X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2019-2020

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    It was called no goal on the ice, not sure why the review took forever it was pretty obvious there were six skaters plus the goalie. What I want to know is why they weren’t called for too many men on the ice since that’s why it was a no goal.
    Per the NCAA rules book There is no penalty for premature substitution:
    Rule 75 - Premature Substitution
    75.1 Premature Substitution - When a goalkeeper leaves the goal area and proceeds to the players’ bench for the purpose of substituting another player, the skater may not enter the playing surface until the goalkeeper is within five feet of the bench. If the substitution is made prematurely, the official shall stop play immediately unless the non-offending team has possession of the puck, in which event the stoppage will be delayed until the puck changes possession. There shall be no time penalty to the team making the premature substitution, but the resulting face-off will take place at the center ice face-off spot when play is stopped beyond the center red line. When play is stopped prior to the center red line, the resulting face-off shall be conducted at the nearest face-off spot in the zone where the play was stopped. In all other situations not covered in the above, a minor penalty may result for too many players on the ice (see Rule 78).
    75.2 Announcement - The referee shall request that the public address announcer make the following announcement: “Play has been stopped due to premature substitution for the goalkeeper.”

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      It was called no goal on the ice, not sure why the review took forever it was pretty obvious there were six skaters plus the goalie. What I want to know is why they weren’t called for too many men on the ice since that’s why it was a no goal.

Also, the PA at Lawler sounds like Charlie Brown’s teacher. Could not understand half of what he said.

Why was Harper’s goal called off? Did it not go in?
      Harper's goal did not go in, went off the crossbar and out.

They actually had 7 skaters and a goalie on the ice. The 7th was coming off after inadvertently coming on pre-puck drop. He was 10-15 feet from the bench when the puck was dropped. So they had the 6 they wanted, the goalie who didn't come off, and the 7th guy all on the ice when the puck was dropped. They scored because the whole BU team was screaming *** is going on.

Absolutely laughable that the linesman didn't see this and dropped the puck. I think they got away with no penalty because technically it was an incomplete line change and the linesman rushed the puck drop without allowing it to complete.
      Last edited by brassbonanza; 01-17-2020, 10:53 PM.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

They actually had 7 skaters and a goalie on the ice. The 7th was coming off after inadvertently coming on pre-puck drop. He was 10-15 feet from the bench when the puck was dropped. So they had the 6 they wanted, the goalie who didn't come off, and the 7th guy all on the ice when the puck was dropped. They scored because the whole BU team was screaming *** is going on.

Absolutely laughable that the linesman didn't see this and dropped the puck. I think they got away with no penalty because technically it was an incomplete line change and the linesman rushed the puck drop without allowing it to complete.
        Speaking of interesting face-offs, I remember a game vs PC when the whistle blew that the puck was to be dropped but the PC center ignored it and continued to try and set his players so the linesman dropped the puck despite the Friars not being set and ready. The BU center just put a nice shot on net that went in as the goalie wasn't set either. I believe PC complained, but the goal stood.

There was also a game vs Maine where the Black Bears took a peanlty with a few second left and after it was put up Coach Walsh sent five players out on the ice. They were allowed to set themselves and the linesman dropped the puck, so Maine played with too many men for the last few seconds.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
        NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

My take on it was that Borek tried to switch up his defense, but it was too late. One of the refs did the old "no, you have to go back to the bench". But then the puck dropped long before those two guys got back to the bench. Why the ref didn't immediately blow the whistle I don't know. I have never seen play be allowed in that scenario at the college level, unlike say youth hockey. So the play should have been blown dead, but I thought Merirmack got screwed because those two guys being late to get off the ice didn't impact the play at all.

But that was just what I saw, I might have missed an early substitution for the goalie.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Any video of this? Guys scrambling off the ice might not impact the play except if you do have the other team basically not playing because of it and not ready for the faceoff. Sounds like something you'd really have to see to draw a conclusion.

Comment

There was a quick drop on the faceoff while one MC player was skating off the ice, but I think if that was the only issue the goal would have been allowed.

Ignoring that player, MC still setup in the offensive zone with 6 skaters playing, while the goalie was in the net. No chance the goal was going to count, the call on the ice was no goal because one of the refs knew what had happened the whole time. Why the play wasn't blown dead already for too many men already I don't know.

Comment

regardless.

just better win tonight.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  My take on it was that Borek tried to switch up his defense, but it was too late. One of the refs did the old "no, you have to go back to the bench". But then the puck dropped long before those two guys got back to the bench. Why the ref didn't immediately blow the whistle I don't know. I have never seen play be allowed in that scenario at the college level, unlike say youth hockey. So the play should have been blown dead, but I thought Merirmack got screwed because those two guys being late to get off the ice didn't impact the play at all.

But that was just what I saw, I might have missed an early substitution for the goalie.
                  https://***********/BOShockeyblog/st...61844584325120

That video shows 6 MC skaters in the play. In addition to that, the goalie was in net and a 7th skater was scrambling back to the bench. There were 8 MC players on the ice when the puck was dropped.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    regardless.

just better win tonight.
                    Yes, yes but will your boys be nervous playing in front of an actual crowd? Just kidding , youze have been .500 or better in Conte ova the years I’m thinkin

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      Yes, yes but will your boys be nervous playing in front of an actual crowd? Just kidding , youze have been .500 or better in Conte ova the years I’m thinkin
                      BU is 19-21-5 all-time at Conte, 17-20-5 in league play, with 3 shutouts for (2 in the past three seasons) and 2 against. BU is 2-0-1 in their last 3 games at Conte, with their last loss on 15 January 2016, so no current Terrier has lost there.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                      NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        BU is 19-21-5 all-time at Conte, 17-20-5 in league play, with 3 shutouts for (2 in the past three seasons) and 2 against. BU is 2-0-1 in their last 3 games at Conte, with their last loss on 15 January 2016, so no current Terrier has lost there.

Sean
                        Cool . Continuing to rock it Sean, thanks . Should be fun as always .

Comment

, so no current Terrier has lost there.

Sean
                          The Scarlett kiss of death
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            The Scarlett kiss of death
                            😂
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Sean
                              It’s amazing how no matter how bad or how good one team is, the actual games are close because of the rivalry

Tonight was another example of a close game but on paper BC should have dominated

No lead tonight was bigger than 1 goal

On to Maine next weekend 🦅
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                                It’s amazing how no matter how bad or how good one team is, the actual games are close because of the rivalry

Tonight was another example of a close game but on paper BC should have dominated

No lead tonight was bigger than 1 goal

On to Maine next weekend ��
                                Except games at Agganis.

Comment

Working...
                                X