Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018-2019 Ohio State Hockey! Return to the Show in Buffalo!

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
    they haven't proved much on the ice yet.
    Oh come on D, where's your optimism?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      When it comes to "little brothers" I hate to say it but BG has more NCAA appearances than us plus a National Championship back in '84.
      Got to give credit where it's due.
      No argument there. All 3 Ohio programs have struggled with long bouts of mediocrity, but BGSU is the only one of us that's ever made it to the promised land. All the credit in the world for that. BG fans are a lot like us too. They stick with the program during the downturns and don't act like god's gift to the sport the moment they taste a little success.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
        No argument there. All 3 Ohio programs have struggled with long bouts of mediocrity, but BGSU is the only one of us that's ever made it to the promised land. All the credit in the world for that. BG fans are a lot like us too. They stick with the program during the downturns and don't act like god's gift to the sport the moment they taste a little success.
        They are the permanent keepers of the Mason Cup as well. Didn't see it last trip up there. At least I got to hoist it once.

Comment

ESPN unanimously predicts Ohio State as this seasons National Champions!

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...-watch-2018-19

Comment

ESPN unanimously predicts Ohio State as this seasons National Champions!

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2...-watch-2018-19
            I saw this a few days ago and was surprised.

Comment

With all the 1st place love OSU is getting I'm not trying to by my posts rub it in the faces of other team's fans It's just we seem to finally have the right pieces on and behind the bench and to me it's like after a long dark winter to finally feel the first warm sunbeam of spring on my face.
              I just want to soak it in as long as I can as we all know this could be our year OR it can all come crashing down. Time will tell.

Comment

With all the 1st place love OSU is getting I'm not trying to by my posts rub it in the faces of other team's fans It's just we seem to finally have the right pieces on and behind the bench and to me it's like after a long dark winter to finally feel the first warm sunbeam of spring on my face.
                I just want to soak it in as long as I can as we all know this could be our year OR it can all come crashing down. Time will tell.
                I became a fan of Ohio State hockey my freshman year in 1984. A floor mate was on the club team and turned me onto the sport. I've stuck with this through the bright spots and the long wanders in the desert. This year, I feel like Andy Dufresne after he's crawled through a mile and a half of human waste to come out into the cleansing rain. The last piece of the puzzle is our 5K barn, Gene. Are you listening, Gene?

*******https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...033842********
                Last edited by Eddie Schorr; 10-12-2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Schorr View Post
                  The last piece of the puzzle is our 5K barn, Gene. Are you listening, Gene?

*******https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...033842********
                  Why would we want one of the smallest rinks in the conference with 5K? You of course meant 10K!

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
                    Wow, change up the colors and your old barn is our Oceanside. Right down to the press box and low ceilings. Our seats are five rows deep on one side. And one small section at one end for the students. Not ideal at all. Thanks for positing that link!
                    You know Revs during the pre-game broadcast and during the game the announcers were talking about how Ohio State may have a disadvantage in playing in such a small arena. That would not be true.
                    You saw the pics of our old ice but because our current arena is a multi use facility housing both men & women's basketball as well as concerts the ice isn't always available so we shuttle over to the old barn for practice quite often so we are still quite used to the small confines.
                    Your broadcast guys did not know this.

Comment

3-2 win tonight. We had moments where we looked good but still I thought a lost of rust but what to expect from the first game and with new players on ice?
                      I though ASU's goals were from our D not quite being in position and replay for the officials to see or not that ASU second goal looked questionable but no replay for viewers and only a brief glimpse.
                      PP looked the best of our play tonight.
                      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-12-2018, 11:48 PM.

Comment

You know Revs during the pre-game broadcast and during the game the announcers were talking about how Ohio State may have a disadvantage in playing in such a small arena. That would not be true.
                        You saw the pics of our old ice but because our current arena is a multi use facility housing both men & women's basketball as well as concerts the ice isn't always available so we shuttle over to the old barn for practice quite often so we are still quite used to the small confines.
                        Your broadcast guys did not know this.
                        They are students and often times hear that teams will not be accustomed to playing in the building. So they are still learning. But yes, your guys will not see much difference from the old barn.

Comment

3-2 win tonight. We had moments where we looked good but still I thought a lost of rust but what to expect from the first game and with new players on ice?
                          I though ASU's goals were from our D not quite being in position and replay for the officials to see or not that ASU second goal looked questionable but no replay for viewers and only a brief glimpse.
                          PP looked the best of our play tonight.
                          You had a decent amount of fans at the game. Not as many as Alaska had in last week, but they were all great to chat with. It was fun to see your team in person after watching them on TV last year. Lots of speed and skill and few guys that show some nice grit. After your two perfectly executed power play goals in the second, I was worried how we would answer. Our second goal was a good one. There are replays on twitter that showed that his stick was not high. But overall, I'm happy with your effort. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Comment

You had a decent amount of fans at the game. Not as many as Alaska had in last week, but they were all great to chat with. It was fun to see your team in person after watching them on TV last year. Lots of speed and skill and few guys that show some nice grit. After your two perfectly executed power play goals in the second, I was worried how we would answer. Our second goal was a good one. There are replays on twitter that showed that his stick was not high. But overall, I'm happy with your effort. Looking forward to tomorrow night.
                            Big Ohio State alumni presence in Phoenix/Scottsdale. ASU played tough, but I expect the Buckeyes to come out a little more focused tonight. Time to put away their pre-season press clippings and actually live up to them. I think tonight will show a lot. If ASU keeps it close again--or heaven forbid, wins--I think you can look forward to a pretty successful season the rest of the way.

Comment

I wish I could have seen replays of that 2nd goal but I don't do twitter, not for my generation.
                              Should be a good game tonight as ASU knows we aren't invulnerable and after getting that first game under our belts we'll see how much more we can bring our play tightly together.
                              Also so early in the season coach may be tweaking lines yet as well.

Comment

I wish I could have seen replays of that 2nd goal but I don't do twitter, not for my generation.
                                Should be a good game tonight as ASU knows we aren't invulnerable and after getting that first game under our belts we'll see how much more we can bring our play tightly together.
                                Also so early in the season coach may be tweaking lines yet as well.
                                We would still need to play a virtually flawless game to get the win. Staying out of the box will be even more critical for us than normal and we will need continued solid play from our goalie. And I have to imagine you guys are better tonight with a game under your belt. Either way it is great for our program to have you all come out to Tempe.

Comment

Working...
                                X