X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
    Good outing for Thiessen, as he get a shutout.
    It was. And the USDT team certainly is more talented than The Q, if it was anything like the other iterations I've seen.

D-1 teams are generally 5-6 years older, but the members of the USDT teams are going places.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-12-2020, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      It was. And the USDT team certainly is more talented than The Q, if it was anything like the other iterations I've seen.

D-1 teams are generally 5-6 years older, but the members of the USDT teams are going places.
      A line up shows where they are going to school first...
      https://mobile.***********/USAHockeyNTDP/status/1216134562755031042/photo/1

Wish Maine logo was on that sheet...

Comment

2 big points for Maine if they can win versus UConn on Wednesday @ Bridgeport,CT. UConn/Maine/UNH are tied for the last playoff spot with 10 points...UConn has played one game more then Maine, while counting the UMaine/UConn game UNH will have 3 games in hand to improve there totals. UConn has played Maine tough the last few seasons...hopefully Maine can take a win...all points here on in are important at not just moving up the standings but to be in the Playoffs(1-8).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          2 big points for Maine if they can win versus UConn on Wednesday @ Bridgeport,CT. UConn/Maine/UNH are tied for the last playoff spot with 10 points...UConn has played one game more then Maine, while counting the UMaine/UConn game UNH will have 3 games in hand to improve there totals. UConn has played Maine tough the last few seasons...hopefully Maine can take a win...all points here on in are important at not just moving up the standings but to be in the Playoffs(1-8).
          This is a game that Maine absolutely should win, but hasn't been able to for whatever reason over the last few years. I hope they can come through this time.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
            This is a game that Maine absolutely should win, but hasn't been able to for whatever reason over the last few years. I hope they can come through this time.
            Swayman with 40 saves and maybe the offence can muster up 3 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              As far as Swayman for the Hobey Baker Award, he should have his name mentioned in it...he has kept Maine afloat. Listening to the Omaha play by play yesterday they raved about Swayman and said they thought he was one of the top netminders in the nation that they have seen. And not to be bias he "IS"..!!!
              Been off the grid for a couple weeks...
              Sway is the best player on the Maine team. No doubt. But he is surprisingly not at the top of goalies, statistically, in Hockey East, therefore nationally as well.

6th in GAA
              3rd in Save %
              8th in Win %

That said, stats are great but they simply do not tell the whole story.
              He will not be in any 2020 Hobey discussion unless...unless... the totally improbable happens. I.E. Maine makes a big run of the second half and makes the NCAA's. I really do not think that is going to happen.

Comment

Game at uconn on nesn plus

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                  Been off the grid for a couple weeks...
                  Sway is the best player on the Maine team. No doubt. But he is surprisingly not at the top of goalies, statistically, in Hockey East, therefore nationally as well.

6th in GAA
                  3rd in Save %
                  8th in Win %

That said, stats are great but they simply do not tell the whole story.
                  He will not be in any 2020 Hobey discussion unless...unless... the totally improbable happens. I.E. Maine makes a big run of the second half and makes the NCAA's. I really do not think that is going to happen.
                  I agree, but if he has a decent ream in front of him, his stats would look better.

Comment

New recruit for next year Kabore Dunn. d man. 6' 2" 18 yrs old

https://www.timescolonist.com/sports...K610UP2WlJsn9o
                    Last edited by walrus; 01-15-2020, 04:44 AM.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

https://***********/mikemcmahonchn/s...578706433?s=21

Red’s got us headed for the title alright

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Completely empty rink. Mascot trying to pep everyone up. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Completely empty rink. Mascot trying to pep everyone up. Lol
                          Seems to be a common theme in HE lately, maybe alot of D1.
                          Last edited by NorthMike; 01-15-2020, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                            https://***********/mikemcmahonchn/s...578706433?s=21

Red’s got us headed for the title alright
                            Look at Merrimack, might be a problem for Maine in a few years.
                            Red!!!! Ughhh.

Comment

• 2-1 Maine after first period.

First period was up tempo. First ten both teams skated hard. Looked like great ice.

Looked like the refs missed a call early and did a make up a bit. Both teams skating hard.

Surprisingly great puck support for Maine. Like what I saw first twenty.

Comment

• 2-2 after two.

Pace still up. Sort of a physical game where officials letting boys play.

Let’s see if Maine has twenty left at this tempo.

Comment

Working...
                                X