic children and so we will never be actually rid of them, but unless the Republicans get their way and end democratic elections we should be able to contain them as they gradually kill themselves off in their rat-, gun-, illiteracy-, and pollution- infested red states. This problem contains its own solution. They are self-segregating to places that are the most dangerous, least healthy, least educated, and least competent because they are the majorities there. It's a virtuous cycle. Let them.

Stop trying to nurse back to health the hyena that will rip your face off the second it has the strength. We have our own to take care of. These people have had their chance. They have opposable thumbs. They could have chosen to be civilized, they were just too lazy and selfish.
    So I take it your retirement plan is to move to Arkansas ASAP and share your good fortune with the poor people.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      The Secret Service is not there to keep his schedule straight, there's WH staff for that. The Sec. Service is there to keep him alive. Sadly.
      That makes sense I guess. I figured they would have all Dump's movements mapped out and changing them on a regular basis would cause problems.

The staffing was who I referred to in the 2nd half of the question. These people have to be blacklisted among any future R's who want to play the game at the highest level. This admin can not be viewed internally as a good thing, can it? It has to be a talking point on how to NOT run things when you're in control.

As popular as it is to say that all R's are idiots, we all know that is not the case. Anyone, be it R or D, who can make a career in DC has to know how the game is played.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I mean seriously, all kidding aside, watch this and look at the body positioning and facial expressions: https://***********/nycsouthpaw/stat...13194923585537

That is not someone who is in good health.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Comment

From Churchill and FDR to this clown show.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              How does the secret service not straight up tell him "Sir, you need to be at ______ at 11:30am. We need to leave now."?

Serious question on this. The R's in Washington can't be this dumb. They have to realize they Trump is hurting the "brand". Guys that have made a 20+ year career out of politics have to see this, right? How can there not be internal blow back on stuff like this?

I'm asking this as someone who knows that there is a political game, but doesn't really understand the nuance required to play. To become a player in Washington, you have to know how to manipulate people. I can't see people who can work on that level being happy that they are being bossed around by a toddler....
              They're all afraid of his base. That base listens to him, and votes for who he tells them to. Stand up to him, and expect to get primaried in a hurry. Gutless, spineless traitors to our country, the whole lot of them.

I would guess he missed the meeting either cause he just didn't want to go. I doubt if his condition is so bad that he could be temporarily incapacitated from doing something, grandpa looking for the pants he's wearing. But he's not right.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

He missed it on purpose. Of course he has handlers. His base will be mad if he gives any credence towards science because republican voters are full on single celled dung

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  So I take it your retirement plan is to move to Arkansas ASAP and share your good fortune with the poor people.
                  My retirement plan is to live long enough to p-ss on the last Republican voter's grave.

They are headed the way of the Whigs. They just need a little push.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

My retirement plan is to live long enough to p-ss on the last Republican voter's grave.

They are headed the way of the Whigs. They just need a little push.
                    A worthy objective. And I think you'll get your wish, when Trump was nominated I predicted it would bring about the end of the GOP and benefit the Democratic Party in the medium term. I see no reason to second-guess.
                    As for what will take its place, no idea. Maybe the return of the Whigs.

The only thing I see possibly interrupting the death of the GOP, is the death of Trump. If Pence gets the throne, all bets are off.
                    Last edited by geezer; 08-26-2019, 01:15 PM.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

What will follow will be a regrouping of the right. A party is temporary, the right is perennial.

I can imagine something called "the Republican party" continuing to exist but being an entirely new entity, like the second Washington Senators. The first Republican party has already rebranded in all but name as a fascist party.

I have no idea what a 21st century post-fascist conservative party will look like. It will be a new thing. Imperialism and plutocracy were 19th century, fascism and libertarianism were 20th century. The next conservative party will of course be a fig leaf for the rich -- that is the function of a conservative party in a democratic state. But the form hasn't been born, yet. It will come out of the chaos of the fall of American fascism.

Our job is to see that the fall is non-violent or at any rate that the harm is restricted to those who deserve it. Contain them and let them kill each other.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 08-26-2019, 02:24 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

What will follow will be a regrouping of the right. A party is temporary, the right is perennial.

I can imagine something called "the Republican party" continuing to exist but being an entirely new entity, like the second Washington Senators. The first Republican party has already rebranded in all but name as a fascist party.

I have no idea what a 21st century post-fascist conservative party will look like. It will be a new thing. Imperialism and plutocracy were 19th century, fascism and libertarianism were 20th century. The next conservative party will of course be a fig leaf for the rich -- that is the function of a conservative party in a democratic state. But the form hasn't been born, yet. It will come out of the chaos of the fall of American fascism.

Our job is to see that the fall is non-violent or at any rate that the harm is restricted to those who deserve it. Contain them and let them kill each other.
                        It's easier to keep the shell of the Republican Party and rebuild it from scratch (All the ballot space they'd still have) then to build a "Conservative Party", unless they control things so long that Republican becomes synonymous with fascist. We have bigger problems, then.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

“JUST IN: The vice chairman of the Federal Election Commission submitted his resignation letter to President Trump, leaving the agency without the necessary number of commissioners to vote on proposed actions or provide enforcement ahead of the 2020 election.”

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecu...unable-to-vote

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            “JUST IN: The vice chairman of the Federal Election Commission submitted his resignation letter to President Trump, leaving the agency without the necessary number of commissioners to vote on proposed actions or provide enforcement ahead of the 2020 election.”

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecu...unable-to-vote
                            The FEC was without a quorum for a long time. It was one of John Oliver's first stories IINM.

In general the FEC is toothless because it is required to have bipartisan membership and whenever there is consideration of a regulation to protect voting rights, mandate paper trail for machines, or punish bribery or cheating the GOP member tables it.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              It's easier to keep the shell of the Republican Party and rebuild it from scratch (All the ballot space they'd still have) then to build a "Conservative Party", unless they control things so long that Republican becomes synonymous with fascist. We have bigger problems, then.
                              I don't see the Republican party entering a post fascist phase for a long time. Its what their voters want, so no pivot. Seems the genie is out of the bottle.

The GOP has been running the same guy for Prez for the last 50 years. From Nixon on down, they're always corrupt to varying degrees while tolerating racism to advance the political goal of tax benefits for the rich and corporations. Even Bush Senior, generally thought of as a personally good person, approved of the Willie Horton ads. Chump may be the worst of the bunch, but he's merely saying out loud what they all whispered amongst themselves previously. The party will change when bitter old white racist dead-enders are no longer the plurality of the base. Right now they're the supermajority!
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                I don't see the Republican party entering a post fascist phase for a long time. Its what their voters want, so no pivot. Seems the genie is out of the bottle.
                                The GOP only exists as a vehicle for the rich to get their policy preferences. The instant that fails they will make it something else. The will of their brain dead electorate doesn't enter into it. Those people are just trained seals. Their owners will simply train them to think something else.

It was easy to exploit Republicans' natural racism and fundamentalist credulity, but it will be almost as easy for the Plutes to find different levers and different fears to play on. The Left grows from the bottom up; the Right is dictated from the top down.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X