Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: North Dakota? Come On, Ohio Is The Worst State Ever.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: North Dakota? Come On, Ohio Is The Worst State Ever.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Let me guess...you think he will win
    No.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      It's all part of recruitment. *shrug*
      Fine by me. Eisenhower gave us the interstate highway system to move tanks around. We got to the moon to win a stupid d-ck measuring contest. We got minimum wage to boost corporate revenue by having people able to afford the products they made. We got a free trade zone among all the colonies so that local aristos didn't have to pay the cream to the crown.

It worked out well for us. People don't need to have good motives to enact good policies.
      Last edited by Kepler; 01-23-2020, 03:24 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        ...Eisenhower gave us the interstate highway system to move tanks around. ...
        I call bullsh**.

The Interstate system was first bandied about to Congress in 1939 with the "Toll Roads and Free Roads" report from the Bireau of Public Roads (one of the original entities of our current Federal Highway Administration). Interstate highways were first started in 1947 (after the bill authorizing them was approved in 1944). And 40,000 miles were built in eight years, which was the cap of the original 1944 bill.

Ike pushed for the extension to that bill, the "Federal Aid Highway Act of 1956" which is what gave the boom to the modern interstate system. But it was going to have good support in Congress no matter who the President was at the time.

Interstates as military routes first, civilian use second is false. (It's actually reversed, civilian use was the intended reason, with a lightbulb going off over the generals heads saying "hey! We can use them too!")

And that whole thing about interstate as airstrips? Faker than Fox News.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Interstates as military routes first, civilian use second is false.
          I didn't say this. What I had in mind is analogous to widening the streets of cities in the 19th century to allow troop movements and prevent citizens from barricading. Urban pacification. That is true. It doesn't mean it was the only reason. After all, we also went to the moon for the science.

I had never heard the airstrip legend. That's funny (although when you drive them in the West you can easily see how it got started).
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Fantastic.
            Hey, if he wins his first term, you'll get the second term for free!

The guy is shady as hell for his business practices. The constant "sale" investigation for starters.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm conflicted. Yeah, he's a POS...but it's the best pillow I've ever had.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I love my down pillows. Haven’t been able to sleep on anything else.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Can't stand feather/down pillows. 80-90% of pillows at mid-to-high end hotels are the worst pieces of sh*t for sleeping. Put your head down, end up with your head and neck in a canyon and the pillow around your ears.

Comment

Can't stand feather/down pillows. 80-90% of pillows at mid-to-high end hotels are the worst pieces of sh*t for sleeping. Put your head down, end up with your head and neck in a canyon and the pillow around your ears.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Never had that problem. I almost always like the more firm ones. I double bag them at home in two opposite ended pillow cases. Helps keep them firm. I’m also a side sleeper.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Never had that problem. I almost always like the more firm ones. I double bag them at home in two opposite ended pillow cases. Helps keep them firm. I’m also a side sleeper.
                        That's a good idea!

I am an everything sleeper. Front/back/side. I end up switching naturally throughout the night so my back doesn't get wonky. Awake or not, if I'm in a single non-moving position for any long amount of time...ugh. At this point, my body just does it on its own. I don't even wake up.

Comment

I started doing it to keep the feathers at bag and stop poking. The firmness was just a fantastic side benefit.
                          Code:

Comment

*at bay
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I started doing it to keep the feathers at bag and stop poking. The firmness was just a fantastic side benefit.
                              That's the part that caught my eye.

Comment

I have a firm sleeping or hugging pillow, which is roughly the size of 2 regular pillows in one, united together end to end. It's great for sleeping on your side. My wife prefers the narrower tube shaped ones that are very prevalent in this part of the world. I also try not to sleep (if I can choose) with anything less than 4 regular pillows if I don't have my long one.

Comment

Working...
                                X