• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Fossier. And there ain't no flags...

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      Well couldn’t see his skates but the goalies face was buried in Tralmaks’ hind end. Then got kind of take down. Seemed like a good no goal call if I am being honest.
      Wahooooo!

Fossier buries it.... from a behind the goal line feed from Doherty cross ice!

Comment

Never seen a 2-0 OT win before, but I'll take it. Good to win.

Comment

I'm stunned Gravelhead didn't call a penalty on JSS for running into the goalie.

Nice win. I think that guarantees Merrimack can't catch them, so they'll finish at least ninth!

Comment

Sway Shutout!!!
            Last edited by NorthMike; 02-16-2020, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Yes!!!

Comment

Good energy in the old girl tonite

Comment

Fans are energized

Comment

Back in the mix? Good deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI
                      Tied for third now, right?
                      Tied for fourth. BC and UMA are tied atop Hockey East, BU a point behind in third. Then Maine and Lowell a point behind. Then Northeastern and Providence a point behind. UConn in eighth, another point behind. UNH ninth, another point behind. First and ninth separated by five points.

However, BC and NU have only played 18 games; UMA, BU, Lowell, and UConn have played 19; Maine, UNH and PC 20.

Based on winning percentage, Maine is sixth.

Comment

Maine back in the tournament.

Albany bracket:
                        Maine vs Cornell
                        Clarkson vs Northeastern

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          Maine back in the tournament.

Albany bracket:
                          Maine vs Cornell
                          Clarkson vs Northeastern
                          Probably won't hold-up, but I hope it does. That would be very entertaining, and probably well-attended.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                            Well couldn’t see his skates but the goalies face was buried in Tralmaks’ hind end. Then got kind of take down. Seemed like a good no goal call if I am being honest.
                            Sucks they never showed goaline cam, they started to and then stopped. If Tralmaks was in crease, it was his skates and not much more. I though goalie was trying to get up high to cut off angle and ran into Tralmaks who was out of or a skate into the crease? That camera angle would have showed what happened.

Not much talk about Swaymans shut out, he has played so well all year its just a ho hum event I thinks thats his first SO of the year?

Big win, thought they played better in 3rd. Got more physical as game went on. PK with 6 minutes left in 3rd was a thing of beauty. Still lacking offense other than 1st line.
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Sucks they never showed goaline cam, they started to and then stopped. If Tralmaks was in crease, it was his skates and not much more. I though goalie was trying to get up high to cut off angle and ran into Tralmaks who was out of or a skate into the crease? That camera angle would have showed what happened.

Not much talk about Swaymans shut out, he has played so well all year its just a ho hum event I thinks thats his first SO of the year?

Big win, thought they played better in 3rd. Got more physical as game went on. PK with 6 minutes left in 3rd was a thing of beauty. Still lacking offense other than 1st line.
                              A very big win! You are right on about Swayman. He played another great game and won another game for Maine. UConn out shot Maine 41-26. Without him Maine loses.

Comment

I think one of the most important factors for Maine for the rest of the year from this point will be if the second line can chip in offense more routinely. Them getting hot was a big factor in the win streak we had going on. It would especially help if JSS could get off the milk carton and back on the ice, he was white hot to start the year then has been invisible since November.

Comment

Working...
                                X