Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 18-19 season

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    You must not be on Twitter or Instagram because a lot of junior programs or coaching programs make posts like this when their players commit to DIII. Some of them actually produce some good graphics.
    Exactly. Happens all the time nowadays in both men and women.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
      LOL. well you sure seem to care since you respond to every post...and claim that these "teams" are good for the game. SFI
      You are indeed a complete idiot and obviously can't read or perhaps it's your comprehension and retention abilities that are so sadly lacking. I have been highly critical of schools like Daniel Webster, Wilkes, and the like, that so clearly insult our sport with their ignorance of how to start and operate a women's program. I believe I once posted that the NCAA shouldn't let teams of a certain minimum roster size participate in a college hockey season. I have a history of criticizing schools that so obviously don't know what they are doing, don't properly commit to and support their women's programs, and those that don't treat their women's programs in an equitable manner to their men's programs. I talk about college programs...apples to apples. Nobody really cares about whether or not a U14 team or any other age group of youth hockey team can beat these crappy so-called college hockey programs. It's a moronic point. I've seen good U10 teams that could beat crappy U14 teams but guess what, nobody cares about that either!

Comment

I agree shelfit. Verbal Commitments are actually only valid at the D-1 level. The NLI website is very clear on this. To support you point, why do people even do this at D3???

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        Lol this looks like RPI's thread when they get commitments except those are D1 verbal commitments and this is a D3 verbal commitment. I can't recall the last time I saw a D3 commitment published publicly like this.
        Last edited by agfire; 01-31-2019, 02:17 PM. Reason: mispell

Comment

Originally posted by agfire View Post
          I agree shelfit. Verbal Commitments are actually only valid at the D-1 level. The NLI website is very clear on this. To support you point, why do people even do this at D3???
          The players do it because choosing a college and being recruited to an NCAA program is a milestone in their life, even if it's DIII. As with any milestone in the social media era, they want to share that online with their social media followers (usually comprised of their family, friends, teammates, etc). Many people of their age share their college choice even if it's not involving a varsity team.

Organizations do it for a few reasons:

1) Treating all of their players' commitments as big deals (not just D1) is good marketing to their prospective players and their families. That they are invested in their futures and celebrate their accomplishments with them.
          2) It makes their program look better by showcasing as many players down the roster as possible. Instead of publicizing 3 players went D1, they publicize that they had 3 D1 commits 3 more to the big 7 DIII and say 2 more to the other DIII programs. It shows the growth of all of the players in the class, not just the stars.
          3) Celebrating with their players as a family and as they progress through their college career (for example I've seen The Gunnery, Lady Ducks and others congratulating their DIII alumni on their accomplishments like NCAAs or conference awards on social) keeps them feeling a part of the family, a feeling they hope is is still there if they need to turn to alumni for financial contribution or other alumni help (expertise, mentoring current students, etc).

I don't see the harm it does either party to be concerned about it.

Comment

Looks like Plattsburgh has recruited their first Canadian player since Leonard and Fadel left after the 16-17 season. Will we ever see the number of Canadian women in DIII Women's hockey return to previous levels of a few years ago or is what we're seeing now permanent?

Build the Wall on the Canadian Border!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
              Yeah but you forgot to mention that the game was close for the first 14 seconds.
              Elmira has no class! Karma is real Elmira & the Hockey Gods are watching

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                You are indeed a complete idiot and obviously can't read or perhaps it's your comprehension and retention abilities that are so sadly lacking. I have been highly critical of schools like Daniel Webster, Wilkes, and the like, that so clearly insult our sport with their ignorance of how to start and operate a women's program. I believe I once posted that the NCAA shouldn't let teams of a certain minimum roster size participate in a college hockey season. I have a history of criticizing schools that so obviously don't know what they are doing, don't properly commit to and support their women's programs, and those that don't treat their women's programs in an equitable manner to their men's programs. I talk about college programs...apples to apples. Nobody really cares about whether or not a U14 team or any other age group of youth hockey team can beat these crappy so-called college hockey programs. It's a moronic point. I've seen good U10 teams that could beat crappy U14 teams but guess what, nobody cares about that either!
                Exactly, bumblef;kk. So you agree with me [my point was that these so called "programs" have no business playing NCAA hockey. GYAFR

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

So I was looking at the Pairwise and trying to visualize a Bracketology as of January 31, 2019. It would appear there are five eastern teams and five western teams that would get in as of today: Plattsburgh (NEWHL), St. Thomas (MIAC), Adrian (NCHA), Middlebury (NESCAC), Norwich (NEHC), Nichols (CHC), Elmira (Pool B), Wisc River Falls (Pool C), Hamline (Pool C), and GAC (Pool C). If I did this right, all three Pool C teams would come from the West.

We would have two first round games and this is where it gets interesting. Adrian is only within 500 miles of one other potential team in the tourney. The only way I can find to avoid a flight in the QF round would be to slate Elmira (3) and Adrian (5) to play in the QF. It would also require both QF games to be either in the east or in the west. That would require either #1 Plattsburgh or #2 St. Thomas to play in the first round. You could have Plattsburgh (1) play Nichols (10) or have St. Thomas (2) play GAC (8).

Any thoughts?
                    Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95
                    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                      So I was looking at the Pairwise and trying to visualize a Bracketology as of January 31, 2019. It would appear there are five eastern teams and five western teams that would get in as of today: Plattsburgh (NEWHL), St. Thomas (MIAC), Adrian (NCHA), Middlebury (NESCAC), Norwich (NEHC), Nichols (CHC), Elmira (Pool B), Wisc River Falls (Pool C), Hamline (Pool C), and GAC (Pool C). If I did this right, all three Pool C teams would come from the West.

We would have two first round games and this is where it gets interesting. Adrian is only within 500 miles of one other potential team in the tourney. The only way I can find to avoid a flight in the QF round would be to slate Elmira (3) and Adrian (5) to play in the QF. It would also require both QF games to be either in the east or in the west. That would require either #1 Plattsburgh or #2 St. Thomas to play in the first round. You could have Plattsburgh (1) play Nichols (10) or have St. Thomas (2) play GAC (8).

Any thoughts?
                      Is there anything preventing them from setting up the bracket to do two first round games on Friday night like they did with GAC and UWEC just because they have 10 teams? Because if those are the teams I would do:

Nichols/Middlebury @ Plattsburgh
                      Norwich/Adrian @ Elmira

GAC @ Hamline
                      UW-River Falls @ St. Thomas

Comment

Is there anything preventing them from setting up the bracket to do two first round games on Friday night like they did with GAC and UWEC just because they have 10 teams? Because if those are the teams I would do:

Nichols/Middlebury @ Plattsburgh
                        Norwich/Adrian @ Elmira

GAC @ Hamline
                        UW-River Falls @ St. Thomas
                        First round games are on March 6. Quarterfinals are on March 9.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          First round games are on March 6. Quarterfinals are on March 9.
                          Well that's shooting themselves in the foot...they could have had some flexibility in neutral games if they did the first round on March 8th.

Comment

• Have to believe St Olaf will be shopping for a new coach at the end the season. Not a single win so far?! Wow! I didn't think that was possible except for new programs at schools that don't have a clue about women's hockey. Being winless with 5 games left in their season is shocking! They could very easily go winless for the season!

Comment

Interesting weekend of hockey, with Evangelous scoring her 100th career point for Elmira, St. Catherine's tying GAC, a zamboni causing a suspended game between Stevenson/LVC and Amherst almost completing a comeback against Plattsburgh.

Big week ahead, especially for River Falls, who hosts St. Thomas on Wednesday and Eau Claire on Saturday. Norwich also has a big match up tomorrow when they visit the Panthers.

This is the current Top 15 in PairWise:

Rank Team PWR W-L-T Win % Win % Rank RPI RPI Rank
                              1 Plattsburgh 65 18-2-0 0.9000 3 0.6804* 1
                              2 St. Thomas 64 18-0-2 0.9500 1 0.6687* 2
                              3 Elmira 63 18-2-1 0.8810 4 0.6615* 3
                              4 UW-River Falls 62 19-2-0 0.9048 2 0.6556* 4
                              5 Adrian 61 16-4-1 0.7857 7 0.6318* 5
                              6 Hamline 60 16-1-3 0.8750 5 0.6145* 6
                              7 Middlebury 59 12-3-3 0.7500 10 0.6115* 7
                              8 Norwich 58 16-4-2 0.7727 9 0.5886* 8
                              9 UW-Eau Claire 57 17-4-2 0.7826 8 0.5853* 9
                              10 Williams 56 12-4-3 0.7105 11 0.5820* 10
                              11 GAC 55 11-5-5 0.6429 22 0.5749 11
                              12 Hamilton 54 12-6-2 0.6500 21 0.5680 12
                              13 St. Scholastica 53 13-5-1 0.7105 11 0.5608* 13
                              14 Endicott 52 12-4-4 0.7000 13 0.5563 14
                              15 Potsdam 51 7-6-3 0.5312 31 0.5510 17

Nichols, currently leading the CHC standings, is ranked 31st in the PairWise. That 31st ranking makes it the fourth amoung the CHC teams in PairWise ranking.

Comment

Interesting weekend of hockey, with Evangelous scoring her 100th career point for Elmira,

Congrats... you were able to score 3 on Kings and 5pts vs Chatham. Wow, impressive... roll eyes! She has 1 goal in 6 games that count this year (Middlebury, Platt, Amherst, Williams, Norwich and Platt again).

Comment

Working...
                                X