Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Frozen Four: NCHC vs. Hockey East

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    I prefer a bengal tiger, they can swim the three rivers.
    Wouldn't that be a Monongahela Tiger then?

Comment

I'm passing this year. It's the first one I've missed in 10 or 11 years accept for Pittsburgh. Too long of a haul for such a dismal locale. I went to Fargo last weekend and even though it is 10X more dismal than Buffalo, it was a good trip. Love the rink and the results were beautiful! It was the first regional I've been to since 2010 when RIT beat us in Albany. Nice to get that monkey off the back!
      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        Yes, I understood why you made the comment. And my comment was a knock on the BU "fanbase" which has dwindled to almost nothing. When I said "Friar fans" I meant that ALL of the "neutral" (ok 99%) fans were rooting for Providence (or if you want to look at is as "against BU" that's fine too).
        SO why are people talking about Providence being able to win away from home when both of Duluth's Championships were won in MN? (Yeah, not Duluth, but clearly the fan favorite.)

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
          SO why are people talking about Providence being able to win away from home when both of Duluth's Championships were won in MN? (Yeah, not Duluth, but clearly the fan favorite.)
          pc could have taken a commuter rail to win their single national championship (did they win? Mookie can’t remember)

Could Duluth have done the same to win either of their two?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            pc could have taken a commuter rail to win their single national championship (did they win? Mookie can’t remember)

Duluth is about 2.5 hour drive or so from the Twin Cities, but many people who went to college up there live down here.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post
              Oh man you’re killin me. I know... haven’t missed a UMD frozen four in my adult-ish life

What!?!? Like $250-400 from Denver it’s just the layovers that kill me. With all those hours spent on layovers it could make more sense to fly to Detroit, Cleveland or Toronto and rent a car. Certainly opens up options you’d probably be renting a car anyways gotta see the falls and get to Toronto!!

I’ll spend whatever $$ find a way if they go to the championship. I just remember how ****ty of a time I had in Boston when they lostin the semis I did not want to be in Boston at all after that (not like i had anything else better to do).
              Well...I'm going. I'm driving the whole way, but I'll be there. I tried looking at flights to every airport around, prices were still hovering over $600 a piece no matter where I looked. It'll be an interesting drive with these storms coming our way...
              "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Is it really a fair argument, as is Duluth close to anywhere in the United States? Or easy to get to from any major U.S city?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisP View Post
                  Is it really a fair argument, as is Duluth close to anywhere in the United States? Or easy to get to from any major U.S city?
                  Duluth is a 2.5 hour drive to the Twin Cities. For a comparison, those in Providence, RI would need to drive to Portland, ME for it to be a comparable drive.

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                    Duluth is a 2.5 hour drive to the Twin Cities. For a comparison, those in Providence, RI would need to drive to Portland, ME for it to be a comparable drive.
                    You're right that's tough. Providence to Boston is only about 50min., and you can make it to NYC in around 3 hours with no traffic...

Comment

You're right that's tough. Providence to Boston is only about 50min., and you can make it to NYC in around 3 hours with no traffic...
                      It's all relative haha. Those on the east coast would balk at that kind of drive, but in college I used to drive from Duluth to the Twin Cities for a day trip. Hell, I've driven 50 miles just to go to a Chipotle. So not exactly an equatable scenario.

Comment

Hahaha, you said no traffic......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pc88 View Post
                          Hahaha, you said no traffic......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Key word...NO traffic! There is always a ton between those two cities!
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Looking for something to do on Friday in Buffalo. The weather looks like it will be rainy and I am not feeling like driving to Toronto. Any suggestions?
                            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                              Well...I'm going. I'm driving the whole way, but I'll be there. I tried looking at flights to every airport around, prices were still hovering over $600 a piece no matter where I looked. It'll be an interesting drive with these storms coming our way...
                              I have a flight from the midwest on Thursday and at this point I am guessing it will be cancelled. You will have a better chance of making it by driving.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                Looking for something to do on Friday in Buffalo. The weather looks like it will be rainy and I am not feeling like driving to Toronto. Any suggestions?
                                Not in Buffalo, but I think that Niagara Falls (the falls, not the town) are a must see, if you have not visited. Remember to bring your passport. :-)
                                Last edited by Snively65; 04-08-2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X